• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Regularly $20, on clearance for $10. Picked up a set of these in Hartwell, GA. They had plenty on the shelf.

This is a great deal on a quality socket set. It's better than the pictured item on Home Depot's web site. The ratchet is not the typical, bottom of the barrel Chinese ratchet that is pictured on the web page. It's the better model with the pear shaped head: More precise and durable gearing, and very positive controls. The sockets are well finished, with sizes marked in large numbers. Also never found in this price range, it actually has all sizes of metric sockets from 8mm to 19mm. It comes with two extension bars (3" and 6"), screwdriver handle with interchangable bits, and a very decent blow molded case with socket sizes clearly marked.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-203490062/h_d2/ProductDi...

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Husky 37 piece SAE/Metric 3/8 drive socket set
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rbstern said:   Regularly $20, on clearance for $10. Picked up a set of these in Hartwell, GA. They had plenty on the shelf.

This is a great deal on a quality socket set. It's better than the pictured item on Home Depot's web site. The ratchet is not the typical, bottom of the barrel Chinese ratchet that is pictured on the web page. It's the better model with the pear shaped head: More precise and durable gearing, and very positive controls. The sockets are well finished, with sizes marked in large numbers. Also never found in this price range, it actually has all sizes of metric sockets from 8mm to 19mm. It comes with two extension bars (3" and 6"), screwdriver handle with interchangable bits, and a very decent blow molded case with socket sizes clearly marked.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-203490062/h_d2/ProductDi...

Thank you. Can you please post the SKU so that we can check the store inventory online?

There are still a lot in my area, but the price is $15 .. so, not as good as a deal

====================================

Ops.. sorry, I double checked, it is a different set. a 46-pieces set.
The quality doesn't seems as good as the one OP posted, the racket driver is not hold piece of stainless steel.
but it does come with a mini wrench.

I just wanted to follow-up on this thread.

I was interested in getting a relatively inexpensive set of sockets for occasional use and a search here brought up this thread. Looking at the date of the original post, I thought I might be too late, but I was driving by a Home Depot on my way to work this morning and popped in. I couldn’t find them on the shelf with the other sockets, but that was when I looked around and found the clearance shelf. They still had a bunch of them. The Clearance tag was marked $16, but I thought it was still a decent deal so I headed to the register. It rang up at $8. ($8.50 out the door after sales tax). It's a very decent set, as the OP mentioned. There were enough still there that I may go back and grab another for the car and another for my son.

So, while YMMV, it appears the deal is still on...and even better than before. Thanks, OP.

P.S. SKU is 165 786

inventory checker

damn, I had my heart set on the pass through set

This is a great deal. I think the price is now only $8.00. As stated, the ratchet is much, much nicer than the one in the picture.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014