• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This weeks ad from Frys has a BYTECC SATA TO SUPERSPEED USB 3.0 HARD DRIVE ENCLOSURE free after rebate.
$21 is the price before rebate.

see page seven of the current ad

For those w/o Frys close by Ultra Saver Shipping is ~$7.

For those in CA with the newly raised taxes it's still 1.68 AR and tax.

Member Summary

3.5" USB to Hard Drive Enclosure (29.91kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

Bytecc HD-35SU3-BK USB 3.0 enclosure (28.96kB)
Thanks larrymoencurly
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

OOS for in store pickup at Fremont,CA store

FYI Bytecc has a poor reputation in paying out rebates. Though usually if you follow up later, they'll be good on it.

Braxus said:   FYI Bytecc has a poor reputation in paying out rebates. Though usually if you follow up later, they'll be good on it.
My rebate took 65 days, and my check was post dated by 2 weeks but was valid.

Bytecc did not respond to e-mails sent to rebates@byteccusa.com but did answer sales@byteccusa.com and info@byteccusa.com.

The product shown in the ad and at Fry's.com is metal and differs from the one pictured below. The Phoenix Fry's had at least 15 in stock.

[EDIT]: The product sold is the old metal version. The AC adapter is the same no-name model as before but has a higher 120VAC amp rating, 1.0A vs. 0.5V (DC output ratings are still the same), and it's even lighter than the previous version, which was pretty light compared to a legitimate UL approved adapter with slightly lower DC amp ratings.

Good deal. But shipping is insanely high. No BM around me.

Bytecc refused to pay my rebate from a Fry's purchase even after I filed a complaint through the Attorney General's office. They are crooks. Don't buy it, you'll be sorry.

titewad said:   Bytecc refused to pay my rebate from a Fry's purchase even after I filed a complaint through the Attorney General's office. They are crooks. Don't buy it, you'll be sorry.Did Fry's end up paying it? 1-877-688-7678.

Now says "Shipping: Available In-Store Only"

larrymoencurly said:   titewad said:   Bytecc refused to pay my rebate from a Fry's purchase even after I filed a complaint through the Attorney General's office. They are crooks. Don't buy it, you'll be sorry.Did Fry's end up paying it? 1-877-688-7678.Fry's ignored all requests for help. They did not pay either.

my bf frys swann rebates just showed up...

titewad said:   larrymoencurly said:   titewad said:   Bytecc refused to pay my rebate from a Fry's purchase even after I filed a complaint through the Attorney General's office. They are crooks. Don't buy it, you'll be sorry.Did Fry's end up paying it? 1-877-688-7678.Fry's ignored all requests for help. They did not pay either.

I had same situation about a year ago for a USB3.0 adapter! Bytecc and Fry's refused to pay my rebate. Never again.

pdnmc said:   titewad said:   Fry's ignored all requests for help. They did not pay either.I had same situation about a year ago for a USB3.0 adapter! Bytecc and Fry's refused to pay my rebate. Never again.Maybe it's not worth a second risk to your computer and data because here's a picture of both the old and new AC adapters included with this Bytecc enclosure. The old one wasn't exactly high quality, but the new one looks worse:

Just hope this cheap accessory doesn't burn out your more expensive components, liked a motherboard.

NEVER buy BYTEC products !

Bytec did not pay my rebate from 2 years back (bought at Frys) also.
No reply to emails and finally when I called they asked me to email copy of my rebate documents
and when I sent it they said it was missing Fry's rebate receipt while I actually sent it
and then no more replies or phone pickup and it was by then 7 months and Frys said they
will help and I gave them copy of my paperwork and 2 more months went by and I just gave up.

8 user reivews and half of them give it only 1 egg.

newegg user reviews

ywd said:   8 user reivews and half of them give it only 1 egg.

newegg user reviews

Well that sort of explains why its FREE AR (provided theses scammers honor it or goes under).

Fry's is worthless when it comes to assisting their vendors honor rebates. Many of us here wrote to CA AG to force 1 too many Taiwanese vendors like Soyo to pay the rebates.

Even con artist like Zipzoomfly paid my 2 rebates after contacting CA AG even though they were bankrupt.

I didn't think of contacting the AG on my missing ByteCC rebates. When Fry's was new here they stood behind rebates but no more, I don't try dealing with them on such things anymore.

Following up did *NOT* work--they acted like they were going to but didn't. Since the guy I was talking to didn't even look anything up in the computer I strongly suspect they were never entered in the first place. I think they are pure scam.

LorenPechtel said:   I didn't think of contacting the AG on my missing ByteCC rebates. When Fry's was new here they stood behind rebates but no more, I don't try dealing with them on such things anymore.Somebody here who's sued in small claims court for unpaid rebates was told by court clerks to file against the merchant because they're responsible for any offer they make, even if they merely mention the rebate on a tag in the store.

larrymoencurly said:   LorenPechtel said:   I didn't think of contacting the AG on my missing ByteCC rebates. When Fry's was new here they stood behind rebates but no more, I don't try dealing with them on such things anymore.Somebody here who's sued in small claims court for unpaid rebates was told by court clerks to file against the merchant because they're responsible for any offer they make, even if they merely mention the rebate on a tag in the store.

Interesting.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014