• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linky

$15 for $30 Voucher for 1800-Flowers (Google Offers)

Member Summary

Flowers
Thanks JayMatt19
Disclaimer

1800-Flowers
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Terms

Limit 1 offer per person. Limit 1 offer per order at 1800Flowers.com. Valid online or at 1800Flowers stores only; cannot be redeemed by phone. Offer must be redeemed within 60 days. Offer value may be used toward shipping or service charges. Shipping rates and delivery times vary. Same-day delivery is available. Certain products do not qualify for same-day delivery. Shipping for direct-shipped gifts starts at $4.99 and flowers arrive in a box. Service charges for hand-delivered florist gifts start at $12.99. Sunday delivery available with select local florists only. No Sunday shipping available. Items may vary and are subject to delivery rules and times. This offer is for a unique promo voucher good until 3/15/2013 (11:59pm ET) for $30 at 1800Flowers.com. After the redemption period ends on 3/15/2013 (11:59pm ET), the promo voucher loses its promotional value and buyers who have not redeemed the promo voucher will automatically receive a refund for the value they paid ($15), credited to the credit or debit card used to purchase the promo voucher, within 2 weeks of the close of the redemption period. Offer cannot be combined with other 1800Flowers.com offers or discounts.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Every time Ive gotten a coupon or voucher for a flower company, the prices change and are as much as if I didn't have the voucher. Dont buy the hype.

"Offer cannot be combined with other 1800Flowers.com offers or discounts."

The way I look at this voucher is, $15 off amounts to free shipping. A good start, but the real challenge is making the remaining cost more affordable.

In my experience, sometimes these vouchers DO stack with other promotions and/or promo codes---depends on how they've programmed the voucher code, I guess. 1-800-Flowers is a bit sloppy with their restrictions at times, to everyone's benefit. In addition, I've placed several orders at 1-800-Flowers with vouchers and still managed to get full CashBack on the order via sites like eBates, FW, etc. In contrast, a lot of other places won't give you CashBack when you pay with vouchers. Finally, if you buy flowers with any regularity, it pays to pick up some discounted 1-800-Flowers gift cards via any of the usual giftcard resellers. Back in the day, you could pick those up for 20-30% off face value.

If you're likely to send more than 2 arrangements a year, 1-800-Flowers also recently started a "'free shipping' club" called PassPort, analagous to Amazon Prime I suppose. Costs $29.95/year, gets you free shipping on all purchases for a year. There are some minor restrictions, see fine print here. It would be interesting if you could use the Google voucher to pay for a Passport membership, although I doubt it will work for that. If anyone happens to try it, let us know.

I bought the voucher but when trying to use it instead of the current free ship/handling promo my cost was way higher.

I called an cancelled with Google - very quick and easy.

Interestingly, the terms on my confirmation e-mail said this:

Google Offers said: After the redemption period ends on 3/15/2013 (11:59pm ET), the promo voucher loses its promotional value and buyers who have not redeemed the promo voucher will automatically receive a refund for the value they paid ($15), credited to the credit or debit card used to purchase the promo voucher, within 2 weeks of the close of the redemption period. Offer cannot be combined with other 1800Flowers.com offers or discounts.

So this was actually a good deal - since you really take no risk if you choose not to use it - it just gives you an extra option if you happen to need flowers from them and another promo code isn't available.

If only it combined with a standard promo code it would have been fantastic.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014