• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sears
See Sears discounts that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Tub Material: Plastic

ScrawneyWallet said:   Tub Material: Plastic

I just looked in side my 20 year old GE Built-In Dishwasher and it is also has a Plastic tub with no water leaks.
Not bad for 20 year old Dishwasher .

Bought this before for $272.41 and returned it after a couple weeks. You practically had to wash the dishes before you loaded them or they would not come clean. Sears reviews seem OK but other sites seem to have poor reviews for the same machine.

Model #: 12093
KSN #: 5174260 Kenmore 24" Built-In Dishwasher w/ Ultra Wash® HE Wash System - Stainless Steel
Make Sure It Fits
Sold By: Sears
Seller Info Return Policy

Promotion: Get $50 off appliances over $299, Sold by Sears. Coupon limited to one time use.
Initial Subtotal: $379.99
Tax: $15.42
Your Savings: $123.00
Total: $272.41

This seems to be the same machine sold under the Whirlpool name Link

Goof review! No hard food disposer! Can do better for less

Butcherboy said:   ScrawneyWallet said:   Tub Material: Plastic

I just looked in side my 20 year old GE Built-In Dishwasher and it is also has a Plastic tub with no water leaks.
Dishes dry better in dishwashers with a stainless interior. That's why I paid extra to get it in my current dishwasher.

excoriatorb said:   Butcherboy said:   ScrawneyWallet said:   Tub Material: Plastic

Dishes dry better in dishwashers with a stainless interior. That's why I paid extra to get it in my current dishwasher.

Also the stainless steel tub is less noisy than the plastic tub.

Butcherboy said:   ScrawneyWallet said:   Tub Material: Plastic

Hard to believe that your dishwasher was only 10 years old when you joined FW.

This is not a good deal & anyone who'd even consider paying even $199 needs to be committed.

ach1199 said:   excoriatorb said:   Butcherboy said:   ScrawneyWallet said:   Tub Material: Plastic

Also the stainless steel tub is less noisy than the plastic tub.

And the stainless tub doesn't stain.

polishdreamer said:   This is not a good deal & anyone who'd even consider paying even $199 needs to be committed.
I purchased this in Nov for about $250 after discounts (including the 8% FW Cash Back at that time.) I waited until after the holidays to install it, so its only been run a few times. So far, I'm pleased--the dishes/glasses have come out well. I replaced a 15 year-old full-featured model (plastic tub) that began leaking near the motor. Since the screens don't have any food particles yet, the built-in waste disposal has not been missed. I did notice that the water seems to cycle on-off more frequently. Perhaps that, coupled with lack of the waste disposal is what gives the Kenmore it's "energy star" rating? Last comment before I'm committed-- I re-used the sound-absorbing mat from the old dishwasher instead of the cheep 1-inch thing that comes with this Kenmore.

1. Plastic Tub = Longer time to dry, strange smell after a while not using it
2. PVC racket coating = good chance to pilled off within 3 years
3. 57db = loud really really loud
And you need to pre-wash your dishes
4. The item was $322.99 at store last Sunday. Online Appliance shopping always pay higher price.

I also picked this up in a deal right before thanksgiving. If its the same model I've actually been pretty happy with it for the price. The outside stainless has a good look and my dishes have come out spotless so far. I've used mainly finish powerball tablets which seem to work well with it.

It certainly has some noise with the plastic tub but its not so loud to be frustrating at all to me.

I got it for around 250 though so in comparison this is a bit high to me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014