• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Best Buy is clearing out the EVGA and NVIDIA cards. You have to look at in-store clearance to actually find the deals and the price can vary from store to store, but you may be able to get them to price match another store close by!

The GeForce 560 SC specs are:

Part Number: 02G-P3-2069-KB
Core Clock Speed: 865 MHz
CUDA Cores: 336
Memory Clock Speed: 4008 MHz
Memory Bandwidth: 128.2 GB/sec
Shader Clock Speed: 1730 MHz
Bus: PCI-E 2.0
Interface: DVI, DVI, Mini-HDMI
Product Warranty: 3 year warranty upgradable upon registration
Product Length: 8.25in - 209.55mm

The 550 ti specs are: here

Comparison of current video cards and how they compare is here

I bought one of each because the BB online system didn't have enough information to intelligently compare the two cards. Surprisingly, based upon appearances the 550 ti appears to be a much heavier duty card but the performance specs of the 560 blow it out of the water so I will be keeping the 560 and returning the 550 ti.

To check a store close by, click the link and then click the change store button. The default link shows one close to where I live
Linky

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

EVGA GeForce GTC 560
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I am going to a store tomorrow to return my DOA 560, and I notice they have a 560 ti at the same store for $200. I will offer them $150 for this card and see if they bite. That's all it's worth in my opinion for an aged 560 ti. I bought the DOA 560 for $125, but it is barely worth that.

sesquipedalian said:   I am going to a store tomorrow to return my DOA 560, and I notice they have a 560 ti at the same store for $200. I will offer them $150 for this card and see if they bite. That's all it's worth in my opinion for an aged 560 ti. I bought the DOA 560 for $125, but it is barely worth that.

If it had *worked* would you have been OK with it? The specs show it to be a decent mid-range card and the reviews I have seen say the same. Certainly most people who are hard-core gamers would prefer the TI, but for almost any other user and "regular gamer" this card should be good.

ViveLeRoi said:   sesquipedalian said:   I am going to a store tomorrow to return my DOA 560, and I notice they have a 560 ti at the same store for $200. I will offer them $150 for this card and see if they bite. That's all it's worth in my opinion for an aged 560 ti. I bought the DOA 560 for $125, but it is barely worth that.

If it had *worked* would you have been OK with it? The specs show it to be a decent mid-range card and the reviews I have seen say the same. Certainly most people who are hard-core gamers would prefer the TI, but for almost any other user and "regular gamer" this card should be good.

Well, I did end up exchanging it for another. That ti version isn't worth even their clearance price. Yes, it is a good gaming card, and worth the price. It's an older card, but current chip. The other reason is that I wanted to be able to return it locally, and that part paid off because I had to with the first one. Maybe this one also, because it was an open box.

sesquipedalian said:   ViveLeRoi said:   sesquipedalian said:   I am going to a store tomorrow to return my DOA 560, and I notice they have a 560 ti at the same store for $200. I will offer them $150 for this card and see if they bite. That's all it's worth in my opinion for an aged 560 ti. I bought the DOA 560 for $125, but it is barely worth that.

Well, I did end up exchanging it for another. That ti version isn't worth even their clearance price. Yes, it is a good gaming card, and worth the price. It's an older card, but current chip. The other reason is that I wanted to be able to return it locally, and that part paid off because I had to with the first one. Maybe this one also, because it was an open box.

I'm sort of confused by how you say it isn't worth the price but also is worth the price. I currently have a GTX 260 and an E8400 that I had bought used for cheap to replace my old E5200. Don't want to go replacing my whole motherboard, but thought a new cheap video card might give a little improvement. Would the 560 be worth the price for whatever upgrade it would give over a 260? My closest store claims limited inventory, so I might try to see what happens if I order it for pickup.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014