• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If you don't like guns or ammo, move on....

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-2230

Federal 5.56x45mm NATO Ammunition with 62 Grain SS109 Penetrator Green Tip, 3025 fps, 300 Round Box XM855

Mind you, these are penetrator rounds that tend to cost more than normal 5.56mm NATO rounds.

Even still, price isn't great, but what makes this a hot deal is that they have it in stock.....

Member Summary

Federal 5.56 penetrator
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
These are tracer rounds. They can not only hit your target, but set it on fire. For many folks, this is considered a di... (more)

cantstop (Jan. 15, 2013 @ 11:25a) |

Give 'em 20 years and most of them won't trace any more. I shoot in the snow with tracers at steel for a wonderful littl... (more)

HitLines (Jan. 15, 2013 @ 12:12p) |

The highest price I've paid delivered for Lake City 5.56 (tracer 62g & normal 55g) have all been within a 10% of 33 cent... (more)

kdn102 (Jan. 15, 2013 @ 12:13p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seriously? This is a terrible price!

I agree on the price (outrageous), but seriously, try to find 5.56 ammo anywhere...

it's actually not all that bad for the penetrator rounds...I haven't seen them any cheaper in stock

cantstop said:   Seriously? This is a terrible price!

CTD seems to have adopted the "gouge 'em while you can" approach to marketing. It *is* hard to find and they are capitalizing on that.

jarhead6153 said:   I agree on the price (outrageous), but seriously, try to find 5.56 ammo anywhere...

I am sorry, but this IS NOT A HOT DEAL!

This is like posting iPhones for $900 as a HOT DEAL cause they are in stock. Arghhh!!!

Boycott CTD!

Unless you absolutely need it, take a pass on that price.
However, thanks for posting. It lets us know who the profiteers are.

CTD price gouge every opportunity they get! I would NEVER buy from them again.

Americans don't buy CTD

Just pre-order Cabelas. Save your money.

Will never buy from them after their latest stunts

CTD were awful before this current price spike, they are worse now. Save your money. Manufacturers are still making them. They are not outlawing the caliber. Plenty of non black rifles use this caliber. Prices will come back down.

I bought a bulk box of 1000 of those same bullets for $399.95 back in October at www.targetsportsusa.com. It does look like they have increased their prices since then but it's still not the gouge listed on this posting from CTD...

I think if you don't need them and don't think the govt will ban online bullet sales soon just wait for the buying craze to be over.

XM193 FMJBT are up at $34/box. These were commonly priced at $8/box last month. I'll pass; at these prices reloading is looking better and better.

sorry, I don't think i'll ever give CHEAPER THAN DIRT my business ever again... they need to rename* themselves... Expensive as He$$...I had them remove me from the mailing address

Wow CTD, simply wow. Not sure you can call this supply and demand because clearly there is not much demand at this price. Seems like not very long ago when I was posting Lake City 5.56 M196 Red Tip Tracer 55 Grain 840 Round Can - $240. See that price again? $240 for 840 rounds. 30 a round. 62 grain is NOT that much more expensive than 55g. What a joke.

thanatoslrsd said:   XM193 FMJBT are up at $34/box. These were commonly priced at $8/box last month. I'll pass; at these prices reloading is looking better and better.

Tell me if you can find some bullets for reloading

Where is the deal? $1.33/rd for XM855

Since when does in-stock = Hot Deal?

This is the last thing I received from CTD. "Your email address has been removed. You will no longer recieve any messages from Cheaper Than Dirt."

HitLines said:   Wow CTD, simply wow. Not sure you can call this supply and demand because clearly there is not much demand at this price. Seems like not very long ago when I was posting Lake City 5.56 M196 Red Tip Tracer 55 Grain 840 Round Can - $240. See that price again? $240 for 840 rounds. 30 a round. 62 grain is NOT that much more expensive than 55g. What a joke.

These are tracer rounds. They can not only hit your target, but set it on fire. For many folks, this is considered a disadvantage.

Give 'em 20 years and most of them won't trace any more. I shoot in the snow with tracers at steel for a wonderful little light show.

cantstop said:   HitLines said:   Wow CTD, simply wow. Not sure you can call this supply and demand because clearly there is not much demand at this price. Seems like not very long ago when I was posting Lake City 5.56 M196 Red Tip Tracer 55 Grain 840 Round Can - $240. See that price again? $240 for 840 rounds. 30 a round. 62 grain is NOT that much more expensive than 55g. What a joke.

These are tracer rounds. They can not only hit your target, but set it on fire. For many folks, this is considered a disadvantage.

The highest price I've paid delivered for Lake City 5.56 (tracer 62g & normal 55g) have all been within a 10% of 33 cents per round. So, tracers or not, $1 a round is just stupid. As others have said, it's not the caliber that may be banned, it's not even 5.56mm rifles that may be banned, it's specific configurations of rifles...some of which use 5.56, but there are plenty others on the list.

And, considering our government uses 5.56 I doubt civilian demand going down (if it does at all) will have much of an impact on price.

So, if you're looking to take over a small country this month, by all means...go buy some!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014