• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

NRA Life Member badge
Disclaimer
The NRA is now allowing the purchase of Life Memberships for $300 (70% off normal price) without a sponsor!

To purchase a Life Membership for yourself or someone else, call 888-678-7894.

Benefits of NRA Membership

To do it online, you still need the sponsor information as outlined below:
  • At this link, you (or the Life Member) must enter an existing Life Member's information (Member ID, email address, and ZIP code) and the Captcha-type Security Code - then click "Continue". Don't click "Not a member? Join here."

• The second page will ask if you want to upgrade the membership of the Life Member whose ID was entered to Endowment. Unless you wish to do this, just click "Continue".

• The third page will say Give a Gift Membership. On this page, select the Life Membership in the first drop down list, and enter the name and other info of the new/to-be-upgraded member - not the Life Member that provided the ID.

• Select Review & Complete Your Transaction. You should be able to enter all relevant credit card info there.

Member Summary

NRA
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Perhaps. Plenty of people inherit their wealth. Plenty of people who develop degrees of mental illness were once very ... (more)

slickdeal45 (Jan. 15, 2013 @ 5:42p) |

False. I'll take a classic example of something local to me, smoking, as it is the first thing that comes to mind. Sta... (more)

nitesbane (Jan. 15, 2013 @ 5:52p) |

How do I prove the existence of a negative? Seriously, think about it - if even a single gun owner had been able to sav... (more)

lousygolfer (Jan. 15, 2013 @ 6:00p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's time to rally the troops!!!

Good benefit if you get killed.....hmm I wonder why they offer death benefits?

The last one got shut down. It is a really good deal and people are dropping $600 due to wanting to support the organization. Hopefully this one wont be shut down. I will sponsor someone, if they need a sponsor.

I called 1-800-672-3888, told the rep I wanted to take advantage of the Friends and Family $300 Life Membership offer, gave my sponsor's info, and paid within 15 minutes.

For Police Officer's killed in the line of Duty, a benefit is a $25,000 insurance policy, plus $2,500 worth of coverage for your firearms.

cyberpitstop said:   It's time to rally the troops!!!

When the troops are rallied and the wagons are circled - don't be asking to come in

smokediverxxx said:   cyberpitstop said:   It's time to rally the troops!!!

When the troops are rallied and the wagons are circled - don't be asking to come in

or they'll shoot you

So obviously this "sale" is due to the impending Obama Took Err Guns Amendment, right?

alternative- use $300 to buy a firearm and let gun manufacturers pay for their own lobbyists.

thanatoslrsd said:   The last one got shut down. It is a really good deal and people are dropping $600 due to wanting to support the organization. Hopefully this one wont be shut down. I will sponsor someone, if they need a sponsor.

I called 1-800-672-3888, told the rep I wanted to take advantage of the Friends and Family $300 Life Membership offer, gave my sponsor's info, and paid within 15 minutes.

For Police Officer's killed in the line of Duty, a benefit is a $25,000 insurance policy, plus $2,500 worth of coverage for your firearms.

It actually wasn't shut down; it got locked because of so many political responses. I reposted because this offer is better in that if you call the number above, no one needs to sponsor you, and it's just $300 - not $600. The sponsor is only necessary if you do it online.

If anyone wants a sponsor for online, I'll offer as well. IM me.

Don't know if I get anything for it, but don't care. Increasing membership is always a good thing.

I want to know why people vote red? This is a good deal ! you do not need it move along do not open the link!

Dinkytoy said:   alternative- use $300 to buy a firearm and let gun manufacturers pay for their own lobbyists.

Not a bad alternative but gun-related legislation affects all of us, not just the manufacturers.

If you recently joined (using the Bass Pro Gift Shops $25 free gift card promotion/$25 annual membership) they will credit your account and you only pay the difference for the lifetime membership $275. Call customer service at 800-672-3888.

Thanks OP. Just updated my membership to Life, over the phone. Took 5 minutes and was a smooth process.

fanetem said:   I want to know why people vote red? This is a good deal ! you do not need it move along do not open the link!

There are a number of FW users who go into a thread and don't even READ what it's about, just look for the GUNS or AMMO or anything that looks like it's related to either, red it, and leave. Look at other gun and ammo threads. There's about a half dozen of them that have nothing better to do because you'll most likely see their names under the RED column. This is, of course, regardless of if it is a good deal or not, or even if it's a link that promotes gun safety, such as a thread about gun safes.

On a side note, I passed my CCW test yesterday (not that it's that difficult). Excited when I get my certification so I can put in for my license!

scurlock33 said:   If you recently joined (using the Bass Pro Gift Shops $25 free gift card promotion/$25 annual membership) they will credit your account and you only pay the difference for the lifetime membership $275. Call customer service at 800-672-3888.

Good deal, that offer is still good too. I just signed up, and will upgrade to lifetime too:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1249983/

I wonder why the topic is locked?

docjoo said:   Good benefit if you get killed.....hmm I wonder why they offer death benefits?

The greatest benefit they offer is death.

offer me with ten million dollar death insurance and membership.

Is there any other association other than NRA? I see NRA as a big business rather than protector of our rights. NRA CEO makes 800K salary, WTF really? So almost 3000 lifetime membership $$ goes to this dude?

sandy05 said:   docjoo said:   Good benefit if you get killed.....hmm I wonder why they offer death benefits?

The greatest benefit they offer is death.

Seriously? Neither the NRA, gun manufacturers, nor law-abiding gun owners are responsible for crimes with guns... the individual who commits them is, period. That's like saying AAA is responsible for hit and runs.

Those of us who support gun rights DO NOT support murder, mayhem, robberies, or ANY criminal act, be it committed with a gun or not. What we DO support is the right to defend ourselves, our loved ones, and perhaps our fellow man from those who would prey upon us. Violence is something that, unfortunately, comes from the mind and heart(?) of man. Before guns, it was committed with swords. Before then, clubs, spears, and rocks. In the future, it'll be something else.

No law will stop the determined criminal element, it merely serves to deter and punish them after the fact. Guns are used by criminals because it gives them power over the UNarmed. Having one yourself equals the odds and removes that power. True, if there were NO guns, there would be no gun violence... but anti-gun activists will NEVER succeed in removing them entirely (even if they did, man would simply invent a replacement) -- nor do they want to. Even the anti-gunners in government keep their own firearms and armed bodyguards/Secret Service protection. Why shouldn't WE be able to do the same? Because they're more important than us? Give me a break. They merely THINK they are because of their swelled heads. Every single one of them is there to SERVE us... at least, that's the way it's supposed to be.

The "downside" to ANY right is that there will always be a small number who abuse it. The solution is NOT to take it from the majority who don't.

egenesis said:   Is there any other association other than NRA? I see NRA as a big business rather than protector of our rights. NRA CEO makes 800K salary, WTF really? So almost 3000 lifetime membership $$ goes to this dude?

Most states have their own advocacy organizations as well. Don't know where you live, but do a search if you prefer that route. It's almost a certainty you'll have one if not more.

egenesis said:   Is there any other association other than NRA? I see NRA as a big business rather than protector of our rights. NRA CEO makes 800K salary, WTF really? So almost 3000 lifetime membership $$ goes to this dude?

Gun Owners of America is far better philosophically, but they're not as large. I've been a member of GOA for a while. But now I'm a member of both.

great deal.

Go check out how much AARP's CEO makes. You wanna talk about an organization that doesn't do anything to protect Constitutional rights and is only in it for the $, look no further...

ganda said:   Open your wallet, lobbying's not cheap.

NRA Sets 1,000 Killed In School Shooting As Amount It Would Take For Them To Reconsider Much Of Anything
you know your link takes you to "the onion" right?

Is there any other association other than NRA? I see NRA as a big business rather than protector of our rights. NRA CEO makes 800K salary, WTF really? So almost 3000 lifetime membership $$ goes to this dude?

Gun Owners of America

http://www.gunowners.org

SilverII said:   ganda said:   Open your wallet, lobbying's not cheap.

NRA Sets 1,000 Killed In School Shooting As Amount It Would Take For Them To Reconsider Much Of Anything
you know your link takes you to "the onion" right?

Many a true word is spoken in jest.

Green for a good deal that supports our freedom. Ruger! is another good supporter.

nitesbane said:   THE CONSTITUTION. If you don't like it, you can leave. I can tell you this, any country you go to you have to live by its rules. The Constitution determines some of them for living in the United States, one of which says that we will NOT be in a gun-free environment as long as citizens want to own firearms. It's no different.

I like guns plenty, but too many people fail to actually read the full text of the 2nd Amendment. (And they fail to read the entire document, too, but that's another discussion.)

A litteral, textual reading would make me wonder which militia you serve in.

I've met a few nutters who actually buy into putting down some dark, evil future government with their hunting rifles and handguns. They're fantasy-landers, who don't comprehend the power of a modern military. Oddly enough, some of these Disneys were people I met while I was in the service. They had one thing in common--they were Guard/Reservists. I never met anyone on active duty who had such silly notions.

Thanks OP. Great time to renew my membership.

Super fast & very friendly on the phone.

slickdeal45 said:   nitesbane said:   THE CONSTITUTION. If you don't like it, you can leave. I can tell you this, any country you go to you have to live by its rules. The Constitution determines some of them for living in the United States, one of which says that we will NOT be in a gun-free environment as long as citizens want to own firearms. It's no different.

I like guns plenty, but too many people fail to actually read the full text of the 2nd Amendment. (And they fail to read the entire document, too, but that's another discussion.)

I've met a few nutters who actually buy into putting down some dark, evil future government with their hunting rifles and handguns. They're fantasy-landers, who don't comprehend the power of a modern military. Oddly enough, some of these Disneys were people I met while I was in the service. They had one thing in common--they were Guard/Reservists. I never met anyone on active duty who had such silly notions.

1st Id like to thank you for your service.

You may want to go read what the SOTUS did in the last 2 2nd amend challenges they recently had. You will see you are incorrect in the point you are trying to make.

You may want to also go read what NY just did and the laws it passed before you call anyone fantasy-landers.

You story is completely full of holes and makes no real point. You never met anyone on AD who had silly notions. So let me get this right, you asked everyone you ever met on AD about their point of view on these issues?

You are the one who may want to read up on what our founding fathers considered a militia. You will realize its basically every citizen. Some of the FF's actually believed it was your duty to have firearms not just a right.

Constitutions just gives you the right to bear arms. This right shouldn't expand to owning a canon and a Gatling gun and a sniper rifle that can shoot straight through 20 healthy men standing in a line in a blink of an eye.

Keep your right. Its important. But someone needs to do a sanity check as to what should really be allowed.

slickdeal45 said:   nitesbane said:   THE CONSTITUTION. If you don't like it, you can leave. I can tell you this, any country you go to you have to live by its rules. The Constitution determines some of them for living in the United States, one of which says that we will NOT be in a gun-free environment as long as citizens want to own firearms. It's no different.

Speaking of reading fully, I'm going to mention comprehending fully, which is very similar and usually related. And that is, you do know what "militia" really is, right? Or are you just using the word in its stigmatized meaning?

Oh, by the way, I am not in a militia. My father was not in a militia, nor was his father. My grandfather was Chinese and couldn't speak one English word.

I just believe that when others try to remove freedoms *directly* given to me by my country, there is a problem. That is my position in a nutshell. Tell me I'm in a militia, or that I'm crazy because I believe that, I don't really care, to be honest.

duckbutter48 said:   slickdeal45 said:   nitesbane said:   THE CONSTITUTION. If you don't like it, you can leave. I can tell you this, any country you go to you have to live by its rules. The Constitution determines some of them for living in the United States, one of which says that we will NOT be in a gun-free environment as long as citizens want to own firearms. It's no different.

1st Id like to thank you for your service.

You may want to go read what the SOTUS did in the last 2 2nd amend challenges they recently had. You will see you are incorrect in the point you are trying to make.

You may want to also go read what NY just did and the laws it passed before you call anyone fantasy-landers.

You story is completely full of holes and makes no real point. You never met anyone on AD who had silly notions. So let me get this right, you asked everyone you ever met on AD about their point of view on these issues?

You are the one who may want to read up on what our founding fathers considered a militia. You will realize its basically every citizen. Some of the FF's actually believed it was your duty to have firearms not just a right.

Bingo, Bingo, Bingo, Bingo, and Bingo.

nitesbane said:   slickdeal45 said:   nitesbane said:   THE CONSTITUTION. If you don't like it, you can leave. I can tell you this, any country you go to you have to live by its rules. The Constitution determines some of them for living in the United States, one of which says that we will NOT be in a gun-free environment as long as citizens want to own firearms. It's no different.

Speaking of reading fully, I'm going to mention comprehending fully, which is very similar and usually related. And that is, you do know what "militia" really is, right?
Do you? Legal definition of "militia"

duckbutter48 said:   You may want to go read what the SOTUS did in the last 2 2nd amend challenges they recently had. You will see you are incorrect in the point you are trying to make.

I'm aware of the Supreme Court's rulings on the issue. I'm an attorney. I'm also able to disagree with their interpretations on this issue, just as you and I are both able to on any other issue.

The moment you earnestly believe that an undisciplined, untrained group armed with hunting rifles and handguns can successfully stand against a force such as the US military, you're a Disney.

Again, you're free to have your opinions, beliefs, and fantasies. They don't invalidate my experience.

What does "well regulated militia," mean to you? Our founding fathers had a healthy fear of mob mentality. Perhaps you'd like think about that, along with the very deliberate words they carefully chose to describe the militia they intended.

Agathon991 said:   But someone needs to do a sanity check as to what should really be allowed.

In a free country everything should be allowed, as long as one doesn't harm others. Punish criminals, but don't punish everyone for potential crimes.

SNPMaster said:   Do you? Legal definition of "militia"

I don't see how the examples you gave (you gave me legal examples, composition and classes, not actual definition) align with slickdeal45's implication of what a militia is. Using real, dictionary definitions, the closest of what that would be is definition #4:

1. a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies.
2. a body of citizen soldiers as distinguished from professional soldiers.
3. all able-bodied males considered by law eligible for military service.
4. a body of citizens organized in a paramilitary group and typically regarding themselves as defenders of individual rights against the presumed interference of the federal government.

But even number #4 doesn't necessarily allude to anything forceful. I'm assuming he meant number four, but none of those definitions are negative in of themselves. We're getting off topic of our off-topic discussion.

Skipping 33 Messages...
Okie said:   lousygolfer said:   nitesbane said:   lousygolfer said:   

Quit shrieking so damn much about assault rifles, which are used in the defense of abode by c) exactly zero (0) real, law-abiding civilians.

I take exception to your statement as to which absolutely 0 law abiding civilians use a tactical weapon for defense of their "abode". Could you please provide the statistics to this study where you have gotten your information? I know you take exception to the NRA members who take an all or nothing stance but your staement on the surface seems to be an "all or nothing" statement.

If someone is breaking into my house and my AR platform rifle is the first weapon that I can get, I will most assuredly use it rather than decide no, I can't use that to defend myself or my family against someone entering my "abode".

And I do enjoy using my AR rifle for varmint hunting coyotes when multiple shot opportunities present themselves from a group coming into the call (for which most multiple shots could not be accomplished with a bolt action).

But I'm sure you will tell me that and other information in your reply.

How do I prove the existence of a negative? Seriously, think about it - if even a single gun owner had been able to save his/her family's lives by being able to spray a few large magazines - maybe 40, 60, 100 rounds - at bad guys, do you think for a second that the NRA would have let that slip by unannounced? They'd be all over that story like flies on poop.

Years ago (pre-internet days) I read an article in the NY Times by an Ivy League professor on the myth of the use of guns in defense of the home and I really wish I had kept the article or could find it online anywhere. This academic conducted exhausting research in all 50 states going back decades, and found that people shot intruders in their homes very, very, very rarely - it was vastly more likely that they would shoot one of their own family members (let alone allow a kid to access the guns and have a shooting accident) by mistake in the dark than actually need a gun to defend their homes.

Is there a legitimate sporting need for a semi-auto rifle that can hold 10 shells? Sure. But if you need more than 10 shots at one time, you need to spend more time on the range and you aren't half the sportsperson you likely contend you are. Any "need" for more than a 10-shot clip on a rifle is not a real "need" but a desire out of laziness, paranoia about the need for self-defense, boyish fascination with all-things-manly-and-military, etc.... Is complying with that desire really worth enabling another lunatic to have access to big magazines to commit another mass-murder? No, of course not.

I've said this before, but a) I used to be an NRA member, about 30 years ago; b) I enjoy shooting; and c) I don't support any restrictions on the reasonable sporting use of firearms. I just want to make it as difficult as possible for a deranged person to decide that in the next few days, he's going to load up a few hundred rounds and see "how many I can take with me."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014