• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
On their clearance page you have to type in which store... Two area stores had these out of maybe 5 for me... Store pickup only. Pricing only available at this store.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/RCA+-+50%22+Class+-+Plasma+-+720p+-+...

Most of you won't live by me, so go back to the page where you can "change store" and check your local one.

Shopdiscover would also give you another 5% Cash Back, making it $332 plus tax

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

50PA30RQ (39.81kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Very happy with mine for sports & gaming.

I previously had a smaller Panasonic plasma. For $100 different, I'm not sure I... (more)

patofw (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 11:50a) |

These are still available at some store after 2 weeks.. If I could have stacked it with that $50 off $100 it would be go... (more)

timx (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 2:47p) |

Created an account here just to thank the OP. Was looking for a cheap 50" TV and bought one yesterday. (3 of these still... (more)

Jamtastic (Feb. 07, 2013 @ 1:49p) |

Staff Summary

That is pretty inexpensive. Any reviews you are aware of? What do you think of it?

Saw availability at some BB's in Northern burbs of Chicago. Found only one review on BB BusinessDirect site.

You can check your store by going here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12092&type=page&_requestid=295891

Enter your zip code, click find stores.
Then hover over your local store(s) and you should see a link like http://stores.bestbuy.com/###

Then take OP's link and replace the store ID with the ###

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/RCA+-+50%22+Class+-+Plasma+-+720p+-+600Hz+-+HDTV/3677294.p?id=1218425885482&skuId=3677294&strId=###&strClr=true

There may be an easier way (more direct) but that worked for me. Sadly, none in my area. Nice deal OP!

In stock near here. If I didnt have a 1080p 60" LG Plasma I would be on this like rebates on Norton 360.

They been having good clearance on tv's lately I got a 3d 50" 720p lg smart tv for $399.99 at the best buy right by me last week. They model is 50PM4700 in case some wanna check.

Ack, in store near me.

You can also search your local store for all kinds of clearance by going to the store locator, finding a store, clicking on it, and click "shop clearance."

So tempting, but alas, I must pass.

VentureScout said:   That is pretty inexpensive. Any reviews you are aware of? What do you think of it?

My buddy knows I'm a Fatwalleter and challenged me to find him a cheap 50inch... He picks it up tomorrow.... If anyone else that is reading this is local, there was a clearance wall mount at the BB vernon hills store that he also got for $40......

in for 1 Thanks. Too bad I didn't really need it lol

I picked one up, I'm sure I'll find someone looking for a cheap TV.

Melly777 said:   They been having good clearance on tv's lately I got a 3d 50" 720p lg smart tv for $399.99 at the best buy right by me last week. They model is 50PM4700 in case some wanna check.

Really?? Shows up as $1099 on the website. I got at 50" Panasonic 3D Smart TV from Sears for $700 and I thought that was a good deal! I'd snap that one up immediately!

Awesome deal, of course not available in my area, best deal I found was $499 Sony - 46" Class - LCD - 1080p - 60Hz - HDTV
Model: KDL46BX450
SKU: 4756718

Available in stores near me. Do I need 1 and what for?

Just ordered one.

afox50x said:   Melly777 said:   They been having good clearance on tv's lately I got a 3d 50" 720p lg smart tv for $399.99 at the best buy right by me last week. They model is 50PM4700 in case some wanna check.

Really?? Shows up as $1099 on the website. I got at 50" Panasonic 3D Smart TV from Sears for $700 and I thought that was a good deal! I'd snap that one up immediately!

Yes. The one that is showing up $1099 is the 50pm9700. The retail on the lg 50PM4700 tv was $899. I searched the clearance for best buy online in my area pretty much everyday. And got lucky enough to find it at 1 store.

pdxor said:   Available in stores near me. Do I need 1 and what for?
If you don't know, then you don't need one.

Still available at my local store today... Anyone got a BestBuy Coupon code I can stack with this?

Thanks OP - Was able to find one within a reasonable distance and will make the perfect man cave TV

This is a great deal, thanks OP.

Looks like they have at least one in stock in Woodbridge, NJ! Good find!

But then again Best Buy's sites usually are slow to refresh their stock indicators online.

This is what shows for me:

Store Pickup:
Order today, pick up on 01/16/2013 at
GURNEE IL, 6525 GRAND AVE
This Store Only

Delivery: Not Available

Good deal, but the store is thousands of miles away!

chuanren20 said:   This is what shows for me:

Store Pickup:
Order today, pick up on 01/16/2013 at
GURNEE IL, 6525 GRAND AVE
This Store Only

Delivery: Not Available

Good deal, but the store is thousands of miles away!

gotta read the thread, man...
soxfan2004 said:   You can check your store by going here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12092&type=page&_r...

Enter your zip code, click find stores.
Then hover over your local store(s) and you should see a link like http://stores.bestbuy.com/###

Then take OP's link and replace the store ID with the ###

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/RCA+-+50%22+Class+-+Plasma+-+720p+-+...

There may be an easier way (more direct) but that worked for me. Sadly, none in my area. Nice deal OP!

FYI - This is heavy (~60 lbs) and inefficient ($64/year [EDIT: bigrig states that the sticker says $30/year]) compared to current plasmas.

Huh ... I get RED for posting a heads up of data straight from the specs ????

Now if only I could find a smart tv for that price.

VentureScout said:   That is pretty inexpensive. Any reviews you are aware of? What do you think of it?

You would have to see how much power it uses. If it's one of those new ones that don't use a lot it's worth it but otherwise you'd just eat your savings.

720p on a 50" kills the deal.

I checked local stores and found it is listed as in stock in Flint, MI... for any fellow MI fatwalleters.

I personally wouldn't recommend an RCA TV as a primary TV these days (performance, reliability wise for a plasma you're better off with a Panasonic, LG, Samsung, etc), but I can see circumstances were you might want a cheap/big TV, so I'm not going to judge. I've got a finicky Olevia 37" POS from some years ago that still works great as a living room TV and it cost about the same price about 7 years ago.

I was able to snag one from Oxford Valley, PA. I haven't hooked it up yet but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for finding this.

I grabbed one in San Francisco...thanks for posting! Eager to see how she looks...

timx said:   
My buddy knows I'm a Fatwalleter and challenged me to find him a cheap 50inch... He picks it up tomorrow.... If anyone else that is reading this is local, there was a clearance wall mount at the BB vernon hills store that he also got for $40......

Horrible store, with even more of a horrible manager. I would go to any other BB in the area over that one, but a clearance item is a clearance item.

handyguy said:   VentureScout said:   That is pretty inexpensive. Any reviews you are aware of? What do you think of it?

You would have to see how much power it uses. If it's one of those new ones that don't use a lot it's worth it but otherwise you'd just eat your savings.

Just gotta read the ad Mr. Handy. Energy Guide says $64/yr.

Lvscott said:   720p on a 50" kills the deal.

yea, how? some things you read say 720p is better than 1080i, furthermore, that is the best picture your going to get over cable or satellite, the only way to get 1080p is from a blu-ray player

720p, format of choice for your VHS taped TV movies playback in flyover country. Newfangled "color" too I bet. Get it before the Best Buy down by the hog wallow learns it will be closing.

skh12 said:   Lvscott said:   720p on a 50" kills the deal.

yea, how? some things you read say 720p is better than 1080i, furthermore, that is the best picture your going to get over cable or satellite, the only way to get 1080p is from a blu-ray player

I get 1080i on my directv .... and it looks better than 720p

Best Buy, help a brother out.... all you need to do is open up a 10% off promo code to get this under $299 with Shopdiscover for a 50 inch TV... anyone finds one, post it here....

good deal. now need to find someone w/ a vehicle that it will fit in ;D

Anyone have luck in Florida?

Anyone have theirs up and running yet. What do you think? I have one waiting for pickup and am indecisive.

Available in Gresham, OR (store 1058). You have to use the OP's link and put the store number in as the TV does not show up when browsing the clearance section or searching by the SKU or model number.

Skipping 21 Messages...
Created an account here just to thank the OP. Was looking for a cheap 50" TV and bought one yesterday. (3 of these still available in Aiea Best Buy).
I am very very happy with the quality of this TV, it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but the picture quality is very good. For someone like me who just plays xbox, Netflix, hulu, this TV is a steal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014