• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
For those who find 720p too low for 50" at their viewing distance, if you want to trade off a few inches of size for 1080p, most BB's around here are clearing out a 46" westinghouse LCD for $349 too (SKU: 4941332). 120Hz.

Or if anyone's willing to pay $50 more for an LG brand 50" plasma instead, SKU: 5611068 is $399. It's 720p too, smart features & 3D.

thx op! very nice deal! a bb supervisor gave us an extra $100 off and tacked on a 2 year warranty for ($50), netting us a $50 savings + 2 years of peace of mind.

Yankees said:   thx op! very nice deal! a bb supervisor gave us an extra $100 off and tacked on a 2 year warranty for ($50), netting us a $50 savings + 2 years of peace of mind.

!!!

grabbed one in Albany NY...don't care about the haters, its still a steal @ this price & 5% CashBack from Discover..thanks op!

Has anyone gotten a chance to either see these at the store or get it up and running. I am curious as to the picture quality if anyone cares to comment.

Thanks in advance!

Yankees said:   thx op! very nice deal! a bb supervisor gave us an extra $100 off and tacked on a 2 year warranty for ($50), netting us a $50 savings + 2 years of peace of mind.Could you please share how you pulled that off? Thanks!

Picked one up in Tacoma, WA last night. Watching the morning news on it right now. Have a sound bar hooked up to it because the sound is pretty flat but for the price, hardly a concern. Picture is what I expected it to be.. no problems whatsoever. Again for the price, fantastic deal in my opinion.

triamarker said:   Yankees said:   thx op! very nice deal! a bb supervisor gave us an extra $100 off and tacked on a 2 year warranty for ($50), netting us a $50 savings + 2 years of peace of mind.Could you please share how you pulled that off? Thanks!

i literally didn't do anything.

it was a 24 hour BB, and we were just walking around the floor looking at their open box items. the supervisor told us that the prices for those were negotiable. we didn't get any of those, but came back to him later and asked if they have the rca tv in stock, and whether we needed to order it from a phone and wait for the whole order confirm/ready-for-pickup notice or whether we can just buy it in store.

he then said if he can physically locate it, he'd give us a good price. great guy.

Yankees said:   triamarker said:   Yankees said:   thx op! very nice deal! a bb supervisor gave us an extra $100 off and tacked on a 2 year warranty for ($50), netting us a $50 savings + 2 years of peace of mind.Could you please share how you pulled that off? Thanks!

i literally didn't do anything.

it was a 24 hour BB, and we were just walking around the floor looking at their open box items. the supervisor told us that the prices for those were negotiable. we didn't get any of those, but came back to him later and asked if they have the rca tv in stock, and whether we needed to order it from a phone and wait for the whole order confirm/ready-for-pickup notice or whether we can just buy it in store.

he then said if he can physically locate it, he'd give us a good price. great guy.

Were you with a very attractive lady friend?

Bad post, I changed it to this

Picked one up today. Great picture and pretty good sound.

icecube said:   Were you with a very attractive lady friend?

yes. gf.

icecube said:   Were you with a very attractive lady friend?
Were you the Best Buy employee?

Just picked up a Dynex 37" Class LCD 720p 60Hz HDTV - DX-37L200A12 SKU: 3208505 for $199 + tax from searching the clearance items. Best price on it in the past looks like $239. Just set it up and the picture and sound is decent. They didn't have the RCA at this store (Rockaway NJ) but did at others in northern/central NJ.

I found this one for $399 only at the Union NJ store, but was scared by some reviews saying that they die within a few months, but the price was $80 less than anywhere else online:

Toshiba - 46" Class (46" Diag.) - LCD TV - 1080p - 120 Hz - HDTV 1080p Model: 46G310U SKU: 2351086

Grabbed one in Denver (4100 E Mexico Ave), thanks for the heads up!

After turning off the picture "enhancements" like noise reduction, dynamic contrast, it looks pretty good!

And the sticker on the TV says the estimated yearly operating cost is $30, not $64 like the website says.

Yup, I always knock about 30% off for attractive clientele as long as they put 50% of it back into a warranty...win win!

classicmac said:   icecube said:   Were you with a very attractive lady friend?
Were you the Best Buy employee?

I'm wondering two things.
1) Of the people that have bought these, how are you liking them for say gaming and sports? Any problems?
2) If you could get basically the same spec tv but made by Panasonic for $100 more which one would you buy?

Thanks ahead of time.

Very happy with mine for sports & gaming.

I previously had a smaller Panasonic plasma. For $100 different, I'm not sure I'd pay the increased price. It's $100, but that's also 30% of the price of the TV.

In a couple years, assuming both still worked, will the Panasonic be worth any additional money over the RCA for resale?

These are still available at some store after 2 weeks.. If I could have stacked it with that $50 off $100 it would be golden...

Created an account here just to thank the OP. Was looking for a cheap 50" TV and bought one yesterday. (3 of these still available in Aiea Best Buy).
I am very very happy with the quality of this TV, it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but the picture quality is very good. For someone like me who just plays xbox, Netflix, hulu, this TV is a steal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014