• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Go ahead, make your jokes

Check CCC, not the cheapest ever, but very close.

BB approved

Amazon

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

ictorinox 6-Inch Flex Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

babyjohn said:   Go ahead, make your jokes

Check CCC, not the cheapest ever, but very close.

BB approved

Amazon

Excellent knife, Nice find and Green for you OP. I do prefer the Curved boning knife when on sale but this one will do.
http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Cutlery-6-Inch-Semi-Stiff-Bonin...

I have cut myself with these Victorinox knives more than any other brand. They are sharp!

ForSpud said:   I have cut myself with these Victorinox knives more than any other brand. They are sharp!

Back in my Butcher days I cut myself a few times too....

Great knives for the money.

TheSpruceDeuce said:   Great knives for the money.

Misread as 'Great knives for the monkey.'

Agnutter said:   TheSpruceDeuce said:   Great knives for the money.

Misread as 'Great knives for the monkey.'

stop monkeying around

Thanks OP

in 4 1

for a boning knife, yes, thin and stamped is fine...

ForSpud said:   I have cut myself with these Victorinox knives more than any other brand. They are sharp!
my OXO kicks these up and down the stairs....you don't know what sharp is unless you do it by hand with high grit stones

lordoffire said:   for a boning knife, yes, thin and stamped is fine...

my OXO kicks these up and down the stairs....you don't know what sharp is unless you do it by hand with high grit stones

That may be true with OXO's Good Grips Professional knives, but definitely not with their standard Good Grips knives. I've got three Good Grips paring and mini-chef's knives and they are the dullest kitchen knives I own. I have spent enough time with a diamond knife sharpener to have put a decent edge on any knife that would take one and these knives simply have poor steel in their blades and cannot be made sharp. Their handles are also poorly shaped and too soft. I've got several Victorinox inexpensive paring knives that have been very sharp and while quite light in weight, have been very good knives.

lordoffire said:   for a boning knife, yes, thin and stamped is fine...

Consumer Reports rates Victorinox / Forschner knifes very high ( Best Buy )
Tested the Swiss made knife

American test kitchen rates Victorinox / Forschner knifes very high .
Tested the Swiss made knife

90% of Professional Meat Cutters / Butchers use Victorinox / Forschner knifes.

I am a retired ( 32 years ) Meat Cutter and I only used Victorinox / Forschner knifes.

Victorinox / Forschner knifes are made in Switzerland with Swiss or German steel . The top quality Victorinox fully forged series of kitchen knives is made in Solingen, Germany with German steel.

A lot of other brands of knifes are made in China with Chinese Steel, If thats want you want go for it.

For a $15 knife, what kind of steel was stamped (or by who) to make it is completely irrelevant.

I don't have a micrometer, but it looks like even the Komachi are thicker than Victorinox.

Great knife if your FAT!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.