GUNS: AR-15 100 BETA-C MAG - $699 @ CTD

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For those of you with DEEP pockets and the need to have a 100rd drum

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-056...

I DO NOT RECOMMEND CTD BASED ON THEIR PRICE GOUGING ANTICS. THIS IS CLEARLY OVERPRICED..

Member Summary

AR-15 100 BETA-C MAG (40.15kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
terrible price

legendps (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 9:16a) |

Well some places will do business based on pure "supply and demand" and others may realize this frenzy won't last foreve... (more)

VicVinegar (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 2:22p) |

werent these on sale for a hundred bucks just a month ago or so? it should come with a jug-o-jelly too

Northerner26 (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 7:33p) |

Staff Summary

hammer45 said:   For those of you with DEEP pockets and the need to have a 100rd drum

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-056...

I DO NOT RECOMMEND CTD BASED ON THEIR PRICE GOUGING ANTICS. THIS IS CLEARLY OVERPRICED..

what a joke JUNK even for $99

This is a Hot Deal?

I'm not sure about all these "Yeah, but it's in stock!" posts.

Red me if you want.....ironically, there are people out there that are willing to pay this price and consider it a deal (check on the prices on Gunbroker to confirm that!). I'm just not one of them.

No red just saying

hammer45 said:   Red me if you want.....ironically, there are people out there that are willing to pay this price and consider it a deal (check on the prices on Gunbroker to confirm that!). I'm just not one of them.

However, listing something on gunbroker at a price doesn't make it SOLD at that price.

Curless said:   hammer45 said:   Red me if you want.....ironically, there are people out there that are willing to pay this price and consider it a deal (check on the prices on Gunbroker to confirm that!). I'm just not one of them.

However, listing something on gunbroker at a price doesn't make it SOLD at that price.

Do an "advanced search" and look for the completed items....craziness for the actual prices of SOLD items.

Boycott CTD!

I would not buy anything from a company who conducts themselves the way this bunch does. No way. Don't care what they priced it at. They are the price gougingest bunch I have ever seen. On the upside, I did just get some $14 AK 47 30 round mags from Cabelas!

When gun control laws flounder in Congress and prices return to normal, I vow to never, ever shop at CTD again. If I ran FW, I'd ban posts about CTD based on principle alone.

kinetica said:   When gun control laws flounder in Congress and prices return to normal, I vow to never, ever shop at CTD again. If I ran FW, I'd ban posts about CTD based on principle alone.

Guaranteed they'll be the next Bose or Omaha Steaks of FW after this.

Like their old ads, save -56%!

Only that the price is lower than somewhere else doesn't make it a deal, even less a FW worthy hot deal.

And I thought Beta C-Mags were overpriced when they were $199 years ago. Not to mention that much weight completely throws off the balance of the gun.

Meh, people are frantic making poor purchasing decision....some companies capitalizing on that. After all this mess settles down, I'll know where to spend my hard earned money and remember who was gouging their customers.

It is easy to get caught up in the frenzy. Heck, you can't even find a j-frame to buy and they wouldn't be affected by any of these new laws. Obviously something other than common sense is driving the market.

The reality is that a new AWB and mag limit probably can't pass the House. Maybe not even the Senate.

I do hope consumers punish these gougers when the frenzy cools. Plenty of companies are keeping prices reasonable, they just don't have anything to sell.

I bought them all!

There has to be an achievement for getting this much red and yet so many replies!! LMAO

I hope people realize I knew this was a complete rip-off when I posted it.

hammer45 said:   There has to be an achievement for getting this much red and yet so many replies!! LMAO

I hope people realize I knew this was a complete rip-off when I posted it.

I thought this site was all about great deals, not horrible, horrible rip you off deals.

kinetica said:   When gun control laws flounder in Congress and prices return to normal, I vow to never, ever shop at CTD again. If I ran FW, I'd ban posts about CTD based on principle alone.

In terms of pricing, CTD's pricing also skyrocketed in 2008. Remember their crazy pricing on .380 ACP ammunition (it was above MSRP)? Frankly, I'm surprised that people aren't already boycotting CTD since they pulled their shenanigans in 2008.

Did we all forget 2008 or something? Buy low, sell high ... not the other way around.

It all fair game. Supply and demand. If you smelled a ban coming, you should have stocked up.

This thing was $199 a couple months ago. I agree with supply demand argument but $700 bucks..give me a break!

terrible price

Goodyear4123 said:   This thing was $199 a couple months ago. I agree with supply demand argument but $700 bucks..give me a break!

Well some places will do business based on pure "supply and demand" and others may realize this frenzy won't last forever and are winning (or confirming) the loyalty of their customers by keeping prices down even when they could charge more. Looks like CTD chose option 1, and we'll see how many gun owners keep going to them once competitors have decent inventories again.

And as far as "sniffing the ban", I guess I didn't see an elementary school shooting and subsequent knee jerk reaction in my crystal ball in November.

werent these on sale for a hundred bucks just a month ago or so? it should come with a jug-o-jelly too

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014