• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I had microsoft email me a link to download the 64 bit version, but it never asked me for a product code, I wonder if it will let me download to multiple machines?

rated:
insurance32 said:   I had microsoft email me a link to download the 64 bit version, but it never asked me for a product code, I wonder if it will let me download to multiple machines?

My downloaded file has the serial number in it's name already.. which is probably why it didn't ask me for it too.

rated:
I got a small exe file ~500k while purchasing. When I double clicked it , it appeared to me that it wanted to install on cloud. I did not see any option to download the huge file [500 MB] or so reported by others. After some time, I got a message that office 2013 is installed and I see it on my PC. How do I confirm that I am not on cloud?

Pl. advise.

rated:
JB137 said:   I got a small exe file ~500k while purchasing. When I double clicked it , it appeared to me that it wanted to install on cloud. I did not see any option to download the huge file [500 MB] or so reported by others. After some time, I got a message that office 2013 is installed and I see it on my PC. How do I confirm that I am not on cloud?

Pl. advise.

Disconnect network cable and see if it works?

rated:
JB137 said:   I got a small exe file ~500k while purchasing. When I double clicked it , it appeared to me that it wanted to install on cloud. I did not see any option to download the huge file [500 MB] or so reported by others. After some time, I got a message that office 2013 is installed and I see it on my PC. How do I confirm that I am not on cloud?

Pl. advise.

The programs are installed here C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15 even though it's 32bit on a 64-bit system.

rated:
f1ipm0dsqd said:   JB137 said:   I got a small exe file ~500k while purchasing. When I double clicked it , it appeared to me that it wanted to install on cloud. I did not see any option to download the huge file [500 MB] or so reported by others. After some time, I got a message that office 2013 is installed and I see it on my PC. How do I confirm that I am not on cloud?

Pl. advise.

The programs are installed here Crogram FilesMicrosoft Office 15rootoffice15 even though it's 32bit on a 64-bit system.

I too see the same path. However, when I was installing, it asked me how it want to show that I am connected to cloud. It had some pictures. I selected the default picture of "cloud". When I open Outlook 2013, I see some clouds above the title bar. Same with word 2013. I am confused.

rated:
JB137 said:   f1ipm0dsqd said:   JB137 said:   I got a small exe file ~500k while purchasing. When I double clicked it , it appeared to me that it wanted to install on cloud. I did not see any option to download the huge file [500 MB] or so reported by others. After some time, I got a message that office 2013 is installed and I see it on my PC. How do I confirm that I am not on cloud?

Pl. advise.

The programs are installed here Crogram FilesMicrosoft Office 15rootoffice15 even though it's 32bit on a 64-bit system.

I too see the same path. However, when I was installing, it asked me how it want to show that I am connected to cloud. It had some pictures. I selected the default picture of "cloud". When I open Outlook 2013, I see some clouds above the title bar. Same with word 2013. I am confused.

that's for saving the files, not where the program is installed. You have the option to save files locally or to Skydrive.

rated:
f1ipm0dsqd said:   JB137 said:   f1ipm0dsqd said:   JB137 said:   I got a small exe file ~500k while purchasing. When I double clicked it , it appeared to me that it wanted to install on cloud. I did not see any option to download the huge file [500 MB] or so reported by others. After some time, I got a message that office 2013 is installed and I see it on my PC. How do I confirm that I am not on cloud?

Pl. advise.

that's for saving the files, not where the program is installed. You have the option to save files locally or to Skydrive.

When the option comes for skydrive [during installation or during running the program]? I do see skydrive installed but I did not see an option to enable it or to see how much space I am using or any place to pay a rent for it.

rated:
In Office 2013, if you are logged in using your Windows Live account, by default when you go to Save As, it will try to save the file to your Windows SkyDrive account.

Follow the steps to change the default location:

1. Open Word 2013.
2. Click on File -> Go to Options.
3. Click on Save in the left-hand pane -> Check the box that says Save to Computer by default.

Now when you go to Save As, the file will save locally on the computer rather than to your SkyDrive.

rated:
doesn't work for @us.army.mil

rated:
Works for @Amazon.com

rated:
SteelRing said:   office 2003 still the best... all they did in subsequent versions just rearrange all the menu into icons and sh1ts you cannot find to do what you always been doing...... put in some new color schemes for the charts and new fonts and they call it new version.... bullsh1t

Software developers are some of the laziest people in the world. What other product can you sell that people can't return if it is junk other than software?

rated:
you can download the trial here: linky then you should be able to use your product key to unlock the full version

edit
you can then burn to disk using the built in img burner in windows 7, still way more of a PITA than it should be.....

rated:
does not work for usa any more, only taking canada, is anybody having any issues downloading from an .edu website ?

rated:
Worked for me with my company e-mail. Thanks for the heads up OP. Green for you.

rated:
Great deal...was able to get it to work (a few days ago) with my current .edu address. Thanks!

rated:
freakcity999 said:   you can download the trial here: linky then you should be able to use your product key to unlock the full version

edit
you can then burn to disk using the built in img burner in windows 7, still way more of a PITA than it should be.....

I'm also guessing here (haven't tried yet) that you can just virtually mount the image (say, in perhaps Daemon Tools or another similar program) and use it as a virtual drive. I've done that with many a disc image.

rated:
acroleel said:   I just still using my 2007 version.. Do I really out??????

Delete

rated:
Ironpirate said:   doesn't work for @us.army.mil

that sucks. Do you have variants of your address? Only one style may work. This was true for my wife's email. Good luck.

rated:
I did what muskie myke stepped through but still no go. I cannot get to the last page where I can add to cart and be able to buy. Been working on this for about 5 days. I am even it IT. How would normal folks be able to do this? Why is it such a trick?

rated:
thx op. I actually qualify for this and it's saving me money

rated:
It seems to me a little bogus that they recommend you install the 32bit version even if your OS is 64bit. I do have Office 2010, but I downloaded the 64bit trial version, which is what I would like to install.

I'm curious if I use the downloaded trial version and simply enter the CD key they sent when I ordered the $9.95 version, so I don't have to install from the Internet.

rated:
SimMike said:   It seems to me a little bogus that they recommend you install the 32bit version even if your OS is 64bit. I do have Office 2010, but I downloaded the 64bit trial version, which is what I would like to install.

I'm curious if I use the downloaded trial version and simply enter the CD key they sent when I ordered the $9.95 version, so I don't have to install from the Internet.

MS is saving you the hassle by recommending you the 32bit version. You will likely not need 64bit office anyways, for one, there's lack of support for 64bit Add-ins, then there's VBA codes.

Why do you need 64bit office anyways?

rated:
If I purchase this and then I leave the company at a later date, I understand that the license is terminated. Does the key actually get invalidated and you can no longer use the product?

rated:
yelloe1213 said:   If I purchase this and then I leave the company at a later date, I understand that the license is terminated. Does the key actually get invalidated and you can no longer use the product?

Microsoft doesn't know when you leave a company.

rated:
69ragtop said:   yelloe1213 said:   If I purchase this and then I leave the company at a later date, I understand that the license is terminated. Does the key actually get invalidated and you can no longer use the product?

Microsoft doesn't know when you leave a company.

Or if you ever worked for the company in the first place.

rated:
Just want to confirm:

If the license is for installing "2 times on 2 computers", does that mean if
1) I install it on 2 PCs now;
2) I upgrade my desktop, likely to a laptop, in a year;

I won't be able to install it on the new laptop?

rated:
Just got this today with a UIC.edu email address. Thanks OP!!!

rated:
ImagineNoHell said:   Just want to confirm:

If the license is for installing "2 times on 2 computers", does that mean if
1) I install it on 2 PCs now;
2) I upgrade my desktop, likely to a laptop, in a year;

I won't be able to install it on the new laptop?

I guess so. There has been a lot of hubub online about Office 2013 licensing. All I know is I've installed my $9.95 copy on two machines four times. And will do so on a third machine tomorrow when I pick up my Surface 128gig. If I run into any issues, I'm sure all I'll have to do is ring up the activation line and tell the automated voice it's not installed on a million computers at once, etc and it will activate just fine.

We shall see.

Just to clarify, it's only installed on one machine currently and will be put on a second tomorrow. The license allows that so I'm not doing anything wrong. Not everyone has one single computer for a decade. I'm sure Microsoft will favor the customer if he/she changes hardware, just like always.

I switched machines/hard drives all the time with my 2010 license. At worst, all I had to do was call the manual phone activation line. Done.

rated:
Could someone point me to a good review of 2013? What are the improvements and features?Thanks

rated:
Just installed Office 2013 on a third computer (fifth total install since I got the license). It tripped the activation and all I had to do was ring up MSFT and do the phone activation. So, all this FUD about "OMG ITS TIED TO ONE MACHINE FOREVER!!1" is simply not accurate.

The activation process was no different than any other Office version. BTW, I have the $9.95 version installed on two computers. Perfectly legal and no big deal.

rated:
*@asu.edu address working again for me.

rated:
Any easy way to get an Amazon.com e-mail address?

rated:
mushman said:   mAdMaLuDaWg said:   Not entirely clear how to get the free upgrade from 2010 that I purchased using the same website.

Same issue - if anyone knows how to upgrade. I have it through my previous job but current job does not participate. Any info on upgrade would be appreciated.

It turns out you can't upgrade Office Professional Plus 2010 to Office Professional 2013 if 2010 is a promo discount licenses. The license I was trying to upgrade was a promo copy I purchased via my employer portal - another Office for $9.95 deal.

Microsoft Office 365/2013 Professional Upgrade Site is right here. They're limiting it to non-promo-priced SKUs.

When I tried the 2010ProPlus license key, it spat out he following error code:
downloadoffice2010.microsoft.com said: The Office 2013 Product Key provided represents a product which is not eligible for this promotion.
Please re-enter your Product Key and try again, or check the program eligibility requirements.

I called customer support about not qualifying for the upgrade. I was informed that promotional licenses of "Office Professional Plus 2010" were not eligible for upgrade to Office Professional 2013.

The reason I highlight the Plus distinction: It's a different SKU & License Key than "Office Professional 2010"

rated:
Would be great if it was ver 2003.

rated:
kadixon said:   Thanks. I hope it works. Still using Office 2003

I would bump it up to 2007 and hold....2010/2013 sucks....

rated:
sjgadsby said:
tougher said:
MicrosoftHUP.com, what the heck is that?

It tells Microsoft to "Hang UP", restart, and re-read all its configuration files.

Okay; now that was funny...apparently no Unix users in the house.

Maybe just adamantly NOHUP.

rated:
ozaer said:   kadixon said:   Thanks. I hope it works. Still using Office 2003

I would bump it up to 2007 and hold....2010/2013 sucks....

I think people would be more inclined to believe you if you provided specifics. "It sucks" isn't really saying anything.

Edit: Thanks OP! In for 1.

rated:
works for chevron.com

rated:
Thanks OP!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014