• Text Only
ameeyoung said:   I didn't qualify but my sister's Kellogs email working. She has 2 computers and wants to know how does this work? You can only dl on one pc? How do you order a copy or can she order 2 one for her and one for me?

She can only order one of each product.

mAdMaLuDaWg said:   Not entirely clear how to get the free upgrade from 2010 that I purchased using the same website.

Same issue - if anyone knows how to upgrade. I have it through my previous job but current job does not participate. Any info on upgrade would be appreciated.

I entered my work email (that I can only access at work) and it said to check my account for the email they sent. Does that mean it worked? I won't be at work again until Sunday.

ameeyoung said:   I didn't qualify but my sister's Kellogs email working. She has 2 computers and wants to know how does this work? You can only dl on one pc? How do you order a copy or can she order 2 one for her and one for me?

Almost all versions of office have a "Two PC License". The fine print says something about 1 PC and One mobile device such as a laptop. Supposed to be for one person, 2 PCs. Unofficially, what it means is that you can activate the software on ANY two different computers. In your case if sounds like your sister would be 100% in the good installing this on her two PCs.

mushman said:   mAdMaLuDaWg said:   Not entirely clear how to get the free upgrade from 2010 that I purchased using the same website.

Same issue - if anyone knows how to upgrade. I have it through my previous job but current job does not participate. Any info on upgrade would be appreciated.

read the link the OP provided.

The deal, stuck with the official title of "Microsoft Office Pre-launch Offer," started Oct. 19 and ends April 30, 2013. Customers who buy a retail copy of Office 2010 for Windows or one of several stand-alone applications within that period can download a free copy of the corresponding version of Office 2013, or in some cases, choose a free one-year subscription to an Office 365 plan.

Only applies to people who purchased Office after Oct. 19 of last year.

yes.

mase123987 said:   I entered my work email (that I can only access at work) and it said to check my account for the email they sent. Does that mean it worked? I won't be at work again until Sunday.

I don't qualify... sad day.

.gov email address works, in for one, now to get my sis' email too

Thanks OP ... Got Office 2013. I was using the 2010 version I bought 3 years ago from a similar HUP program. Rebuilt the PC and had no Office.. was waiting for some deal to come along ...nothing better in terms of timing ..its perfect ..thanks

Finally! Thanks!

SteelRing said:   office 2003 still the best... all they did in subsequent versions just rearrange all the menu into icons and sh1ts you cannot find to do what you always been doing...... put in some new color schemes for the charts and new fonts and they call it new version.... bullsh1t

You are soooo wrong.

Thanks OP.

2003 is fine for small documents. when you are working with big documents, the navigation pane introduced in 2007 makes it easy to go from section to section. change tracking and markups had big improvements also.

Yuyak said:   penbed said:   Still using 2007, why pay to upgrade if older version works just fine? Depends on what you want. I upgraded from Office 2007 to 2010 because I really wanted a 64-bit version of excel (32-bit has a 2gb ram limit, which made working with very large excel files excruciatingly slow). From what I've read, Office 2013 will feature full read/write/edit of pdfs which is a huge plus for me and well worth $10.

Would have been awesome to know about this before my company got all of us Acrobat Standard. Oh well...

I bought the Mac one 2 years ago and it won't let me get the windows now. Which sucks since I don't have a Mac anymore

mushman said:   mAdMaLuDaWg said:   Not entirely clear how to get the free upgrade from 2010 that I purchased using the same website.

Some said with 2010 if you purchased through HUP after the announcement of the free upgrade, you could get it. As far as I know this hasn't been confirmed for the 2013. However, for you it doesn't matter. Once you no longer work for an eligible company, you're no longer allowed to use either version. Bummer.

Question: What's the file type to download (.exe or something else)? After download, can I run it any time or is there a restriction?

I'm thinking about purchasing it now, but install it on a new PC later this year.

Thanks!

Works for me. Thanks OP!

Thank you!

Take a moment to print this page for your files. Print This Page
We are sorry, but we are unable to complete your request.
The following problem(s) exist:

Your order is currently in a review status
Your payment could not be completed.

No worky even tho I gave good card info. Customer Service gave me a case number and advises me to wait 24hr. Anyone successfully bought 2013?

ParkWalk said:   Question: What's the file type to download (.exe or something else)? After download, can I run it any time or is there a restriction?

I'm thinking about purchasing it now, but install it on a new PC later this year.

Thanks!

It's an exe. Your receipt will have the download link as well as your key, so I'd think you can activate it at a later time

I have no issue. Everything went fine.

guho said:   Thank you!

Take a moment to print this page for your files. Print This Page
We are sorry, but we are unable to complete your request.
The following problem(s) exist:

Your order is currently in a review status
Your payment could not be completed.

No worky even tho I gave good card info. Customer Service gave me a case number and advises me to wait 24hr. Anyone successfully bought 2013?

Ok guys, what's the story with MS Office 2013 Professional Plus.

I qualified for the program, downloaded and installed the program. The downloaded file was quite small and it seems that the program works from the cloud. That is, loading a program causes a little screen to pop up, which says it's streaming so hold on.

So, what's going on?

Great deal. Thank you, OP!

Daddio1949 said:   Ok guys, what's the story with MS Office 2013 Professional Plus.

I qualified for the program, downloaded and installed the program. The downloaded file was quite small and it seems that the program works from the cloud. That is, loading a program causes a little screen to pop up, which says it's streaming so hold on.

So, what's going on?

It's downloading and installing. When it's done and when you open it up, it will ask for your product key, type it in and you're all set! It took me about 20 minutes to finish downloading/streaming

I got Office 2010 this way through work. I'm game to try 2013...

Thank you! I bought both Office 2013 plus and Visio 2013 for $21.54 tax included.

Thanks OP, got order place & for backup DVD. Great deal. Oddly, though, the download link throws an error at me saying "the procedure entry point k32getprocessimagefilenameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." [OK] I can't say that my Office 2013 experience is off to a great start. Anyone else get a similar problem?

You can use it for two machines, this is what I found in the FAQ.
Can I purchase 1 copy of Office Professional Plus 2013 and 1 copy of Mac 2011? ​
No. You can purchase only one license for either PC or Mac. You may, however, use the product key 2 times for 2 installations on different machines.

kami333 said:   BlurryEyed said:   3) This is for ONE computer, so don't try and load it up on all your systems.

Not true.

On how many computers can I install the software?
2 computers, either 2 PCs or 2 Macs, specific to the software that was purchased.

link

If you have an existing hotmail account, try it along with program code 05383F4FAC. Saw this on redflagdeals, which is a Canadian site. It worked at the Canadian Microsoft site, anyone want to confirm on the U.S. site? Credit to Lukamo over at redflagdeals.com.

NeuroSynapsis said:   No dice for my work email but my school email went through just fine.

I love NOT having an alumni.school.edu email address

It only checks the top level domain, so if most cases an alumni account works fine. Same for .mil addresses for contractors, it doesn't care about the .ctr only the mail.mil.

gunsrule said:   Open orifice works great , why bother with MS trash

So why bother coming in to an MS Office thread and crapping on it? There are things that OO sucks at, and if people are looking for MS Office 2013 this is the cheapest price around.

penbed said:   Still using 2007, why pay to upgrade if older version works just fine?

Maybe because just bought two macs and don't have it yet?

9000 said:   Is it better than Open Office?

Seeing how Open office is COMPLETELY FREE the answer is nope.

This works for JPMorgan Chase (JPM) and Cognizant Tech (CTSH) companies for sure. So if you know any of your friends from these companies then use their emails and ask them to buy for you if they do not want for themselves. These companies do have 150K+ employees each.
I just got one for me, sweet.

Good finding!! OP!

The whole Hotmail.cum 05383F4FAC code thing worked.

jt2377 said:   Thank you! I bought both Office 2013 plus and Visio 2013 for $21.54 tax included.
I don't see Visio is available on the Office 2013 order web page. Where did you find Visio?

Edit: I found the answer in the FAQ. It says: if part of the Enterprise Agreement, customers may purchase one each of the other products available from the online store, usually Project or Visio.

zapy said:   The whole Hotmail.cum 05383F4FAC code thing worked.

LOL @ the link service that you provided!

It's only one download per employee or valid email. You can install on more than one computer. However, I think you can/suppose to only use one at a time.

Won't add to the cart for me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014