• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microsoft Office 2013 now available through Home Use Program for $10 ( If You Qualify )

http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/chooser.aspx?culture=en-US

Microsoft Office 2013 is now available through the Home Use Program [microsofthup.com] for $9.95 if the company you work for participates in this program. If you don't know your program code, just click where it says "Don't Know your Program Code?".

make sure you buy the back up DVD for another $13.99

dtlove74 op sd

.......................................................................................................

Here is some other info if you own Office 2010

Microsoft kicks off free Office 2013 upgrades
Free copy of Office 2013 -- or sub to Office 365 -- now comes with purchase of Office 2010
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9232656/Microsoft_kicks_o...

Member Summary

Office 2013
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Hello,

I am tired of searching for Microsoft HUP Software. My company id is also not working. Can anybody help me out by ... (more)

manojspam1 (Feb. 27, 2014 @ 10:43a) |

Not to threadcrap, but I'd rather stay away from Office 2013!
Having MSDN subscription, I installed it on my work laptop... (more)

SberianDude (Feb. 27, 2014 @ 2:32p) |

How did you get it to work with corporateperks?

craig001 (Feb. 27, 2014 @ 3:25p) |

For those who don't have an email that works, try to see if your company is signed up for corporateperks.com. Same promo through their website. Just need the code.

Works for:
@agilent.com
@asu.edu
@att.com
@bah.com
@bd.com
@bellevuecollege.edu
@blackbaud.com
@brandeis.edu
@Buffalo.edu
@c-a-m.com
@CareFusion.com
@cdc.gov
@census.gov
@chase.com
@childrens.com (Childrens Medical Center)
@christiedigital.com
@ciber.com
@cisco.com
@cognizant.com
@cornell.edu
@covidien.com
@dcccd.edu (Dallas County Community College District)
@Dell.com
@dhs.gov
@ea.com
@eBay.com
@esc.edu
@express-scripts.com
@exxonmobil.com
@fb.com
@FedEx.com
@hilton.com
@house.gov
@immucor.com
@infor.com
@jnj.com
@jpmorgan.com
@kpmg.com
@ladwp.com
@lausd.net
@lilly.com
@louisville.edu
@mail.mil
@marshall.edu
@missouri.edu - student @mail.missouri.edu won't work, but you can use pawprint@missouri.edu and the e-mail actually comes through
@mssb.com
@mst.edu
@mtu.edu
@nasa.gov
@navy.mil
@ndsu.edu
@nokia.com
@ogilvy.com
@oncor.com
@pdx.edu
@pnwu.org
@qualcomm.com
@reyesholdings.com
@Samsung.com
@scu.edu
@sec.gov
@statefarm.com
@stmarys-ca.edu
@stonybrook.edu
@svsu.edu
@tennessee.edu
@trade.gov
@trcsolutions.com
@txstate.edu
@u.washington.edu
@ucdavis.edu
@ucdenver.edu
@ucf.edu
@uci.edu
@ucla.edu
@uco.edu
@uconn.edu
@ucr.edu
@ucsd.edu
@UIC.EDU
@umdnj.edu
@unt.edu
@upenn.edu
@us.af.mil
@us.af.mil
@us.army.mil
@usc.edu (OOS for Office, Visio still available)
@utah.edu
@uthsc.edu
@uw.edu
@va.gov
@vanderbilt.edu
@villanova.edu
@virginia.edu
@washington.edu
@wisc.edu
Certain local city government e-mail addresses

Doesn't work for:
@acm.org
@alumni.upenn.edu
@alumni.ucla.edu
@australia.edu
@berkeley.edu
@bnymellon.com
@case.edu
@centralaz.edu
@clemson.edu
@Columbia.edu
@csu.fullerton.edu
@d.umn.edu
@depaul.edu
@dish.com
@dpsk12.org
@duq.edu
@elmira.edu
@email.sc.edu
@facebook.com
@farmersagent.com
@FedEx.com
@global.t-bird.edu
@google.com
@illinois.edu
@indstate.edu
@irs.gov
@kent.edu
@knights.ucf.edu
@loyno.edu
@luc.edu
@mail.depaul.edu
@mail.uc.edu
@maricopa.edu
@mdausa.org
@miamibeachfl.gov
@michaels.com
@microsoft.com
@midwestern.edu
@mit.edu
@mix.wvu.edu
@msu.edu
@mtsu.edu
@mwsu.edu
@my.fsu.edu
@myspace.com
@nau.edu
@nova.edu
@northshore.org (NorthShore University Health Systems)
@nyu.edu
@osu.edu
@ou.edu
@post.harvard.edu
@purdue.edu
@rutgers.edu
@saclink.csus.edu
@salesforce.com
@shsu.edu
@ssa.gov
@stanford.edu
@stevens.edu
@tamu.edu
@temple.edu
@u.pacific.edu
@u.pacific.edu
@ucmerced.edu
@udel.edu
@uga.edu
@uh.edu
@uhc.com
@uhg.com
@uiowa.edu
@umbc.edu
@umc.edu
@umd.edu
@unc.edu
@uoregon.edu
@usps.gov
@utexas.edu
@utmb.edu
@vt.edu
@webster.edu
@wfu.edu
@wsu.edu
@ysu.edu
@cs.brown.edu
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

MicrosoftHUP.com, what the heck is that? Home Use Program?

Thanks OP. Just got it.

Thanks. I hope it works. Still using Office 2003

Thanks! I have been waiting for this!

tougher said:   MicrosoftHUP.com, what the heck is that?

It tells Microsoft to "Hang UP", restart, and re-read all its configuration files.

office 2003 still the best... all they did in subsequent versions just rearrange all the menu into icons and sh1ts you cannot find to do what you always been doing...... put in some new color schemes for the charts and new fonts and they call it new version.... bullsh1t

needs program code or no deal

I'm assuming it comes as an downloadable ISO? Wouldn't it be possible to create your own back up DVD to avoid paying an additional $13.99? australia.edu did not work for me.

Logician1313 said:   I'm assuming it comes as an downloadable ISO? Wouldn't it be possible to create your own back up DVD to avoid paying an additional $13.99? australia.edu did not work for me.

Yes, you should be able to just burn it onto a DVD.

cruisencode said:   Logician1313 said:   I'm assuming it comes as an downloadable ISO? Wouldn't it be possible to create your own back up DVD to avoid paying an additional $13.99? australia.edu did not work for me.

Yes, you should be able to just burn it onto a DVD.

Everything I bought (don't have 2013) was a .exe, which you can re-download in the future.

Logician1313 said:   I'm assuming it comes as an downloadable ISO? Wouldn't it be possible to create your own back up DVD to avoid paying an additional $13.99? australia.edu did not work for me.

Yes.
Or just simply copy the iso and save it somewhere safe.

I can't qualify for HUP, but thanks for the info on the 2010 to 2013 free upgrade because I qualify for that on both PC and Mac.

If it's similar to the 2010 HUP, then the download was a executable file (.exe), I just copied it to a DVD.

The Mac version -- how many users are allowed? Is that one just one or is it three like Office for Windows?

What do I put in the "Your work email" field? My school .edu address didn't work for me.

Rostix -- you are not able to get an email with the access code etc. for the download so you are not able to get in on this deal.

Got one. Didn't try my work email (we're a start-up), my grad school email address didn't work but my undergrad email address worked!

zapy said:   Rostix -- you are not able to get an email with the access code etc. for the download so you are not able to get in on this deal.

So my "company" (an American university where I study and work) does not participate in this program, that's why I'm not eligible, is this right? Thanks.

Is it better than Open Office?

rostix said:   My school .edu address didn't work for me.

My work email failed as did both my son's and daughter's university emails (different schools). I believe my son's school is still loading MS Office onto the kids computers as part of their technology fee, so makes sense not to offer it to the kids there. As for my daughter's school - although a state school, they have an off-shoot .edu address that rarely works with discounts.

Dang, Sounded good

Still using 2007, why pay to upgrade if older version works just fine?

Worked for me. Thanks!
Got the email, and was able to put it in the cart for $9.95. But not going to buy, not sure why would I need it...

I'm going to try an answer a lot of questions here:

1) This is for Office 2013 (PC) or Office 2011 (Mac)
2) If you don't know your program code, click the link stated "Don't know your program code? Click here!"
3) This is for ONE computer, so don't try and load it up on all your systems. UPDATE: It can be installed on 2 computers.
4) Keep the download/EXE file and your license key in a safe place in case you ever have to reinstall. I lost access to the 2010 download I purchased previously, though I still have my key.
5) If you're not eligible, you're not eligible. No ways around it, unless you know someone who is willing to purchase for you.

got office 2013. thanks OP

if purchased with the backup DVD, is the license good for transferring from one computer to another? btw you can only buy either windows 2013 or mac 2011 and one of each additional. TIA

Thanks OP!

Is it illegal if my friend buys it for me? My company does not qualify but his does.

BlurryEyed said:   3) This is for ONE computer, so don't try and load it up on all your systems.

Not true.

On how many computers can I install the software?
2 computers, either 2 PCs or 2 Macs, specific to the software that was purchased.

link

sjgadsby said:   tougher said:   MicrosoftHUP.com, what the heck is that?

It tells Microsoft to "Hang UP", restart, and re-read all its configuration files.

Okay; now that was funny...apparently no Unix users in the house.

penbed said:   Still using 2007, why pay to upgrade if older version works just fine? Depends on what you want. I upgraded from Office 2007 to 2010 because I really wanted a 64-bit version of excel (32-bit has a 2gb ram limit, which made working with very large excel files excruciatingly slow). From what I've read, Office 2013 will feature full read/write/edit of pdfs which is a huge plus for me and well worth $10.

SteelRing said:   office 2003 still the best... all they did in subsequent versions just rearrange all the menu into icons and sh1ts you cannot find to do what you always been doing...... put in some new color schemes for the charts and new fonts and they call it new version.... bullsh1t

For most of my family members, Office 97 is working like a charm. It's lightning fast, too.

Thanks OP, it worked with a lausd.net email.

Not entirely clear how to get the free upgrade from 2010 that I purchased using the same website.

kami333 said:   Logician1313 said:   I'm assuming it comes as an downloadable ISO? Wouldn't it be possible to create your own back up DVD to avoid paying an additional $13.99? australia.edu did not work for me.

If it's similar to the 2010 HUP, then the download was a executable file (.exe), I just copied it to a DVD.

Its not similar, the installer downloads office for you. You really need a backup dvd for this one

No dice for my work email but my school email went through just fine.

I love NOT having an alumni.school.edu email address

I didn't qualify but my sister's Kellogs email working. She has 2 computers and wants to know how does this work? You can only dl on one pc? How do you order a copy or can she order 2 one for her and one for me?

Dang! I don't qualify. I hate it when I have a deal like this right before me yet out of reach.

Good find OP.

GreatestGambler said:   Is it illegal if my friend buys it for me? My company does not qualify but his does.

Yes it is but who's checking? /shrugs/

Skipping 200 Messages...
How did you get it to work with corporateperks?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014