• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Thanks for mentioning that you used your school email address. I never would've thought to even try it but it worked! Yay!

rated:
scored one!
Thanks for the domain list, it helps you remember who you know

rated:
For those of you that have bought it, is a Windows Live account mandatory for registration?
Also, does it still limit to one PC without the ability to transfer? I am concerned the ability to use it after upgrading my PC. (I'll likely do that in 2014)

Thanks.

rated:
View said:   Also, does it still limit to one PC without the ability to transfer? I am concerned the ability to use it after upgrading my PC. (I'll likely do that in 2014)

Give the last few pages of this thread a read. This question has been well-discussed.

rated:
mchael said:   Any easy way to get an Amazon.com e-mail address?

Get a job with Amazon?

rated:

rated:
I had the free Office Pro 2010 disc/key free from a deal long ago and finally used it. Sure came in handy when I finally got around to it. I installed only what I needed onto an external drive. Updates were huge but nice that they still support it.

rated:
Add @faa.gov
I got this a while back and got it a couple years ago with 2010, great deal.

rated:
As usual, Microsoft is changing things up with a Metro-style version of Office 2014 coming out next year.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/26/microsoft-teases-metro-style-version-of-office/

Those with a tablet or touch-screen using an older version may want to wait a year to upgrade to the touch-compatible version of Office 2014 instead of spending $ and download+install time twice...
In any case, 2007/2010 generally work perfectly fine for the majority of users who never touch the advanced & new features of Office 2013.

rated:
adorable said:   As usual, Microsoft is changing things up with a Metro-style version of Office 2014 coming out next year.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/26/microsoft-teases-metro-style-...

They are really shoving this Metro interface down our throats.

rated:
HEADS UP - DO NOT ORDER THE BACKUP DISK! I received it in the mail yesterday and the backup disk contains the same "Click to run" version that you can download yourself. The reason most people wanted the backup disk is because the the Click2Run version is incompatible with many addons, like Google Apps Sync.

If you need a backup, or need to install addons like GAS, then just download and install the Microsoft TRIAL MSI version. Even though it's a trial version, you can simply enter your purchased product key after installation. You're then running a fully licensed and true MSI version of the product.

rated:
I have been using office for my work, 2013 is more powerful, especially reflected in the excel tab function.

rated:
Wow-- missed this link before and just ended up purchasing Office 365-- which is frustrating. My original Office copy was on a student price and after a few years--it is gone. I couldn't open any of Microsoft documents-- all my receipts etc. Is there a way to find program codes for this deal?? Microsoft said I could return my of Office 365 since I was not satisfied. I'm now trying to find a perpetual license,for Office at the best price. I don't want to risk loosing documents again.

Any advice or buying suggestions would be appreciated.

rated:
msw2b said:   Wow-- missed this link before and just ended up purchasing Office 365-- which is frustrating. My original Office copy was on a student price and after a few years--it is gone. I couldn't open any of Microsoft documents-- all my receipts etc. Is there a way to find program codes for this deal?? Microsoft said I could return my of Office 365 since I was not satisfied. I'm now trying to find a perpetual license,for Office at the best price. I don't want to risk loosing documents again.

Any advice or buying suggestions would be appreciated.

libreoffice for one will let you read your existing office documents and its free http://www.libreoffice.org/#0

Do a search for microsoft office alternatives. There are quite a few

rated:
What am I doing wrong... I put in my email address, it says Congrats you qualify blah blah and sends me an email. The email has a link for 'Buy Now' but I end up in a loop. I never 'get a code'?

I really need this, any help is appreciated!

I put in my email and get this:

To Purchase

1.Check your email inbox.
2.Click on the link provided in the email to access our store.
3.Purchase your license/product key.
4.Choose and purchase back-up media with your order (optional).
5.Checkout and download!

I go click the link and I am back to the same page, wanting my email address... UGH!

rated:
Will this work on 2 PCs?

(Ok i see now thanks guys, 2 PCs)

rated:
I did it on my desktop and my laptop.

rated:
Wow my company must have just joined because it did not work before.

rated:
troutmd, i had the same thing. I called the support number and was told that all the licenses for my company were already purchased. Only way around it was to contact some unknown department at my employer and have them authorize more. Needless to say i am doing without ms office.

rated:
dont have promo code

rated:
how can i make these emails like that?

chevron.com
cisco.com
@cchmc.org
@aeroflex.com

@mail.mil, @us.army.mil, etc

@agilent.com
@asu.edu
@att.com
@bah.com
@bellevuecollege.edu
@blackbaud.com
@brandeis.edu
@Buffalo.edu
@c-a-m.com
@CareFusion.com
@cdc.gov
@census.gov
@chase.com
@childrens.com (Childrens Medical Center)
@christiedigital.com
@ciber.com
@cisco.com
@cognizant.com
@cornell.edu
@covidien.com
@dcccd.edu (Dallas County Community College District)
@Dell.com
@dhs.gov
@ea.com
@eBay.com
@esc.edu
@express-scripts.com
@exxonmobil.com
@fb.com
@FedEx.com
@hilton.com
@house.gov
@immucor.com
@infor.com
@jnj.com
@jpmorgan.com
@kpmg.com
@ladwp.com
@lausd.net
@lilly.com
@louisville.edu
@marshall.edu
@missouri.edu - student @mail.missouri.edu won't work, but you can use pawprint@missouri.edu and the e-mail actually comes

through
@mssb.com
@mst.edu
@mtu.edu
@nasa.gov
@navy.mil
@ndsu.edu
@nokia.com
@ogilvy.com
@oncor.com
@pdx.edu
@pnwu.org
@qualcomm.com
@reyesholdings.com
@scu.edu
@sec.gov
@statefarm.com
@stmarys-ca.edu
@stonybrook.edu
@svsu.edu
@tennessee.edu
@trade.gov
@trcsolutions.com
@txstate.edu
@u.washington.edu
@ucdavis.edu
@ucdenver.edu
@ucf.edu
@uci.edu
@ucla.edu
@uconn.edu
@ucr.edu
@ucsd.edu
@UIC.EDU
@umdnj.edu
@unt.edu
@upenn.edu
@us.af.mil
@us.af.mil
@us.army.mil
@usc.edu (OOS for Office, Visio still available)
@utah.edu
@uthsc.edu
@uw.edu
@va.gov
@vanderbilt.edu
@villanova.edu
@virginia.edu
@washington.edu
@wisc.edu

rated:
And the rest of us are subsidizing this when paying $100-plus for the program

rated:
I purchased the software thru  the HUP program a few months back. I never downloaded or installed the software was having system problems. i am back jup and running and want to installl it on my new machine. Where can i go to log in and download my software and get my product keys?

rated:
averageguy said:   I purchased the software thru  the HUP program a few months back. I never downloaded or installed the software was having system problems. i am back jup and running and want to installl it on my new machine. Where can i go to log in and download my software and get my product keys?

Search your email for "Microsoft HUP Order Confirmation". The email contains your license, and the link to download the software.

rated:
I see conflicting info on the web...can be installed on one machine or 2??? anyone?

rated:
troutmd said:   What am I doing wrong... I put in my email address, it says Congrats you qualify blah blah and sends me an email. The email has a link for 'Buy Now' but I end up in a loop. I never 'get a code'?
I go click the link and I am back to the same page, wanting my email address... UGH!

Trout...did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue on one of my computers (Windows 8), but not on the other (Windows 7). I'm so frustrated! I appreciate any help you can give.

rated:
I had to go through corporate perks website for it to work for me, I could not just enter the code and get it on the MS page.

rated:
NAU.EDU works. The master list should be updated.

My wife just got a copy. WOW $399.99 program for $10, that is wonderful. We both will need it at NAU. I guess in a ways though we are paying for it being we are paying $7000 for our classes spring 2014. That's without books.  

rated:
good find, I knew these existed but usually through your company's IT department or HR department, Microsoft is smart in doing this..

rated:
billtmore said:   I see conflicting info on the web...can be installed on one machine or 2??? anyone?
  On 2 machines.  I have no problem with both PCs.

rated:
for the Chevron folks use @chevrontexaco.com instead and it will work just fine

rated:
Worked for me.  Just downloaded and installed Mac version

rated:
Just go to
http://www.libreoffice.org/
get LibreOffice for free with no hassles or hoops to jump thru.

rated:
Got mine.

rated:
@wgu.edu is confirmed as working a few days ago. 

rated:

• @vanganagari

Yeah I got the mac one as well because I own a macbook pro. My wife got the PC one and hers is far better with more to offer. 

Us mac users get the cheaper $199 2010 and the pc users get the $399.99 really good one.

I hope they upgrade us soon i'm really jealous. Makes me wish for the first time in 5 years that I had a PC. 

Then agian my wife spent 12 hours getting rid of a virus a month ago and her screen isn't as clear.  It's really a love hate with microsoft.

rated:
@redmed

Yeah I had neo office when I was in community college it was hell with 2 out of 8 times the teacher couldn't open my paper. 

The stress it caused. I was so happy NAU was on their e mail list and it's making my first 7 weeks at NAU really easy. 

rated:
Hello,

I am tired of searching for Microsoft HUP Software. My company id is also not working. Can anybody help me out by raising a request on behalf of me and send the download link which comes through mail to following mail id

manojspam1@gmail.com

Kindly help me please

rated:
Not to threadcrap, but I'd rather stay away from Office 2013!
Having MSDN subscription, I installed it on my work laptop (4-core Haswell i7 with 8GB RAM) and was amazed how slow it was. Everything in the interface is awkward. Yes, you can customize most things, but it takes effort and time... I've downgraded to Office 2010 and feel much better.

rated:
How did you get it to work with corporateperks?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014