• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just got this offer in the mail from Los Angeles Times Newspaper. It is a good deal for people who want Sunday coupons.

$10 Sunday Home Delivery

or

$20 for Thurs-Sun Home Delivery

Call Los Angeles Times subscription service 800-326-5500 Mention code 8031

Member Summary

LA Times
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Probably a good deal if you only want the coupons. But be forewarned, the LA Times will incessantly hound you to subsc... (more)

bighitter (Apr. 23, 2013 @ 10:16p) |

It did NOT work for me. I called this morning and the lady transfer me to other lady. She just flat out told me that is ... (more)

salmonlov (May. 04, 2013 @ 10:36a) |

I'm a current subscriber; called for promotion; no-can-do; offered another discount; no-can-do; ex-subscriber.

rice2hard (May. 05, 2013 @ 12:18a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just renewed, great sunday coupons. more than the daily news.

It worked. Thanks! Repped!

Just tried - wouldn't allow me to renew. Said $26 per year was best Sunday only deal.

Thanks OP! My subscription ended last year and now this is the cheapest I've ever had. Combined with the OC Register deal I'm set with coupons!

So that's what the daily newspaper has now devolved to -- a coupon delivery service. It's sad, but inevitable I guess. Good deal though. Reminds me of the Times vs. Daily News subscription wars from years passed. Almost giving it away.

Many papers, LA Times included, have greatly limited their reader base. Some through their own decisions, some via technology.

1. Those that don't want to use online news (or also like the old school experience of having newsprint in their hands).
- This eliminates a huge portion of their potential readership -

2. Over the top bias/cheerleading in their coverage of anything even remotely political / governmental.
- The small percentage of potential readership remaining after accounting for the above factors is reduced even further by being seen by most everyone on one end of the political spectrum (and those in the middle) as a political mouthpiece. -

Because of this (and Craigslist), the newspaper business has collapsed. Doubtful that those in charge will do what is necessary to fix it. After all, they are the ones that have caused it.

It would be quite interesting to know what percentage of subscribers are paying solely for the coupon delivery.

blueskyfl said:   Just tried - wouldn't allow me to renew. Said $26 per year was best Sunday only deal.
In the past, I've paid a lot more than $10 per year but not in a long time. The CSRs are offshored (and perhaps outsourced) and will offer the "best" rate of $26 until you threaten to cancel and they'll eventually offer $10 for Sunday-only. Don't renew online, just call in and haggle.

anonguy said:   So that's what the daily newspaper has now devolved to -- a coupon delivery service. It's sad, but inevitable I guess. Good deal though. Reminds me of the Times vs. Daily News subscription wars from years passed. Almost giving it away.
Like NYT and some others, LATimes.com has a paywall.

Although the LAT is not the first-class paper it used to be, the Sunday-only delivery is still the cheapest way to get access to unlimited online articles.

worked for me under new subscription.

Thanks!!!!

blueskyfl said:   Just tried - wouldn't allow me to renew. Said $26 per year was best Sunday only deal.

You should try again, other CR should allow you to use the code.

I am interested in this.

What does that "Only with Membership" mean? Also, will the LA Times automatically charge you the regular subscription price at the end of the 1 year?

I signed up for a similar deals years ago and I still get mine delivered. I haven't noticed any new charges either...

Doe this give you online access?

duhmel said:   Doe this give you online access?

yes

does anyone know when this offer ends?

Logged into my account and they had my Sunday only renewal already setup as 9.98 for a year...

sukiyaki75 said:   It is a good deal for people who want Sunday coupons.

So the coupons only come on Sunday? How about the weekly store flyers?

LongDongSilver said:   sukiyaki75 said:   It is a good deal for people who want Sunday coupons.

So the coupons only come on Sunday? How about the weekly store flyers?

Most weekly store flyers come on Sunday.

Called LA times,got shot down. Told me that this promotion code is for "Groupon renew subscriber" only.

Called in and got Melissa (with an American accent). My expired subscription was a Groupon deal. Renewed in 5 minutes.

It worked for me as well. They did say that once the 1 year promo price ends that they will start charging regular price and you are responsible for cancelling.

I just called and it is now EXPIRED - they only offer this once per year and the lowest price now is $26 (50 cents per week) for the Sunday only delivery.

Hope this deal will come around again in the form of a Groupon type website where you don't have to directly provide a credit card to the LA Times for fear of auto-renewal.

veromay said:   I just called and it is now EXPIRED - they only offer this once per year and the lowest price now is $26 (50 cents per week) for the Sunday only delivery.
That's odd because I just called and got the 1 yr Sunday paper for $10. Rep even told me I could get the Thurs - Sunday for $20 like OP posted.

Not dead! Just called and got the $10 sunday only for a year.

Folks interested should try calling again

Just called and subscribed 10 minutes ago. CSR used my old account.
$10 for Sunday only.
CSR also confirmed $20 Thu-Sun deal.

I just did this as well. They did try and tell me that the PROMO was no longer valid, so I offered to cancel my accounts and VIOLA!

I just did this and it worked! The code still works- make sure you use the phone number provided in the original post.

Good deal. I used a Groupon for the same price a couple years back. They let me renew at the same price this year. Sunday only.

Probably a good deal if you only want the coupons. But be forewarned, the LA Times will incessantly hound you to subscribe for full service. And, should you forget to cancel your Sunday only subscription upon expiration, they will insist that you owe them for any deliveries that exceed the original term contract. Search Fatwallet for threads about their tactics.

It did NOT work for me. I called this morning and the lady transfer me to other lady. She just flat out told me that is only for Groupon deal. I checked Groupon has no that type deal on. I think she just don't want me to have

I'm a current subscriber; called for promotion; no-can-do; offered another discount; no-can-do; ex-subscriber.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014