• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
TiVo Premiere Model TCD746500
500gb Harddrive, 75hrs HD recording

Price reduced by $50 at Best Buy (link) and you can also get direct from TiVo (link) for the same price.

Other TiVo models are also $50 off. Deal ends February 5 per the TiVo website, but no end date on the Best Buy page.

For those of you that got in on the 3 months of free service a couple of weeks ago at Best Buy, go back and get a price match.

Member Summary

TCD746500
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"TiVo Premiere service is $14.99 per month
Minimum 1 year service plan required. Early termination fee and other restrictions apply."

Please update title and OP to reflect that a 1 year contract @ $15/month is required. As I understand it, TiVo has gotten extremely strict on not allowing transfer of lifetime service to new TiVo units, whereas they used to allow it.

Correct and I have has several TiVo units over the years and the last 3 or 4 have been very unreliable. I had 4 of 4 units fail. Sad to say but true. The extended warranty is a MUST HAVE!!!

can you buy as a gift @ BB and not give them personal info. or is it like a cell phone purchase??

As good as TiVo is, and it is very good, the edge it offers considering its price point has been fading, especially where one has cable/TV providers competition. Some cable companies are now offering customer TiVo units with a feature set different from retail models. Satellite companies have improved Dtheir own DVR offerings,e.g. Hopper and Genie, and TiVo appently is moving towards the eliminatinf or reducing handling of OTA. Hardware + subscription cost becoming high even with "deals" unless one can be assured of the previously commented future eBay value, which likely will reduce from current as technology changes more quickly and competition in DVR market increases. we need to see TiVo reduce its costs in a manner that it can sustain reasonable profit margins before another once great act is recorded in our memories.

zapy said:   Correct and I have has several TiVo units over the years and the last 3 or 4 have been very unreliable. I had 4 of 4 units fail. Sad to say but true. The extended warranty is a MUST HAVE!!!

curious, were they all TivoHDs? (our HD was a POS that rebooted constantly). We have a Series2 (10+/- yrs old) which is still working fine and has never even shut down; and another Series 2 we just started recently using. We've only had the Premier4 for a little over a month but so far no issues

vickh said:   can you buy as a gift @ BB and not give them personal info. or is it like a cell phone purchase??

no cash and carry.... but from my understanding, you can use it two weeks with no service then it becomes a brick till you subscribe

Offer I got includes $50 off, and $2 discount on monthly service, and/or $100 off Product Lifetime Service

TiVo.com/promo/biggame2013

Promo code BigGame

Makes multi-service discount 12.99, and Product Lifetime Service $399

Thinking about adding the 2 channel Premier (for $99). and adding PSL to my HD (at least)....

Gotta check and make sure OTA will work (otherwise I would go for 4 tuner, which I am sure doesn't support OTA, and may NOT support non-cablecard cable).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014