• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sigma 19mm f/2.8 EX DN Lens and 30mm f/2.8 EX DN Lens Kit for Sony Alpha E Mount @ B&H Photo & Video - $199.00
compare at $335.00
Free Shipping!

Currently on Back-order

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary
Staff Summary

Backordered already... I have the NEX5R. This may be worth getting if it gets back in stock.

Would be nice to see something like a 16mm and a 40 or 50mm. Not much difference between the 19mm & 30mm combo.

Doua said:   Would be nice to see something like a 16mm and a 40 or 50mm. Not much difference between the 19mm & 30mm combo.
IMHO, 30mm >> 40mm or 50mm on a crop. It will be hard for me to switch from my 30mm to anything else (even something high-quality like an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM for my Canon 600d) indoors.

I agree that something wider than the 19mm (like the 16mm you mentioned) would be welcome.

I ordered them yesterday when they were backordered and i got a shipping info this morning. Good reviews on these lenses.

I have the 30mm version for Panasonic micro four thirds:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/913512-REG/sigma_19mm_f_2_...

1) Very good build quality
2) Sharp image
3) Very good bokeh (background blur)
4) Fully compatible with camera functions/as if native lens

I use it primarily for video with excellent results.
It came with a front and back lens caps and soft case with zipper.
I thought the $149 sale I got just the one was a good deal; both now for $199?

Definitely a great deal/would recommend.

Hoogineer said:   Doua said:   Would be nice to see something like a 16mm and a 40 or 50mm. Not much difference between the 19mm & 30mm combo.
IMHO, 30mm >> 40mm or 50mm on a crop. It will be hard for me to switch from my 30mm to anything else (even something high-quality like an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM for my Canon 600d) indoors.

I agree that something wider than the 19mm (like the 16mm you mentioned) would be welcome.

I currently use Sony 50mm prime with my A300 and the quality of the pics is just amazing (to be honest as good as any of the pics i have seen so far and that includes prof quality) - 30mm would be an awesome add to my collection. Two lenses for the price of $199 is too good to pass. I am going to get rid of my 28mm quantary. I hope my order ships quickly. Cant wait to test these out !

thanks fatwallet.com/OP !

gocint said:   Hoogineer said:   Doua said:   Would be nice to see something like a 16mm and a 40 or 50mm. Not much difference between the 19mm & 30mm combo.

I currently use Sony 50mm prime with my A300 and the quality of the pics is just amazing (to be honest as good as any of the pics i have seen so far and that includes prof quality) - 30mm would be an awesome add to my collection. Two lenses for the price of $199 is too good to pass. I am going to get rid of my 28mm quantary. I hope my order ships quickly. Cant wait to test these out !

thanks fatwallet.com/OP !

I would like to remind you that these are E Mount lenses, not A Mount lenses. They're for NEX cameras only.

$139 from Amazon (47th Street Photo) shipped:

http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-19mm-F2-8-DN-Sony-440965/dp/B007I9CB...

Look on the right for direct ship from Amazon for $161.

Cold deal, IMO unless I'm missing something.

yea, you missed it big time, $199 for two lens! 19mm and 30mm!

coolbreeze said:   $139 from Amazon (47th Street Photo) shipped:

This deal is for the 19mm and 30mm lenses. You get both for $199. Your link is $140 for just the 19mm.

chibimike said:   coolbreeze said:   $139 from Amazon (47th Street Photo) shipped:

This deal is for the 19mm and 30mm lenses. You get both for $199. Your link is $140 for just the 19mm.

Ah, reading comprehension. Thanks.

jonyabes said:   I ordered them yesterday when they were backordered and i got a shipping info this morning. Good reviews on these lenses.

Good to know that shipped yours already. I placed the order today and it was on back order. After reading your post I am hoping mine will be shipped sometime next week. I am currently using my manual focus Canon FD lenses on my new E-PL1. While the photos are excellent I am having problem focusing using Live view in dimly lit scenes and I don't want buy the EVF. These would definitely come in handy in such situations. I saw the sample photos taken by this lens,read many reviews and was simply blown over by the quality and price point advantage of these two lenses.

The kit is now available at Adorama too.

http://www.adorama.com/SG3028D43K.html

Awesome deal, this is where these lenses need to be to be attractive to the M4/3 user base. The panasonic lenses are awesome but the prices...ouch!

Why don't they (Sigma) make these prime lenses are fast as other counterparts... eg Canon 50mm F1.8's?

Doua said:   Why don't they (Sigma) make these prime lenses are fast as other counterparts... eg Canon 50mm F1.8's?

Because Olympus and Panny already have 12, 14, 17, 20, 25, 45, 60, and 90mm fast primes.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014