Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

page1 partial (1.09MB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

very cheap for a 3rd gen i5

The Lenovo G580, Intel Core i5-3210M, 15.6" Screen Display, Notebook with 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive, Windows 8 for $428 plus tax looks like a pretty good deal, any opinions? thanks

I like the HPdv4-5220US for $548 better(6GB Memory, 750GB Hard Drive, with i5-3210M) .....great looks, excellent battery life and nice reviews too.

PNY 32GB seems to be a good deal and ships Free..
http://www.frys.com/product/5838023

I have experienced early motherboard failures (probably overheating) in a couple of older HP Pavillion DV6 models. Are these any better ? I might be better off with the lower spec lower priced Lenvo G580 metioned above (btw, which I believe was about $30 less at Frys during the holidays)

fluffy007 said:   I like the HPdv4-5220US for $548 better(6GB Memory, 750GB Hard Drive, with i5-3210M) .....great looks, excellent battery life and nice reviews too.

bamx2 said:   I have experienced early motherboard failures (probably overheating) in a couple of older HP Pavillion DV6 models. Are these any better ? I might be better off with the lower spec lower priced Lenvo G580 metioned above (btw, which I believe was about $30 less at Frys during the holidays)

fluffy007 said:   I like the HPdv4-5220US for $548 better(6GB Memory, 750GB Hard Drive, with i5-3210M) .....great looks, excellent battery life and nice reviews too.

THIS MODEL HAS A COOL SENSE technolgy...at least the reviews says it never gets hot..and so ended up with one!

The Lenovo 4gb/500gb Desktop for $258 has the AMD E-450 Processor which only rates an 826 passmark. By comparison, an Intel i3's passmark is 4276. I have seen a number of i3 desktop deals under $300 in the last 6 months.

blueribb said:   The Lenovo 4gb/500gb Desktop for $258 has the AMD E-450 Processor which only rates an 826 passmark. By comparison, an Intel i3's passmark is 4276. I have seen a number of i3 desktop deals under $300 in the last 6 months.

Ouch, I knew the AMD's "E" series sucked but that's horrid.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014