• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Absolutely a steal ... This camcorder got a 8.8/10 at camcorderinfo.com

http://www.cowboom.com/product/825330

Keep in kind these are not NEW.

I bought one two days ago when the price was $149 (they refunded me $20 earlier today) ...what I like about it (more detailed spec below) ... 60p capable, low-light performance, wide-angle lens; really good stabilization; touchscreen control; full manual control; external mic; shoe for accessories; accepts thicker batteries. It's often compared favorably to the Canon M40. The M40 has slightly better low light capability but does not have wide angle lens or the other pros I listed above.

Mine did not include battery or charger. So I got a charger plus extended battery from Amazon for $18 total. So my total cost is around $150.
Panasonic HDC-TM90 16GB Flash Memory Camcorder - Black

This camcorder features 21x optical/1500x digital/40x Intelligent Zoom to bring you up close to the action and optical image stabilization to prevent distortion caused by vibration for smooth recording. The 3" touch-panel LCD allows easy operation.

Features
21x optical/1500x digital/40x Intelligent Zoom
Brings you up close to distant objects and scenes.
3" touch-panel LCD
For simple operation.
CMOS image sensor
Offers stunning detail and clarity with both video and still images.
Face recognition
Ensures clear and focused subjects.
Optical image stabilization
Prevents shake and vibration distortion to provide smooth, steady video.
Intelligent auto
Analyzes the shot and automatically selects the appropriate scene mode.
Night recording
For full-color shooting in low-light conditions.
Digital still photo mode
Captures images at 5.0MP for clear photos.
Wind noise cut
Minimizes noise and wind interference while recording.
Secure Digital slot
Insert a picture card (not included) to save digital stills.
USB 2.0 interface
For easy image transfer.
PictBridge/DirectPrint compatible
For direct printing without a PC.

Specifications
Format: Flash memory
LCD Screen Size: 3"
Image Stabilization: Yes
Optical Zoom: 40x
Digital Zoom: 1500x
Night Recording: Yes
Video Light: Flash
Lines of Resolution: Up to 1920 x 1080
Number of CCDs: 1
Video Resolution: CMOS image sensor
Digital Still Resolution: 5.0MP
Audio Recording: Yes
Flash Memory: 16GB
Compatible Memory Formats: Secure Digital (SD)
Connectivity: USB 2.0
Color Category: Black
Shoot and Share: No
High Definition: Yes
Waterproof: No
Touchscreen: Yes

MFG: PANASONIC
MFG Part: HDC-TM90 BLACK

CowBoom
See CowBoom discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic HDC-TM90 3D capable 1080p 60p camcorder
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thank you! Much appreciated.

fsiphoto (Feb. 13, 2013 @ 1:27p) |

+1.

Tons of thanks, Coop1979.

Big2mouth (Feb. 14, 2013 @ 10:08a) |

Just got mine. Grade 6. Looks new. Waiting for delivery of the battery & charger. Got the 32GB card from B&H.

fatboy58 (Feb. 14, 2013 @ 2:39p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

can you link to charger & extended battery?

How is it 3D capable with a single lens?

dongrussell said:   How is it 3D capable with a single lens?

Found it on Panasonic's site:
panalink
"The optional set of VW-CLT1 3D Conversion Lens and Step-up Ring is required for shooting 3D images"

That lens adapter is nearly $200 on B&H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/750186-REG/Panasonic_VW_CL...

So, don't buy this for 3D video.

Refurb 3D lens available for around $100

I wouldn't touch any of the grade 4/10 items from CowBoom (which is all they have left of this item currently). In general I've had good experiences with CowBoom 5/10 & 6/10 items as long as I chose carefully based on pictures and description/list of items included. I got shipped the wrong item once and the return was completely hassle-free.

Wow, I bought one last year on Black Friday in an amazing deal on Amazon... for $299.

Fantastic price. Great camera.

Coop1979 said:   Wow, I bought one last year on Black Friday in an amazing deal on Amazon... for $299.

Fantastic price. Great camera.

Go Gamecocks!

A USC grad myself.

Received my Cam this evening. It was rated 5 / 10 on CowBoom. Looks to be in great shape ... except for a very tiny ding on the top metal portion of the camera. No scratches anywhere. The LCD looks pristine. My camera came with a wrist-strap. But no battery / charger. Luckily, I already had received the after-market 3600mAH battery and wall charger from Amazon (thanks to 2-day shipping via Prime). Played around with it for a few minutes inside the house. The thing that stands out (as of now) is the wide-angle view from the lens. No need for after-market wide angle lenses. Thats a significant convenience for folks who use their cam to shoot family events within the small confines of their home. Lots of other features that I have not yet tried. If you have received yours ... please post your thoughts !

^ Which battery and charger did you get?

I played with it some more last night. Really like the 60p recording. Also confirmed that my PS3 is able to play it fine without any pre conversion steps. Also confirmed that youtube is able process and play the 60p recordings!!! Very nice.

Ordered one grade 6. Just received the camera w/ hand strap, no other accessories. Looks brand new, functions great. Good deal.

Does this have a through camera view finder or is it just the LCD viewer? LCD viewers are not very good in outside/sunny conditions.

LCD only

Allofus123 said:   Does this have a through camera view finder or is it just the LCD viewer? LCD viewers are not very good in outside/sunny conditions.

Google search just by model number would have been quicker than typing the question.

Its BACK on STOCK for those who missed out!

Out of stock again - when my camcorder broke.

Pleased with the camera so far. Ordered a grade 5. It has some scratches and a couple of dings but the lens is clean. It said no hand strap but there was one attached. It did not come with any software and there is no way to get the Panasonic hd writer AE software that I can find. Can anyone recommend software to download and edit videos from this camera? Playing directly off the camera to my computer is a bit choppy and it stutters a bit. Looks beautiful on the camera LCD though.

fsiphoto said:   It did not come with any software and there is no way to get the Panasonic hd writer AE software that I can find. Can anyone recommend software to download and edit videos from this camera? Playing directly off the camera to my computer is a bit choppy and it stutters a bit. Looks beautiful on the camera LCD though.

Facing the same problem. Would very much appreciate any suggestion on how to deal with this issue.

Big2mouth said:   fsiphoto said:   It did not come with any software and there is no way to get the Panasonic hd writer AE software that I can find. Can anyone recommend software to download and edit videos from this camera? Playing directly off the camera to my computer is a bit choppy and it stutters a bit. Looks beautiful on the camera LCD though.

Facing the same problem. Would very much appreciate any suggestion on how to deal with this issue.

I've posted the Panasonic software on dropbox for you guys who don't have it. It's uploading now and should be up in about 10 minutes.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18826893/Panasonic.iso

Hopefully that helps.

Got it. Thanks. The user manual is also available. Search for HDCSD90-MUL.PDF. It's at service.us.Panasonic.com

The manual should be a part of that ISO, too. In a folder somewhere.

Coop1979 said:   Big2mouth said:   fsiphoto said:   It did not come with any software and there is no way to get the Panasonic hd writer AE software that I can find. Can anyone recommend software to download and edit videos from this camera? Playing directly off the camera to my computer is a bit choppy and it stutters a bit. Looks beautiful on the camera LCD though.

I've posted the Panasonic software on dropbox for you guys who don't have it. It's uploading now and should be up in about 10 minutes.

Hopefully that helps.

fsiphoto said:   Coop1979 said:   Big2mouth said:   fsiphoto said:   It did not come with any software and there is no way to get the Panasonic hd writer AE software that I can find. Can anyone recommend software to download and edit videos from this camera? Playing directly off the camera to my computer is a bit choppy and it stutters a bit. Looks beautiful on the camera LCD though.

Hopefully that helps.

+1.

Tons of thanks, Coop1979.

Just got mine. Grade 6. Looks new. Waiting for delivery of the battery & charger. Got the 32GB card from B&H.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014