• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is my favorite Flashlight. I have quite a few, ranging from $6 up to $99 and this is the one I use the most.

Link to product
SKU: 0003575-001

The output is even better than those with 2x18650 batteries, it's also better than the Husky 2-D.

Meritline.com
See Meritline.com coupons that earn 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

CREE XM-L T6 LED Flashlight
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
most guys will NOT have a charger nor will they know how to care for the batteries.

If you leave them discharged for a co... (more)

okashiraaa (May. 28, 2013 @ 11:58a) |

Found this cheap charger and battery, Not high end charger but will do the job!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Rechargeable-U... (more)

fsu67 (Jun. 28, 2013 @ 10:19p) |

I have this light for some time now. Great light; the best and brightest I have ever had. It was $10 from Meritline an... (more)

jeffc (Jun. 29, 2013 @ 8:18a) |

THIS DOES NOT COME WITH BATTERIES, YOU MUST ORDER AN 18650 BATTERY.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just thought I would note that the output of an XM-L T6 LED is entirely driver dependent, 3 amps is about the maximum the LED can take, and XM-L T6 LEDs are around 300 lumens per watt and driven at about 40 percent efficiency. If this is actually a 2.8 or 3 amp driver it might actually approach its rated lumens, but I seriously doubt it. Without a rating for the driver the amount of light and run time of the light is totally unknown.

OK, so do you have to use 18650's with it or can you use AAs or more common rechargables for occasional use?

I have some 18650's for my airplanes but they obviously limit the utility of the light.

Claymore said:   OK, so do you have to use 18650's with it or can you use AAs or more common rechargables for occasional use?

I have some 18650's for my airplanes but they obviously limit the utility of the light.

--
I don't think you can use AA's or AAA's. I use it with one 18650 and it lasts very long, the output is excellent IMO.

18650 can be replace by 2 x a123
i prefer 18650 cause it's recharge.

no u can't replace with other batt. size is too dif.

I'd be curious how it compares with this (famous) $5.43 AA flashlight, which I love:
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006E0QAFY/

Anyone own both? Thoughts?

My mini collection
Disclaimer
Dotbody said:   I'd be curious how it compares with this (famous) $5.43 AA flashlight, which I love:

--
Like I've said above, I have "almost" everything.This one is the best of all. Here are just a few, may be half of what I owned, believe me, you can't go wrong with this one.

What is normal price on this guy and how much brighter is it than the $5.40 Cree I got off Amazon? The ones in your picture with the orange buttons? Can you compare the two? Thanks!

WorkerAnt said:   18650 can be replace by 2 x a123

If you mean CR123, there are rechargeables...

Quality is mixed, though.

something have always wanted to ask on those 18650 batteries. is there a good and bad, I grabbed an untrafire with a cheap recharger. I have only used it once but was wondering if there is bad or good with these

DirtCheap said:   Dotbody said:   I'd be curious how it compares with this (famous) $5.43 AA flashlight, which I love:

--
Like I've said above, I have "almost" everything.This one is the best of all. Here are just a few, may be half of what I owned, believe me, you can't go wrong with this one.

And I thought I had a flashlight fetish......I showed the Mrs. the picture and she laughed.

Best place to get the batteries?

mazeroth said:   What is normal price on this guy and how much brighter is it than the $5.40 Cree I got off Amazon? The ones in your picture with the orange buttons? Can you compare the two? Thanks!

Got both and this one is about 6x brighter and with wider coverage!

ironman69 said:   Best place to get the batteries?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-18650-3000mAh-Rechargeable-Flashligh-Torch-Battery-/280818850187?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item41621b998b

jeffc said:   ironman69 said:   Best place to get the batteries?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-18650-3000mAh-Rechargeable-Flashlig...

Do you need special charger for these?

I don't think the NiCad or other will work. But the chargers on fleabay are only a couple bucks also.

Thanks OP!

Dang-it FW! I'm buying stuff I really don't need! In for 2

Dotbody said:   I'd be curious how it compares with this (famous) $5.43 AA flashlight, which I love:

I have the Citipower X5 T6 which uses single 18650 and the Amazon one. T6 One is brighter. Definitely so.

got the flashlight, charger, and two batteries for about $19

if this doesn't turn out well, I'm blaming you OP...

there were 5000mah batteries, wouldn't they give longer life?

lordoffire said:   got the flashlight, charger, and two batteries for about $19

if this doesn't turn out well, I'm blaming you OP...

--

I got the batteries on Ebay for about $1.60/each (buying 2x18650). I already had a charger, these work well for me.

OP - how do you achieve 2x18650 batteries configuration? Does it exceed 1,000 Lumen with 2x18650?

3rab said:   OP - how do you achieve 2x18650 batteries configuration? Does it exceed 1,000 Lumen with 2x18650?

----
I think you miss-understood somehow, this FL can only be used with one 18650. I have another FL which requires two 18650's and the output is even not as bright as this one.

I went back and read it again, got it now. Ordered one. Thanks!

In for one and don't forget CB at 3.5%.

sixt7gt350 said:   WorkerAnt said:   18650 can be replace by 2 x a123

If you mean CR123, there are rechargeables...

Quality is mixed, though.

problem with RCR123a (rechargeable 123) are they are only about 750 mah (about same as AAA).

Nitecore I4 charger ($20)

I am in. Someone point me to the best charger? On the road right now and searching is tough...thanks.

lordoffire said:   

They would if they really were 5000mah. 18650 and other li-ions are often severely exaggerated in capacity from companies like Ultrafire, Trustfire, etc. The '5000mah' would be lucky to be over 2000mah in reality. The highest true capacity of an 18650 currently available in standard 4.2V is around 3000mah or so. The cheap brands like Ultrafire are generally fine for something like this. If you want a high quality battery that really meets its advertised capacity, buy something like a Panasonic, Sanyo, or Samsung.

scoobiedoobie said:   lordoffire said:   

They would if they really were 5000mah. 18650 and other li-ions are often severely exaggerated in capacity from companies like Ultrafire, Trustfire, etc. The '5000mah' would be lucky to be over 2000mah in reality. The highest true capacity of an 18650 currently available in standard 4.2V is around 3000mah or so. The cheap brands like Ultrafire are generally fine for something like this. If you want a high quality battery that really meets its advertised capacity, buy something like a Panasonic, Sanyo, or Samsung.

wow...I should have done research

there are no 5000mah batteries, they're all fakes....the highest possible are 3400

some were ripping off real capacities by 75-90%

from what I read, these are pretty good: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-PANASONIC-NCR18650A-3-6V-3100mAh...

If some people can chime in....what are the issues with protected vs. unprotected? and not draining the batteries past a certain point?

for anyone else looking for accessories, these seem to be good deals on batteries and chargers:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10001978/1141103-authentic-pa...

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001901/1143802-sanyo-ur1865...

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000436/1046800-portable-dig...

Can anyone offer an opinion of this versus the Defiant 500 (or 550) Lumens Home Depot Cree XM-L T6?

...especially for those of us wanting to stick with alkalines or plain rechargeable batteries?

Thanks.

p.s. I like white light and "floodier" rather then narrow throw lights. Thanks again.

ironman69 said:   I am in. Someone point me to the best charger? On the road right now and searching is tough...thanks.

You can get chargers for 18650's for $5 or $6 but these don't dissipate heat well so I run a desktop fan pointed at the charger.

The Nitecore I4 charger ($20) will charge 18650, 16340(RCR123), 14500, 10440, 17500, 18490, 17670, 22650, 26650, AA, AAA, and C (2 at a time in I4). I charged two 18650's and 2 RCR123's in the Nitecore I4 and I monitored it with none of the batts getting hot or warm. There is also a Nitcore I2 to charge 2 batteries.

JesseLivermore said:   Can anyone offer an opinion of this versus the Defiant 500 (or 550) Lumens Home Depot Cree XM-L T6?

...especially for those of us wanting to stick with alkalines or plain rechargeable batteries?

Thanks.

p.s. I like white light and "floodier" rather then narrow throw lights. Thanks again.

--

The Defiant 550 from HD is brighter, however, it's bigger and longer, hard to carry it around. This FL (the one I have has the name RONG LI) is small, convenience to carry around or in car compartment.

Sigh... skinny wallet

1. flashlight from OP -- thanks!
2. Nitecore i4 charger @ Amazon - $24.95 shipped (needed a new charger anyway)
3. Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh protected battery 2-pack @ FastTech - $19.01 shipped

BTW, this battery review may be helpful to some here

flashlights
Disclaimer
DirtCheap said:   Dotbody said:   I'd be curious how it compares with this (famous) $5.43 AA flashlight, which I love:

--

That Amazon flashlight is good cause it uses the very common AA. And it put out a very good amount of light too. Fully charged AA it can run for about 1.5 or 2hrs maybe a bit more. It only have on/off mode.

The OP flashlight put out more light on high mode. It has other modes for longer run time (more choices). But even on high it last longer than the AA.

I got this instead http://www.meritline.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=86910&SEName... for the smaller size. Easier to pocket, light more spread out but can be focus if wanted. Down side of this focus system is some of the light is lost. So it uses the same battery and same LED as OP's light, but it's not as bright because of the no deflector. No deflector means no hot spot(the super bright circle in the middle) even fully focused, but than I don't really like the hot spot cause it's blinding. Without hotspot this isn't so good for distance, focused light is good for maybe 1 or 1.5 football field distance and is good enough for me. Your Amazon AA flashlight uses the same focusing system as this, just not as bright or last as long and a bit smaller in size.

attached pic..... grey is the 18650 battery, green is the AA, green flashlight is your Amazon AA flashlight, and black is the one I said i got instead of the OPs.

Name of store should be in subject line.

Title is wrong it states 100 Lumen, it should read 1000, but in reality is most likely ~700-800 but that is really bright. T6 is the latest best LED right now. It will not be brighter with 2X batteries and that is a moot quistion anyway since you can only fit 1 18650 in it. Same issue with the sugestions about AAs and AAAs you would need to figure out how to put cram three in there to just light it up. The option you have is to put two 3V CR123 batteries or two equivlent 3.7 Li Ion batteries in it. Most lights that take a single 18650 will physically fit the two CR123s you just have to make sure that it is rated to take that much voltage, this particular one is rated up to 9V so it is good with two CR123s. But note it will not be any brighter.

This seems like an interesting buy. The only issue is that I do not have 18650 battery/charger.

What would be the least expensive and reliable battery/charger for this?

Also, is there any review done anywhere for this light in places like BLF or CPF?

I have a couple of these. This is a cool flash light, very bright, nice spot and good throw. About the brightest light for $10 you are going to find.

The eBay batts above are a good deal if you want to buy some. I usually get them from old laptop batteries that won't charge anymore.

I have a couple of chargers like this that work pretty good for $8.40.
http://dx.com/p/trustfire-tr-001-multi-purpose-lithium-battery-c...

dnrlittle said:   I have a couple of these. This is a cool flash light, very bright, nice spot and good throw. About the brightest light for $10 you are going to find.

The eBay batts above are a good deal if you want to buy some. I usually get them from old laptop batteries that won't charge anymore.

I have a couple of chargers like this that work pretty good for $8.40.
http://dx.com/p/trustfire-tr-001-multi-purpose-lithium-battery-c...

Just wondering, if you get your 18650's from old laptop batteries that wont charge, how do you get them to work?

Skipping 65 Messages...
I have this light for some time now. Great light; the best and brightest I have ever had. It was $10 from Meritline and another $3 for a 18650 charger and $3 for two Ultrafire batteries. $16 bucks--deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.