• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon wireless
Amazon wireless has the Samsung Note II for Sprint for $99.99 for new customers only. Unfortunately, the cost for upgrades is $249.99,

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
It's already gone up to $139

chansleyj (Feb. 03, 2013 @ 6:16a) |

I got this phone from Amazon Wireless yesterday as an upgrade to an existing Sprint customer for $199 (plus the $36 acti... (more)

wx1trw (Feb. 03, 2013 @ 4:34p) |

Upgrade for $249. Damn!
Anyways S4 is around the corner(grapes are sour)

rockymast (Feb. 04, 2013 @ 12:20p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Please put WITH contract in the title. That kills the deal for me.

With the impending completion of the Sprint acquisition by Softbank, IMO this isn't a good time to tie yourself down to a brand new contract with Sprint. Softbank running things is likely to be a gamechanger, and for the better from the consumer's standpoint.

excoriatorb said:   With the impending completion of the Sprint acquisition by Softbank, IMO this isn't a good time to tie yourself down to a brand new contract with Sprint. Softbank running things is likely to be a gamechanger, and for the better from the consumer's standpoint.

SoftBank deal will make Sprint network even better than now. Sprint can only get better with more money flowing from SoftBank investment. People with Sprint contract will be either grandfathered in if current low priced plan changes or have option to get out of the contract without penalty if Sprint's plan changes after the merger. So I see no reason not to sign a contract with Sprint. I see more advantage than disadvantage of signing contract with Sprint now.

This deal is excellent. If I didn't get Samsung GS3 during Black Friday, I would definitely do this deal.

Too bad the upgrade price for loyal customers is still $249.99 I wish them made that competitive.

ScottyBanks said:   Too bad the upgrade price for loyal customers is still $249.99 I wish them made that competitive.

Use your creativity and you can find a way to open a new line and port your existing #.

I can't. I am a former employee, with a $35 unlimited plan with them that I would have to forfeit if I did that. The Note 2 has been out for awhile, it's crazy it is still the same price.

ScottyBanks said:   I can't. I am a former employee, with a $35 unlimited plan with them that I would have to forfeit if I did that. The Note 2 has been out for awhile, it's crazy it is still the same price.It's an incredible mobile device that has no competitors. Amazing screen, great battery life, and the S-Pen is not only good for notes/diagrams/equations, but it's awesome for remote desktop access. It's selling really well so Samsung has no need to lower prices.

I got in on a T-Mobile BF deal and then paid the $200 ETF a month later. Got it for about $500 total, and I'm on prepaid now. Unfortunately, you can't do that with this deal because on top of Sprint's $350 ETF, Amazon has an additional $400 ETF if you cancel in the first six months. You really have to like Sprint's service/pricing to stick with this deal.

agree. this is a very amazing phone.I spent 299 with 2y contract on at&t and did not regret.
mintmaster said:   ScottyBanks said:   I can't. I am a former employee, with a $35 unlimited plan with them that I would have to forfeit if I did that. The Note 2 has been out for awhile, it's crazy it is still the same price.It's an incredible mobile device that has no competitors. Amazing screen, great battery life, and the S-Pen is not only good for notes/diagrams/equations, but it's awesome for remote desktop access. It's selling really well so Samsung has no need to lower prices.

I got in on a T-Mobile BF deal and then paid the $200 ETF a month later. Got it for about $500 total, and I'm on prepaid now. Unfortunately, you can't do that with this deal because on top of Sprint's $350 ETF, Amazon has an additional $400 ETF if you cancel in the first six months. You really have to like Sprint's service/pricing to stick with this deal.

ScottyBanks said:   I can't. I am a former employee, with a $35 unlimited plan with them that I would have to forfeit if I did that. The Note 2 has been out for awhile, it's crazy it is still the same price.

So you are getting employee discount and saving about $35 per month. But now you want to get Note 2 for $99.99 with $35 plan? There are words to describe a person like you....but it's definitely not "loyal customer". How much profit do you think if Sprint gives $700 phone to you for $100 and only charge you monthly plan of $35. Sounds like you are asking Sprint to go out of business.

docjoo said:   ScottyBanks said:   I can't. I am a former employee, with a $35 unlimited plan with them that I would have to forfeit if I did that. The Note 2 has been out for awhile, it's crazy it is still the same price.

So you are getting employee discount and saving about $35 per month. But now you want to get Note 2 for $99.99 with $35 plan? There are words to describe a person like you....but it's definitely not "loyal customer". How much profit do you think if Sprint gives $700 phone to you for $100 and only charge you monthly plan of $35. Sounds like you are asking Sprint to go out of business.

This isn't "EmptyWallet" this is "FatWallet" and I wouldn't waste any time feeling sorry for Sprint or apologizing for getting the best deal you can find.

Seriously DocJoo if i knew any better i would think your name was spelt wrong, but I am not asking for a $99 phone, but the discrepancy of $200 from Sprint and $150 from Amazon when it comes to new line or someone that has been with the company regardless of employment is ridiculous...think about it if roles were reversed. We are not in a thriving economy and I was laid off so don't think i was some super executive making 6 figures a year!!!

yaijic said:   Please put WITH contract in the title. That kills the deal for me.
your reply kills the deal for me

ScottyBanks said:   Seriously DocJoo if i knew any better i would think your name was spelt wrong, but I am not asking for a $99 phone, but the discrepancy of $200 from Sprint and $150 from Amazon when it comes to new line or someone that has been with the company regardless of employment is ridiculous...think about it if roles were reversed. We are not in a thriving economy and I was laid off so don't think i was some super executive making 6 figures a year!!!

You know very well Amazon price is for customers who pays at least $70 per month. If you have an employee discount, you can buy your phone only at corporate Sprint store or tele sales. If I was only paying only $35 per month for a smart phone plan, I'd be glad to pay $249 for $700 phone.

Btw, If you got fired, shouldn't you be trying to stop spending money instead of dreaming about getting Note 2 for $100? It sounds like you shouldn't obligate yourself to another two years contract if your job situation is unstable.

My screen name has nothing to do a religious group. But if you are referring that certain religious group is cheap, think again who is being cheap here. It sounds like you are being cheaper than the religious group you are stereotyping. I wonder if the manager who fired you is in that religious group. Is that why you have resentment against that religious group? But that's another topic. We are not here to do a psychoanalysis of your ignorance.

Toddler said:   docjoo said:   ScottyBanks said:   I can't. I am a former employee, with a $35 unlimited plan with them that I would have to forfeit if I did that. The Note 2 has been out for awhile, it's crazy it is still the same price.

This isn't "EmptyWallet" this is "FatWallet" and I wouldn't waste any time feeling sorry for Sprint or apologizing for getting the best deal you can find.

FW was established to let members share great deals. OP has posted a great deal for for new Sprint line. It's a great deal for most of us who cant get employee discount. But we don't need ex-Sprint employee complaining about how he can't get this deal because he is a "loyal customer". There is no loyalty if he can't appreciate that Sprint is already giving he $420 discount every year on his current employee plan. His deal is much better than paying $100 for Note 2 with regular $70 monthly plan that requires 2 years contract. He is no position to complain that he can't renew as a loyal Sprint customer. Sprint needs to take away his employee discount so that he can appreciate this deal. No wonder Sprint is not profitable....they shouldn't continue giving discount to ex-employes who don't appreciate the discount.

It may be slightly off topic. However, I wanted to be a conscious consumer and decided not to buy products made by unethical companies. I rather want to buy something else. If you are interested in, Washington Post had a piece, In South Korea, the Republic of Samsung: http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-12-09/world/35721716_1_s...

cosifan said:   It may be slightly off topic. However, I wanted to be a conscious consumer and decided not to buy products made by unethical companies. I rather want to buy something else. If you are interested in, Washington Post had a piece, In South Korea, the Republic of Samsung: http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-12-09/world/35721716_1_s...

So the opinion of this author makes you believe anything he says on this article? What makes the opinion of this writer worth believing? I have a bridge to sell. If I write an article, will you believe me and buy it from me?

This is pretty hot if the Sprint service in your area is worth a damn. Here in Richmond, VA, Sprint sucks.

And Samsung is different than most of the top companies in the United States how? Learn to form an opinion based on facts, not just one person's single sided article.

Presidential Pardons: Bush/Cheney (Need I say more? Try Googling it and see how you feel about corporate influence over the Government)
Conglomerates: GE, Microsoft, Google, Lockheed Martin, etc. ALL use the same "corrupt" ownership structure that Samsung uses. Major difference is Samsung doesn't take a $30MM tax CREDIT for shipping profits overseas to their affiliates like GE and other US companies are allowed to do.
Big Box stores knocking out small businesses: WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes, BJs, Sams Club, etc.

And YES, not only is it SLIGHTLY off topic, but rather WAAAAAAAAY off topic. If you want to bash a product based on the corporate owner, why not add in an article about Apple and their parent company Microsoft? Oh wait, that type of ownership doesn't happen here in the US...

I wasn't going to reply to this thread until I read cosifan's pompous post, but while I'm at it, DocJoo and ScottyBanks, both of you have good points and neither are wrong.

ScottyBanks: You are right that new customers are treated much better than existing customers (regardless of employee status). In fact, I know a Sprint employee and sometimes there are disadvantages to being a Sprint employee, especially if you like getting the latest technology right away. I know because he had to wait a few months after the iPhone launch to purchase his.

DocJoo: You are correct that ScottyBanks does get a really good deal with his employee plan, but that should not be held against him. It is no different than other FW users being employees of other companies that give discounts while still allowing products/services to be purchased on sale like normal customers. I felt he was merely trying to point out the disparity of discounts to new vs. existing customers.

In reality, the extra $150-200 discount is a "finders fee" to get a customer from another competitor. No different than FIOS, Optimum, Time Warner, Comcast, etc. They all give $100-200 in freebies and/or cash for new customers. One of the major reasons is building critical mass. The more customers they have (regardless of price point) the less the infrastructure costs per ACCOUNT. So even if they give these phones for free, they would still make profits as the extra $99.99 credit would be absorbed in 1.5 months (of a 2 year contract) or even in ScottyBanks' case, 3 months). After that, any money collected for monthly fees goes towards lowering the marginal cost of infrastructure.

cosifan said:   It may be slightly off topic. However, I wanted to be a conscious consumer and decided not to buy products made by unethical companies. I rather want to buy something else. If you are interested in, Washington Post had a piece, In South Korea, the Republic of Samsung: http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-12-09/world/35721716_1_s...

I am responding to DTKim's opinion. I have lived through (should I say under ?) Samsung's shadow in South Korea for some time and unfortunately not influenced by a single article. What make you think that? Are you a Samsung employee? Samsung owns from hospitals, bakeries, insurance companies, construction, etc etc to electronics in South Korea. You name it. They eavesdrops employees conversions and follows them (even using GPS of the cellphones) to prevent them from forming unions there. There are many more horrible things they have done. You mentioned 'Samsung doesn't take a $30MM tax CREDIT for shipping profits overseas to their affiliates like GE and other US companies are allowed to do.' Are you sure about that? Last time I checked they have been using oversee's accounts to bribe politicians and also cheat taxes. Can you name an US company come anywhere closer? I can't.

Cosifan, sorry to burst your bubble, but aside from personal areas (restrooms, maternity rooms, etc.) the employer has a legal right to "eavesdrop" on every phone call, hallway conversation, e-mail (including personal if you check from a work computer), etc. Not ALL US companies do this, but many of the top companies do. As for coming anywhere close? How's murder and other forms of violence both in US and oversea operations (I'm not including suppliers; I'm talking owned or managed by a US corp.)
http://killercoke.org/

I'm not saying Samsung is an angel, but neither is Microsoft (and you're probably using a PC), nor Apple (Samsung manufactures Apple CPUs), nor a myriad of other companies like WalMart (fiercely anti-union and their new manager program is a WEEK of anti-union training). Don't just post that you won't buy from unethical companies and single out Samsung.

And US companies do influence government in America (and abroad)... Look at how much money is spent on lobbying, a nice chunk going towards this cause: (Note: I am neither for or against this particular topic, just using as an example)
http://truth-out.org/news/item/13924-freedomworks-putting-its-wa...

Lastly, no point in posting this same link in other Samsung product deals like you have. There is an off-topic section you can post this in. As for this deal, I stand by the fact that this is a great deal for the Note 2. I don't have one only because my company provides me with an iPhone and iPad, but if I was unemployed, I would want this one as it can replace both and fits in my pants pocket.

Edit:
Missed last point about tax credit. To elaborate, tax credit not in terms of lowering liabilities, but actually getting a check BACK from Uncle Sam for that amount. Now consider how much finagling that took for a company that rakes in $20-35 BILLION in PROFITS annually. Really, the point is what company DOESN'T use all legal tax avoidance techniques the government allows them to? Unfortunately in a Venn Diagram, Legal and Ethical doesn't always match up. Think how quickly we could eliminate our national debt if we had an AMT for corporations in the Billionaire's Club instead of taxing middle income families, but I digress.

** Regardless of what's said after this, don't expect a reply from me. I've said my peace and greened the deal. As in any respectable debate, I will defer final comments to you if you wish. Hope the company you're at today is treating you much better.**

I'm in the market for a Note 2...Any Minnesota/Twin Cities people out there have Sprint? How's the service?

It's already gone up to $139

I got this phone from Amazon Wireless yesterday as an upgrade to an existing Sprint customer for $199 (plus the $36 activation fee from Sprint).

Upgrade for $249. Damn!
Anyways S4 is around the corner(grapes are sour)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014