• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
Funny that any convict can setup a site, offer free service, and people come running to share their files?!

cyfan said:   Funny that any convict can setup a site, offer free service, and people come running to share their files?!

I agree. I shall stick with the storage sites and backup drives I currently use and not risk losing any stuff at Mega.

cyfan said:   Funny that any convict can setup a site, offer free service, and people come running to share their files?!

To be fair, Kim Dotcom hasn't been convicted of anything related to Megaupload. He is currently fighting extradition to the US. His last conviction was pretty minor for securities violations.

And with that said, I doubt anyone is using "Mega" to store their financial records.

After mega's last fiasco, I'd encrypt, password protect, double encrypt, and triple encrypt my file before putting it on his servers lest you don't mind him and his friends accessing your data.

Go Kim!!!
Works like a charm.

Can create folders, but downloads are pending....
Looks like primitive....have to create each folder and then select files for that folder...does not look like it will pick up a tree of folders

got the email link but site seems to be down now. can't confirm registration yet.

I was able to sign up with no problem. Got the email. Hit the response link and I'm in.

The only problem I am having is trying to upload a file. I have a small 88k test file sitting to upload for the last hour. It just says 'pending'. Don't know if it's me or if there's some problem in the cloud. Or maybe they are getting hit so hard, nothing can process.

betimtim said:   love4money said:   Best and most reliable option is Skydrive.
Apparently u have no idea what Google Drive is

ummmmm dropbox... dropbox dropbox dropbox.... best ever for usefulness.. if anyone decides to use it, the link below gives us both extra free space.. aside from it being the best... the feature that sold me are incremental or delta uploads.. meaning if you make a change to a huge file you already have uploaded, say a 3 gig file... Only the changed part is uploaded again instead of the whole file.. skydrive nor google drive does this. they would make you wait for the entire file to reupload after editing.

pkp413 said:   Every other free service I've come across has been useless as they have a per file limit. So this sounds pretty good, hopefully it is up and running soon.

Dropbox has no per file limit.

Had a bunch of files pending overnight with no progress, cancelled them and tried a small file thats now been pending for 4 hours, Starting to think maybe I'm missing a step, once you drag and drop files is there a button you click or something

CEO? The word about Mega is they have revolutionized the way transfers of files are encrypted with up/down both encrypted through HTML5. I just can't see Mega as an IPO or a company for that matter.

I can't remember how I got it, but I'm 4 months into a 12-month free unlimited cloud storage plan on CrashPlan.com and I've been very impressed with the reliability and stability of Crashplan's servers. As it happens, using it as a backup system is poised to receive the acid test, as Windows has just popped up a screen advising me that my hard drive is on the verge of failing. I'd thought it was a mistake but my system is now acting goosey. While it has survived one restart the failure message has reappeared and a S.M.A.R.T. test confirms the Windows warning. OUCH!

All you guys got it wrong. He's changed his name now to SantaDotCom

Butcherboy said:   MEGA has opened! FREE 50gb of cloud storage!

http://mega.co.nz/

lets see how long it lasts

wantnano op

OP Correct the link...I could not get it open unless i type https as someone said above.

GreenTrash said:   I can't remember how I got it, but I'm 4 months into a 12-month free unlimited cloud storage plan on CrashPlan.com and I've been very impressed with the reliability and stability of Crashplan's servers. As it happens, using it as a backup system is poised to receive the acid test, as Windows has just popped up a screen advising me that my hard drive is on the verge of failing. I'd thought it was a mistake but my system is now acting goosey. While it has survived one restart the failure message has reappeared and a S.M.A.R.T. test confirms the Windows warning. OUCH!

Do take precautions if you have important data, but take S.M.A.R.T. based warnings with a grain of salt. They show up at our organization on a few systems where data loss would not be an issue, so we never swapped out the drives. None have actually failed.

I'll second the recommendations for SkyDrive, although I have a secondary dropbox account as well.

I still cant get an activation confirmation. Tried several times and it just freezes the website

Turned out I couldn't access it in Chrome, but Firefox worked with the 's' added...however, over 2 hours later, no email from them.

Edit- I got read for this? Morons.

Originally was getting the "Get bad signup code: -9"

I received my e-mail notification now it won't take my LastPass generated password I used. When I tried to register again it already told me I had an account. Oh well.

Hmmmm. I registered, but when I tried to confirm my account it failed on their end. I am unable to get into that account now, hopefully they fix the issue.

I wouldn't trust this site to hold my Popsicle let alone data. It's going to come down as fast as it went up, and, if this is your only safety net, you're going to need your darning needle.

ablang said:   Does anyone know how to search MEGA for shared files?

That is inherently impossible. They're encrypted and MEGA doesn't have the keys.

the website is very, very slow for me....

the website is very, very slow for me....

Still have not received an email 14 hours after signing up. Do I need to resign up?

If you're sending the confirm email to a GMail address, it gets dropped in the spam folder. Take a look.

LorenPechtel said:   ablang said:   Does anyone know how to search MEGA for shared files?

That is inherently impossible. They're encrypted and MEGA doesn't have the keys.

think sarcasm when you read what he said... even if he was serious.. i took it as sarcastic and thougt it was funny. i believe the file sharing is what got kim.com in trouble the first time.

MegaCloud is leading free cloud storage provider in the Industry. Although there are other best free cloud storage services like SugarSync, MediaFire, Zoolz which are providing upto 50GB cloud storage as well.
Source: http://www.cloudreviews.com/blog/best-free-cloud-storage-service...

Thanks, nice to have additional GBs!

I registered and confirmed but it keeps saying my password is incorrect. Anyone getting the same thing?

Works fine and fast for me...

WantTheBest said:   LorenPechtel said:   ablang said:   Does anyone know how to search MEGA for shared files?

think sarcasm when you read what he said... even if he was serious.. i took it as sarcastic and thougt it was funny. i believe the file sharing is what got kim.com in trouble the first time.

Actually, from what I read on Ars Technica this morning their encryption is fatally flawed.

While I like the idea of having 50GB of storage to move files around (even the 2GB that Dropbox offers has been insufficient a few times), I expect that the usefulness of Mega is going to be a little limited. For example, I guarantee that my company (and probably many of the companies that you work for) will end up blocking Mega as a piracy-related site. If I can't use it to transfer a file between home and work, then that's one less way it will be useful compared to Dropbox.

Also, I wouldn't dare put up any files that I actually care about. Kim Dotcom is a magnet for lawsuits, and his willingness to constantly flout the law guarantees that the authorities will come knocking on his door, encryption or not. I have the expectation that the files I place up on a cloud service are going to stay there; the service is worthless otherwise.

I'm sure that Mega will be of great use to pirates who want to mask their activity. For those of us who actually want to use cloud storage for legitimate purposes, Mega is probably a disaster waiting to happen.

You can get 50gb from Box.com pretty easily right now using referrals. So I guess I don't see how this is "Mega". When gmail came out, it was a huge success because it replaced the usual ~100mb email account with an unheard of 1gb account. If Mega wants the same success, 1Tb is what they should offer. This is a nice deal but not ground breaking.

why

why read terms so carefully......ive been reading whaqt exactly are you refering too

cyfan said:   Funny that any convict can setup a site, offer free service, and people come running to share their files?!whats really funny is how quick ppl are to judge things and ppl w/o knowing any of the facts.. of just some of the many times the govt has been caught lying and stealing, just remember whose side the govt is really on and who they really represent

Registered several times with Hotmail address, but didn't receive a confirmation email. Switched to GMail and it was delivered immediately to my regular inbox.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.