• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Awesome thanks OP just got me 50GB of online storage with the best encryption that money can buy without paying for it.....

There is nothing wrong with this site for the average user. If your files need better security then encrypt them before you upload them. As for Kim's innocence I would tend to believe him before I believed any of the puppets in our government. I personally wish him the best in NZ.

MuffD said:   I registered and confirmed but it keeps saying my password is incorrect. Anyone getting the same thing?

yes ive had the same thing...any fix?

Craig said:   There is nothing wrong with this site for the average user. If your files need better security then encrypt them before you upload them. As for Kim's innocence I would tend to believe him before I believed any of the puppets in our government. I personally wish him the best in NZ.

Yeah, because the puppets in our government are just your average, hard-working Americans for schulbs like you to take pot-shots at. That dude that lives down the street and takes care of his family--I'm sure he's got a personal vendetta against Kim Dotcom. And I'm just as sure that someone with Kim Dotcom's reputation has never done anything morally, ethically, or legally wrong. He's just been unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people around him. He's squeaky clean, and certainly should be trusted with your personal information. Because, you know, you and him are tight. He'd never wrong ya, bro.

Good freebie and working fine.

ablang said:   Does anyone know how to search MEGA for shared files?

Don't think you can, I think you have to be provided with a share-able link to uploaded content.

And for those who may have 'choice' files to upload or share on Mega, their security is being heavily questioned at this point, including their claimed non-use of deduplication. There's an excellent couple of articles over at gizmodo and ars, if you're interested.

I for one just plan to use it for personal file backup, like photos and such. I just need the space, not the security.

tried to upload a small file and it never did...so at this rate 50gb is going to last me a long time!

I still had over 8 months paid service left over from megaupload before they shutdown.. I'm guessing that won't transfer....

signed up thanks OP. hopefully it last.

I signed up, site was very responsive, confirmation email took a few minutes to arrive. 50 gigs in my account now. Not bad! The only headscratcher (and I'm no lawyer) is the language on my IP:

You grant us a worldwide, royalty free licence to use, store, back-up, copy, transmit, distribute, communicate and otherwise make available, your data, for the purposes of enabling you and those you give access to, to use the website and the services and for any other purpose related to provision of the services to you.
May be completely innocent, but I, as a layman, could also understand that as "we have the right to use, distribute, communicate and otherwise make available your data for any purpose.

Signed up 5 days ago. Never been able to upload even small file. It took 2 days to create an empty folder.

Have got 3 accounts now....

slickdeal45 said:   Craig said:   There is nothing wrong with this site for the average user. If your files need better security then encrypt them before you upload them. As for Kim's innocence I would tend to believe him before I believed any of the puppets in our government. I personally wish him the best in NZ.

Yeah, because the puppets in our government are just your average, hard-working Americans for schulbs like you to take pot-shots at. That dude that lives down the street and takes care of his family--I'm sure he's got a personal vendetta against Kim Dotcom. And I'm just as sure that someone with Kim Dotcom's reputation has never done anything morally, ethically, or legally wrong. He's just been unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people around him. He's squeaky clean, and certainly should be trusted with your personal information. Because, you know, you and him are tight. He'd never wrong ya, bro.

Wow, someone doesn't know recent History or the ties and monetary influence linking government to the entertainment industry.
Hey Jerry Sandusky was a great guy and so is Pistorius. Those guys at LAPD and the DOJ Fast and Furious crowd are wonderful people too.
And most government officials are "just following orders".
Now where on anyones morality scale should Kim Dotcom be placed?

Hoping they release a Windows desktop app and Android app soon.

EvilWizardGlick said:   Wow, someone doesn't know recent History or the ties and monetary influence linking government to the entertainment industry.
Hey Jerry Sandusky was a great guy and so is Pistorius. Those guys at LAPD and the DOJ Fast and Furious crowd are wonderful people too.
And most government officials are "just following orders".
Now where on anyones morality scale should Kim Dotcom be placed?

Better put that tinfoil hat back on, eh? They're tapping your transmission!

Is anyone having any difficulties uploading large (approximately 1 GB) files?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.