• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Credit Card Shaped Foldable Knife $3.86 Shipped

Dealgald offers the Credit Card Shaped Foldable Knife [dealglad.com] for $3.86 Shipped

It could be stored safely inside your wallet or bag.
It is sharp, thinner and lighter, safe, easily portable, waterproof and environmental friendly.

http://www.dealglad.com/credit-card-shaped-foldable-knife-black_...

Reborn1954 op

Member Summary

Credit Card Shaped Foldable Knife
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have one. I read in another thread these didnt set off the metal detectors or anything and people were able to fly wit... (more)

tcomps (Jan. 23, 2013 @ 11:33a) |

Knives don't save lives. God does. Your time was not up, otherwise nothing could save you.

aarzi (Jan. 23, 2013 @ 3:24p) |

Nice stocking-stuffer. In for a few.

RichyT (Feb. 27, 2013 @ 4:36p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm sure the TSA just loves these things.

Better than the deal you posted earlier this week

coolbreeze said:   I'm sure the TSA just loves these things.

I'd be terrified of forgetting this in my wallet when heading on vacation. In fact, this would probably be more useful on vacation - TSA, you suck.

Chiwawa626 said:   coolbreeze said:   I'm sure the TSA just loves these things.

I'd be terrified of forgetting this in my wallet when heading on vacation. In fact, this would probably be more useful on vacation - TSA, you suck.

Ditto. I travel (by plane) too much to have this be useful (to me). Its something that best kept in your wallet/pocket, and forgotten about, till you need it.

But you cant do that with this, as the TSA (if they find it) will confiscate it (or atleast the knife portion, rendering it useless).

And yes, THE TSA DOES SUCK. Its supposed to make us safer, but anyone with half a brain can come up with ways/means to circumvent their puny "safety" measures, so the only one that really suffers is honest travelers.

fsx100 said:   ....but anyone with half a brain can come up with ways/means to circumvent their puny "safety" measures, so the only one that really suffers is honest travelers.

Really? How many security breaches have happened in last 10 years on MILLIONS of flights in US?

sandy05 said:   fsx100 said:   ....but anyone with half a brain can come up with ways/means to circumvent their puny "safety" measures, so the only one that really suffers is honest travelers.

Really? How many security breaches have happened in last 10 years on MILLIONS of flights in US?

A lot actually. I personally know of several instances with large scissors, knifes and even guns that were mistakenly taken through TSA and on board. I don't know that many people, so if I know more than one instance, I'm thinking it must happen a lot.

kshowtime said:   sandy05 said:   fsx100 said:   ....but anyone with half a brain can come up with ways/means to circumvent their puny "safety" measures, so the only one that really suffers is honest travelers.

A lot actually. I personally know of several instances with large scissors, knifes and even guns that were mistakenly taken through TSA and on board. I don't know that many people, so if I know more than one instance, I'm thinking it must happen a lot.

Off topic, I know ... but ... I know of three flights, this week alone, that had prohibited items on-board ... mostly because they were in my hand luggage from prior travels. (one was a 9" double-ended screwdriver) together with two "gels" (a tube of toothpaste, and a tube of neosporin) ... I'd also like to know what security is there in allowing 12 opaque liquid containers in a single ziplock bag.

sandy05 said:   fsx100 said:   ....but anyone with half a brain can come up with ways/means to circumvent their puny "safety" measures, so the only one that really suffers is honest travelers.

a) LOTS. While the TSA does confiscate a lot of scissors etc, a LOT of stuff gets thru that is "banned". (Others have already elaborated on this).

b) The "stuff" that is allowed, makes the TSA useless overall, if someone really got their act together. A "few" 3.5 Oz vials containing the right liquid, gel and powder combos, along with (all allowed stuff) some high voltage batteries, a timer/clock and "normal wiring" (think headphone type connectors), and you have something that can definitely do some damage.

And if you have 2-4 people go thru security with the some of the above pieces each, so each individual is not carrying anything that could be assembled together into something damaging by himself, but together all their pieces (from the 2-4 folks) put together, could easily be made into something that can do damage, all the "take off your shoes" sh*t doesnt matter.

As others have illustrated, just because you didn't see it (or read about it) doesn't mean it didn't happen.

AFTER, they detect someone with contraband in their shoe... they screen shoes. AFTER, someone conspires to use a liquid explosive... they limit/screen liquid.

As far as I can see, the TSA if always a step behind. I know for a fact they STILL ignore things like magnesium fire starters, components of termite, and ANYTHING you can wrap inside a largelead acid battery (think uninterpretable power supply) because they cannot scan inside.

A four inch pair of scissors is allowed past TSA. This two inch knife would not be. Of course hijackers used knives, not a pair of scissors broken in half, so thats why scissors are OK. That great logic just proves it is all security theater.

Swissgear makes a folding knife that looks like a key. I carried that through dozens of flights undetected as it just blended in with the rest of my keys on x-ray. This one would probably stand out as having a large piece of metal in your wallet.

Of course you could always take a real plastic credit card and sharpen the edge into a knife and cause some good damage. Don't tell TSA though or they will ban credit cards.

Love it! In for one.

I tried to make a point that a tiny knife should not post any threat to flight security, but quickly got deleted.

Somehow the fatwalletor seems always gave extra scrutiny to some. They remove my deals almost instantly citing duplicate deals, while leaving other similar duplicates untouched for hours. And those "original" deals they point to won't even show up in search, only if you click their links.

Well, that is, if this can live long enough for you to read.

I gave up on the TSA when they confiscated my nail clippers (that didn't even have the nail file piece on them) and missed the three Swiss army knives in my bag.

In the midst of all of the TSA talk, I just wanted to say... Thanks OP! In 4 1. Okay, now you guys can continue bashing TSA.

how many 9-11s has to happen before we stop getting mad at the people making sure they dont sneak boxcutters on board people!!! NEVER FORGET! (you fools already forgot).

I have the old and now discontinued Spyderco SC01 (a.k.a. Eduard Bradichansky Spydercard). It saved my life.

TSA is not the end all for airline safety. They are the deterrent. If someone wants to cause harm then they will, but they will have to jump through a lot more hoops then they used to. Many of those hoops could land them in prison. In the right hands a couple of magazines can cause great harm.

Thank OP, in 4 1.

I have one. I read in another thread these didnt set off the metal detectors or anything and people were able to fly with them. ymmv

FatWalker said:   I have the old and now discontinued Spyderco SC01 (a.k.a. Eduard Bradichansky Spydercard). It saved my life.Knives don't save lives. God does. Your time was not up, otherwise nothing could save you.

Nice stocking-stuffer. In for a few.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.