• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Conair-Ceramic-Extreme-Instant-Heat-Ha...

I don't even know what to call the product because the box says something very different from the product as per the website but it's clear that Conair has repackaged this hair roller set under various names. The box reads only "Conair Hot Clips" but the product itself is clearly the same as the one marketed on the site called "Conair Ceramic Extreme Instant Heat Hair Setter with Heated Clip Technology." No difference.

The item number, according to the instruction book is CHV26HCX, which other stores seem to call "Conair Xtreme Instant Heat..." (with various endings to that name). I think that Amazon sells the same set for $44.95 as "Conair Xtreme Instant Heat Multisized Hot Rollers, PinkIt." http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Xtreme-Instant-Multisized-Rollers/d...
It looks like the same exact set, but the product number is CHV26HX. Even if you just want to compare apples with apples, with regard to product number, JR.com and drugstore.com sell CHV26HCX for $39.99. I live in NYC (where there are no Walmarts) so I chose to have the set shipped to my nearest FedEx outlet and that's free. Shipping to your home will cost you, unless you pad the order to get to the $45 free shipping minimum or obviously pick it up at the store.

This set has 20 ceramic, flocked rollers in three sizes, with 20 heated clips. It is reviewed favorably by most though some reviewers have suggested that the clips do not stay in well if your hair is thin. I have thin-ish hair but didn't have any problems last night when I tried them out. The rollers heat up very quickly and the curl you can achieve is really fantastic. The only other complaint in the reviews that might deter someone from buying these is that the set does not include extra-large rollers so if you have very long hair and want very loose curls, this probably isn't the set to get. It is the cheapest, well reviewed set I could find with more than eight flocked rollers. Please go easy on me as this is only my second or third original post.

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014