• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Best Buy has a promotion for 10% all open box items in store. http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2013/globa...

I stumbled upon an open box iPod Touch 32gb silver 5th generation that was discounted down to $269.99.

In Best Buy's current ad, they advertise that purchasing an iPod Touch 5th generation would qualify for a free $30 gift card.

The math works as follows: $270 - 10% = $243 - $30 gift card = $213 + tax. (I walked out with mine for $262.XX including tax including the $30 GC)

YMMV because it clearly says on ad that the $30 gift card is for new iPod Touches only, but when everything was scanned it automatically gave me the gift card.

Considering the retail, and that its current generation, I think this is a pretty hot deal (almost 30% off)

I would imagine if the bug isn't fixed soon in Best Buy's system, you should be able to score a 4th generation 16gb or 32gb iPod Touch open box for ~$142 and ~$185, respectively (assuming all open box prices are an additional 10% off their new counterparts).

Happy shopping!

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

5th Gen 32gb Apple iPod Touch
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Your posting a deal for a one time item you got lucky to find... red.

thank you for the heads up on the $30 GC

rsuaver said:   Your posting a deal for a one time item you got lucky to find... red.

I doubt its a one time item... I'm sure plenty of people have returned their christmas iPods, and I also doubt Best Buy will update their system in time, so I believe that if anyone happens upon an open box iPod touch this week, they may very well automatically get the gift card too. The transaction was completed by the manager, and nothing special was done in the transaction. That's the only reason I posted it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014