• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

olive garden (51.40kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Was this the 21st only? Because today (22nd) it is 250 points, although it still says limited time only.

Oh and I tend t... (more)

Technologist (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 3:49p) |

Thanks for posting OP!

tajar96 (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 9:38p) |

250 points now

yahoot (Jan. 23, 2013 @ 11:41a) |


lunch only?

jonms said:   lunch only?

no, it's a gift card, good on any meal.

It's a digital gift card...

rsuaver said:   It's a digital gift card...

digital or plastic gc's are the same thing and redeemed the same way.

Thanks op

Anyone know if it's possible to use more than one? I have the MCR Reward page open for a second one, but haven't pulled the trigger

soxfan2004 said:   Anyone know if it's possible to use more than one? I have the MCR Reward page open for a second one, but haven't pulled the trigger

I don't see why not, again, these are e-gift cards, not coupons or someother kind of special $ off promo.

No different than having two $5 gift cards to Staples and redeeming both on one order.

I need some coke

Bummer that it's a limit of one per account. Note that the GC can be used at any Darden restaurant: Red Lobster, Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, The Capital Grille, Eddie V's and Yard House.

We're sorry, you have redeemed the maximum quantity for this item (MCR is a tease apparently)

88 points, I'm over halfway there! Hopefully this deal will still be around when I get to 150 lol

I'm not familiar with My Coke Rewards. How do I get points for it? Purchase 16/20 oz cokes and the cap contains a code?

to answer Squeezer's Q: Every beverage by the coke company with a cap or box has a code that you enter into an account you create on the mycokerewards.com website. There is a catalog of items to choose from that you obtain by applying stored up points. The average value for points is 3-5 cents each.

This $5 limited card uses 150 points which is only 3 cents / point, which is warm at best.

The possible rewards change often and occasionally one will pop up where the points required places their value at 10 cents / point or better... now those are hot deals.

rocketslave said:   to answer Squeezer's Q: Every beverage by the coke company with a cap or box has a code that you enter into an account you create on the mycokerewards.com website. There is a catalog of items to choose from that you obtain by applying stored up points. The average value for points is 3-5 cents each.

This $5 limited card uses 150 points which is only 3 cents / point, which is warm at best.

The possible rewards change often and occasionally one will pop up where the points required places their value at 10 cents / point or better... now those are hot deals.



I have to somewhat disagree with your absolute determination (3 cents/pt or 10 cents/pt) of what makes an MCR deal hot or warm.

It also depends what it's for. A $5 GC to a major restaurant chain for 150 points might have more value than a $5 Gift Card to 7-11 for 75 points for instance. Unless you are comparing apples to apples, all "prizes" are not created equally as far as what they might be worth to someone in final redemption terms.

Thanks OP!

CVS has coke 4/$10 with a $10 Gift Card back on each $30 purchase (I believe you can do up to 5 so 60 12-packs!) There's 600 points or save them up for when they do double on Diet Coke etc.

Of course you get points on the smaller sizes (3 per) and a 24-pack yields 20 points. They add up pretty quickly. The bad part is most of their offers are luke warm at best all year...the good deals tend to be near Christmas. So save.

Just for those wondering about MyCokeRewards.

You also have to remember there are other promos to get points (games to earn points at times) and also double point times. Some games they have released would easily get you over 150 points. And then if you are already drinking powerade or cokes - then who cares?

Good deal, thanks OP.

MISTERCHEAP said:   It also depends what it's for. A $5 GC to a major restaurant chain for 150 points might have more value than a $5 Gift Card to 7-11 for 75 points for instance. Unless you are comparing apples to apples, all "prizes" are not created equally as far as what they might be worth to someone in final redemption terms.

I would think a $5 GC to one store compared to a $5 GC to another is as close to apples to apples as it comes. Sure, you may want one more than the other; but the points to cash value is really the same.

Doldrums said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   It also depends what it's for. A $5 GC to a major restaurant chain for 150 points might have more value than a $5 Gift Card to 7-11 for 75 points for instance. Unless you are comparing apples to apples, all "prizes" are not created equally as far as what they might be worth to someone in final redemption terms.

I would think a $5 GC to one store compared to a $5 GC to another is as close to apples to apples as it comes. Sure, you may want one more than the other; but the points to cash value is really the same.


again, not necessarily.

a $5 GC to a store you could care less about shopping at (say Dollar General) for $5/75 points versus $5 Darden GC for 150 is really up to the individual who is redeeming to determine the value TO THEM, a $5 useless gc for 75 points may be worth MUCH LESS than a merchant they regularly frequent and can make good use of the $5.

using straight cost per point/redemption calculations applied equally for all gift cards is nice, but not necessarily reflective of real world value to some one's needs.

Was this the 21st only? Because today (22nd) it is 250 points, although it still says limited time only.

Oh and I tend to agree with MrC about valuing varying cards. I never use certain programs to "redeem" for certain cards... because other programs are better. 1 great example of this is Staples GC through Discovercard (always only $20 in Cash Back to get $25 GC).

Same with Ace / Sears / Home Depot cards. I always load up on the "home improvement" card at Rite-Aid, when they have their "buy a $50, get $10 off your next Rite-Aid purchase" deal.

So those programs are instant 20% discount over other programs...

Thanks for posting OP!

250 points now



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014