• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amz has this for 25.95 presently.

PM'ed @ BestBuy and received $10 GC

Received $5 MIR from H&R Block in mail. (go sign up on their website)

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

H&R Block
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

$5 rebate card
Thanks josetorres
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I am looking at this, but I am a little confused. What does "Media only" means?

carmat4 (Feb. 04, 2013 @ 7:09p) |

I'm not sure, but I only used it to get a price match at Best Buy.
Maybe it means a CD without any packaging?

towerofshred (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 8:15p) |

looks like TigerDirect price is now $36... will BB still price match with printout of previous price?

nwill002 (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 6:57p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

why did u receive $10 GC?

sandeeppotdar said:   why did u receive $10 GC?
its free when you purchase the sw, did not ask them why, just saw it in their circular

I don't go to BB very often, is it YMMV on price match with Amazon?

Nov032007 said:   I don't go to BB very often, is it YMMV on price match with Amazon?

No it isnt. They recently changed their policy (read it on their site) to specifically match amzon. Read the last section.

fix title it is not $15.95 at BB rather $25.95 and receive a $10 BB GC.

I bought it today in the store: it is $34.99, and when you purchase, a gift card for $10 is added free. There were no signs in the store announcing the gift card, just in the circular, and the cashier added without me saying anything. It is also available online and the card will be added to the cart automatically. If BB matched Amazon, and still allowed the gift card, it would be $29.95 + tax - $10 gift card.

Where on the site? Cause this is what the price match guarantee says.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

megaantares said:   Where on the site? Cause this is what the price match guarantee says.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

There is a "Low Price Guarantee" on the left hand side of the screen part way down whenn you go to the main page. It says:
"Best Buy is currently running a Low Price Guarantee this holiday season. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.
Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "Online only" or state "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee.

For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and WalMart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. ..."

A deal at Best Buy? They'll cancel it by the time I would get to the store anyway.

YMMV, a lot of managers aren't going to PM if they know there is a GC involved...

there is a 5 dollar MIR for purchases at bestbuy, target, Office Depot, and Amazon. Got it in the mail from H&R Block

hpmax said:   there is a 5 dollar MIR for purchases at bestbuy, target, Office Depot, and Amazon. Got it in the mail from H&R Block

did that come in the package with a cd? last year I got a $10 mir, none this year

YankeeRedneck said:   hpmax said:   there is a 5 dollar MIR for purchases at bestbuy, target, Office Depot, and Amazon. Got it in the mail from H&R Block

did that come in the package with a cd? last year I got a $10 mir, none this year

update: Received a $5mir in the mail today. Guess they scrapped the $10 one.
This brought my cost down to $10.95. slick for me........

Can somebody please upload a scan of the MIR please? They have always excepted (scanned ones) them. Thnx!

I usually get this cd at Dollar Tree for a buck. Am I sol this year?

If they will match TigerDirect.com has for $19.99. Also just checked HR Block does not have the low price guarantee icon on the website for the special deal, so is up to manager approval.

hpmax said:   there is a 5 dollar MIR for purchases at bestbuy, target, Office Depot, and Amazon. Got it in the mail from H&R BlockGee, I got 5 dollar MIR offer for Bestbuy, Target, Office Depot, and OfficeMax. I wonder if there's a way to get on like yours.

megaantares said:   If they will match TigerDirect.com has for $19.99. Also just checked HR Block does not have the low price guarantee icon on the website for the special deal, so is up to manager approval.The low price guarantee is Best Buy, not H&R Block.

I would upload the mir but already filled it out.

I am sure some kind soul on this board will scan it for you.

so with this software you dont have to pay for state filing like how you do when you use online?
and how do you do a Amazon price match? bring a printout of the price on Amazon?

H&R Block BB rebate form
Disclaimer
This worked perfectly at BB yesterday.

First, go to the Target Direct site and print out the order.
Take the Tiger Direct print-out to the register at BB, and the clerk will likely call the manager for approval.
The manager will probably approve it.
The clerk will select "Tiger Direct" from the pull-down menu on the register, and enter "price match".
You will pay $19.95, and get a $10 gift card right on the spot.

Lower your final cost to $5.95 after the MIR.

I got it for $1.04 using the method on SD.

zebco said:   I usually get this cd at Dollar Tree for a buck. Am I sol this year?

Last year's, unlike prior years, did not include a free Federal e-file. If purchasing at DT this year, you may want to verify this before buying, but then for $1, take a chance.

mstudlee said:   I got it for $1.04 using the method on SD.

Which is?

zgenerale said:   zebco said:   I usually get this cd at Dollar Tree for a buck. Am I sol this year?

Last year's, unlike prior years, did not include a free Federal e-file. If purchasing at DT this year, you may want to verify this before buying, but then for $1, take a chance.

Not sure what version you got for a $1.
Was it Deluxe Version? Did it have free Fed e-file? Did it include 1 Free State?
I kind of doubt it.

Worked fine tonight taking the print out of the Tiger Direct page for the $19.95. Took it to Best Buy, picked up the HRB Deluxe version (purple box)looks just lust the box on the Tiger Direct Page. Took it to the Cashier, handed the print out and the box to her. She called a MGR over to do the over ride for the price adjust...he told her to just check a pre-made list they have in the system for the competitor..Tiger Direct is one..choose it and do the adjust. He walked away, as soon as she did the adjust and rang it up a message came up to give me a $10 gift card, she grabbed one, loaded it and out the door I went $21.79 after tax and a $10 gift card in my pocket. I have the $5 rebate form, they keep sending software in the mail and the forms are in those cases. If you used HRB last year, they probably sent you a disc..check it for the form before you toss it. After the rebate, this year will cost me $6.79.

BTW.. if you go, take the Amazon page with you also..just incase they wonder what the "media only" is. That is the version that TD sells for $19.95. As of this posting Amazon has it for $23.27. If they actually take the time and see that, you can just pull the Amazon print out and hand them that one that doesn't media only. If you take the page with you, they don't look it up.

pkp413 said:   mstudlee said:   I got it for $1.04 using the method on SD.

Which is?

Dead...

SafetyDance said:   pkp413 said:   mstudlee said:   I got it for $1.04 using the method on SD.
Which is?

Dead...

That's funny, because people are still saying it's working.

Just got a price match at Best Buy using this forum and my iPhone with the tiger direct link. Paid 20 plus tax and got a 10 dollar Best Buy gift card. I was very happy with that. Thank you to the poster!

I just came back from Best Buy. I tried to price match Tiger Direct, and was shot down. The young man said they couldn't match because the price was lower than their cost. Then he said "we do price match Amazon, though". I then pulled out a print showing Amazon at $23.97. He still wouldn't match that. I left empty handed.

ratdog49640 said:   I just came back from Best Buy. I tried to price match Tiger Direct, and was shot down. The young man said they couldn't match because the price was lower than their cost. Then he said "we do price match Amazon, though". I then pulled out a print showing Amazon at $23.97. He still wouldn't match that. I left empty handed.

yea, thats why i always ask to speak to a manager

Thank You OP! I went earlier tonight to BB and it worked just as advised on this forum. I had a print out of TigerDirect price, the girl at the register had no problems pulling up that vendor on her screen and putting in the pricematch value ($19.99). Also as others here have stated, the $10 GC popped up on her screen and she announced it to me like I had no idea... "Oh, and you get a $10 gift card for buying this!" she said. Of course I didn't want to take away her excitement, so I said "Oh Wow! wonderful"

Is this deal still active? I'll go tonight

I'm curious also if the deal is still alive. I can't find the $19.99 tiger price, but I see the amz price and rebate form.

Click on the link Otaz has above to Tiger and you'll see their $19.99 price. I'm going to try a little later at BB and will report back.

Found the $19.99 TigerDirect price yesterday. It was for "media", but I cant find it today. Hmmmm....

Anyway, BB near me PMed with no problem, but no GC. Oh well, but $15 with MIR is still not bad. I returned my amz $39.74 TurboTax. I hope they're comparable products.

Found it. You have to search for:
"B212-0014"

Skipping 8 Messages...
looks like TigerDirect price is now $36... will BB still price match with printout of previous price?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.