• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Edimax BR-6428n 802.11n/g/b Wireless Router

Edimax BR-6428n 802.11n/g/b Wireless Router up to 300 Mbps, with Intelligent iQoS feature for bandwith management over Media, P2P, WEB, Download, and Gaming, plus Green technology to save electricity

With Promo Code
EMCXWVV226

Brand
EDIMAX

Model
BR-6428n

Standards
IEEE 802.11b/g/n

Security
NAT/NAPT IP Sharing
64/128 bit WEP Encryption and WPA-PSK
WPA2-PSK security
SPI Anti-DoS Firewall

WPA/WPA2
WPA2

Ports
1 x 10/100M WAN; 4 x 10/100M LAN

Wireless Data Rates
Up to 300Mbps

Modulation
OFDM: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, DSSS

Frequency Band
2.412GHz - 2.462GHz

Antenna
2 x 3dBi detachable antenna

Channels
11 Channels

Interface
Ethernet Port

Power Adapter
5V DC, 1A external power adapter

Wireless Adapter included
No

Dimensions
7.2" x 4.3" x 1.0"

Temperature
0C - 40C (32F - 104F)

Humidity
10% - 90% (Non-Condensing)

Features

Features
Provides Edimax's exclusive intelligent iQOS that stands for Intelligent Quality of Service. Use this tool to easily manage your bandwidth by deciding on the priority of Online Gaming, Peer-to-peer, Media, Web, and Email.
Designed with GREEN technology. It provides a minimum of 50% saving in electrical power, and even more by intelligently determine the power required during transmit and idle time.

Manufacturer Warranty

Parts
2 years limited

Labor
2 years limited

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have 3 of these already and they work great OUT OF THE BOX as wireless access points for my AV setup and also as wireless repeaters extending wireless range.

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Edimax BR-6428n (4.65kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Newegg reviews seem to be either 5-stars "works great!" or 1-star "total crap".

PC-mag review says the throughput on this is slow:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2381713,00.asp

Can this be configured as a wireless bridge??

Yes...can be used as bridge (WISP Mode). Coupon still good...$15 shipped AC

Back in stock, it was listed as out of stock yesterday morning. I had updated the title to EXPIRED.

Lockman said:   Yes...can be used as bridge (WISP Mode). Coupon still good...$15 shipped AC

But doesn't WISP use NAT on the wireless WAN? Whereas, wireless ethernet bridge mode does not?

This would be a problem if you wanted to attach a networked printer, and share it with the LAN.

If someone finds the detailed instructions for use in bridge mode, please share. (Owner's Manual seems insufficient, per Newegg reviews)Thanks.

AcidSpectrum said:   If someone finds the detailed instructions for use in bridge mode, please share. (Owner's Manual seems insufficient, per Newegg reviews)Thanks.
I actually had no problems in configuring one as a bridged access point and another as a separate wireless repeater using the manual (and I'm not tech savvy enough to figure how to configure my DD-WRT modded routers correctly). If you are after more info try:How to apply WISP mode in the AP-router?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014