• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples - SanDisk Cruzer Glide SDCZ60-128G-A11 128GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive only $59.99

Staples.com is carrying this 128GB USB Flash Drive for $59.99
Shipping is Free on $20.00 or more
Final Price: $59.99 + Free Shipping

Compare: Buy.com ($109.99) | PC Connection ($110.11) | MacMall.com ($117.99) | TheNerds.net ($118.94)

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

SanDisk SDCZ60-128G-A11
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

agentjfong said:   Same price at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Glide-Flash-SDCZ60-128G-B35...But today and tomorrow (thru 24th) you can also get 25% back in Staples rewards for any purchases in-store... so really only $45 after rewards. (assuming $59.99 price is good in-store too.) See other FW thread on 25% back.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1252606/

Possibly an okay drive for backing up an ultrabook/MacBook Air/13-inch Retina MBP or anything else with a 128 GB SSD... but I don't see a ton of use for this other than single-snapshot SSD backups.

At USB 2.0 speeds, you're going to be waiting an eon to read or write that much data. This is one of those that would be ultra hot if it was USB 3.0, lukewarm at USB 2.0. And I'm including the Staples Rewards in that critique.

Staples wants $109 for the Sandisk USB 3.0 version... with only half the storage at 64 GB.

asuka said:   Possibly an okay drive for backing up an ultrabook/MacBook Air/13-inch Retina MBP or anything else with a 128 GB SSD... but I don't see a ton of use for this other than single-snapshot SSD backups.

At USB 2.0 speeds, you're going to be waiting an eon to read or write that much data. This is one of those that would be ultra hot if it was USB 3.0, lukewarm at USB 2.0. And I'm including the Staples Rewards in that critique.

Staples wants $109 for the Sandisk USB 3.0 version... with only half the storage at 64 GB.
Depends on what you use them for. Can load it up with a bunch of movies and never worry about it again. Sure USB2 takes some time to write the whole things, but seriously most people never do that, except maybe at first when you load most of your collection of must have files on it. So the first time loading it up you just walk away and leave it or do it before you go to bed and no wait at all!

Perhaps for movie storage, but I wouldn't primary-store them on it. Flash drives tend to be as failure prone as hard drives in my office.

Like I said, lukewarm, I can see some uses where I would enjoy it, but I have a stack of portable WD 2 TB USB 3 HDDs from BB yesterday that just make this seem slow, small, and overpriced

Wound up getting one for myself. I think I was pessimistic because I didn't want to spend the money. People have been universally shocked when they saw me toting it around after I told them it was under $50 after rewards.

Mainly going to put my iTunes and XBMC libraries on it so I can pull this out of my pocket, when grabbing the hard drive for my MacBook Air wouldn't be convenient.

Using it with NTFS and Tuxera which I got for free with Seagate FreeAgent. ExFAT on Mac is still unreliable as sin.

Price was not valid in store, but price matching the site was no problem. Staples rewards coupon attached without incident.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014