• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
DEAD ON Amazon - STILL LIVE ON Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131384

Newegg now offering a free samsung laser printer with purchase.

Newegg $7.99 shipping

13.3" backlit hd led 600 x 900

Second gen i5

4gb ram not upgradable

128 gsb ssd

I have been stalking the Samsung series 9 and if you want it brand new and you don't want to wait a few months, this is an excellent price.

Just wish I could find a deal on a 15"

Review here http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/06/samsung-series-9-review-13-in...

Amazon warehouse has refurbished like new at $665 - with prime:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0098O6HGK/sr=8-5/qid=135...

Member Summary

Samsung Series 9 NP900X3D-A01US
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

As stated by OP, 4gb of ram which is not upgradeable. Why Samsung, why would you do that?

Because Samsung is an unprofessional company that does not care for their customers, terrible/useless after sales service.

I paid #1400+ for this laptop few months ago now it is 50% of the price, which self respecting company does that?

Marylander said:   Because Samsung is an unprofessional company that does not care for their customers, terrible/useless after sales service.

I paid #1400+ for this laptop few months ago now it is 50% of the price, which self respecting company does that?
It's unfortunate that you see it that way. All companies, especially electronics companies are under market pressure to introduce new "things" to buy. When new models are introduced it is inevitable that last years models are going to be worth less. People are willing to pay a premium for "New" things....... Sad but true.

Marylander said:   Because Samsung is an unprofessional company that does not care for their customers, terrible/useless after sales service.

You paid $1400 for a Sandy Bridge powered series 9 a few months ago? Are you sure you didn't pay that much and get the 3rd gen i5?

I paid $1300 for my Ivy Bridge 15" series 9 a few months ago. This is a really good deal on this laptop if you don't mind not having the latest gen processor and slightly shorter battery life.

Samsung is highly rated for their laptops. Got windows 8 drivers and updates for my samsung laptop and they ran an installer and works great! As in anything in the windows PC world, prices will drop and drop BIG. Noticed all the $299 laptops? I got an 17" HP envy for $599 when it sells for $1299 from HP.

Only wish that happened in the Apple mac world!

I prefer to purchase on the tail end of a product offering. It feels better! LOL

Monday I purchased a Samsung Series 3 NP350V5C-A01C Laptop from Staples on close out for $499. Originally it was selling at Staples for $729.99. It features an Intel Ivy Bridge I5-3210 2.5 GHz processor with turbo boost. All in all it is a nice computer with a non-glare screen and Windows 8. It is only available as an in store purchase, and is sold out in the West Palm Beach, FL area.

mikie12345 said:   I prefer to purchase on the tail end of a product offering. It feels better! LOL

Monday I purchased a Samsung Series 3 NP350V5C-A01C Laptop from Staples on close out for $499. Originally it was selling at Staples for $729.99. It features an Intel Ivy Bridge I5-3210 2.5 GHz processor with turbo boost. All in all it is a nice computer with a non-glare screen and Windows 8. It is only available as an in store purchase, and is sold out in the West Palm Beach, FL area.

Its not ultrabook. It weighs at least 5.5 lbs. It's hard to compare this to the OP's post of laptop.

windows8 kills the deal for me.... i wish i could pay $15 to get it on Win7, why won't they give that option.

shopper711 said:   mikie12345 said:   I prefer to purchase on the tail end of a product offering. It feels better! LOL

Its not ultrabook. It weighs at least 5.5 lbs. It's hard to compare this to the OP's post of laptop.

I don't think he claimed it an ultrabook, nor did he compare or reference that others should choose that deal over the ultrabook listed. I am pretty sure he is simply showing an example of how easy it is to find Windows Laptops at a deep discount if you can settle for the last gen hardware etc.

Either way, seems like the deal for this ultrabook is good. 1600 x 900 is WAAAAYYYY better than 1366 x 768 , and the trend for lower to middle end laptops to have that crappy low resolution is getting old.

Its a good price if you want to buy new rather than used/refurbished. Frontpage at SD and no love here!

Dead on Amazon, still available on Newegg

Newegg now offering a free printer with purchase.

Also available at Amazon warehouse for $665

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0098O6HGK

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014