• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
The 7232 is a huge improvement over the 6 series and the 7216 when they work right. One or two firmware upgrades have been really-really bad but it's nice to be able to plug in an external 2tb esata drive. Just note that the new media 6 tuner boxes are supposed to be available later this year but not for free.

http://www.multichannel.com/news-article/verizon-nears-launch-fi...

Called Verizon early Sunday a.m., they where going to ship me a new dvr ,they did not know what model though. So going by previous posters suggestion or luck opted to pickup at Verizon Store. Went Monday picked up new? (no box)7232. Thanks OP

7216 P2 500GB, nice bump

I got 7216 with 500GB also. When you say 7232 is better than 7216, all I can gather is 7232 is a little faster response and maybe consume a little less power. They both have the same 500GB and both can support external esata drive, so I don't know if it is worth it to try to go to a Verizon store after I just got a new 7216?

Got the 7216. They offered me the 7232 but I have to pay 40 bucks but I declined. I can just get an external esata drive with higher cap for almost the same price.

Has anyone found a way to get a router upgrade for free? They have 802.11n ones available, but I still have the 802.11b/g one it came with. I asked and they wanted to charge me $100 or something to upgrade. Pretty annoying since they just increased the equipment rental fees by 50%.

When I renewed my contract, I demanded a new router. The rep actually had to charge my account and then credit it back the next month. Although I was skeptical, the rep came through and credited me without me having to follow up and ask.

nquinn said:   Has anyone found a way to get a router upgrade for free? They have 802.11n ones available, but I still have the 802.11b/g one it came with. I asked and they wanted to charge me $100 or something to upgrade. Pretty annoying since they just increased the equipment rental fees by 50%.

You can buy your own wireless router and disable the wifi on actiontech box. There is a rental fee for the router?

Thanks. I ordered mine right now, should be here by Super Bowl...

I received my 7216 today.
Bit disappointed with the condition. Obviously used. Lots of scratches and dents

hondo1978 said:   nquinn said:   Has anyone found a way to get a router upgrade for free? They have 802.11n ones available, but I still have the 802.11b/g one it came with. I asked and they wanted to charge me $100 or something to upgrade. Pretty annoying since they just increased the equipment rental fees by 50%.

You can buy your own wireless router and disable the wifi on actiontech box. There is a rental fee for the router?

I went this route, as the wifi on the ActionTech really leaves a lot to be desired.

I haven't noticed the rental fee increase, I've got to look at my Verizon bills more carefully...

I just walked into a Verizon store with the 7216 said the response time was slow and they replaced with 7232 no charge

Mercx said:   I received my 7216 today.
Bit disappointed with the condition. Obviously used. Lots of scratches and dents

This is why I have a love/hate relationship with Verizon FiOS. I upgraded 2 DVRs, one was perfect, the second upgrade had a bad Standard Def Tuner. Really bad pixelation (unwatchable) on some channels, other channels wouldn't tune. 2.5 hours with automated restarts and finally gave up and chatted with customer service. 30 min's after start of chat, support folks offered to replace defective unit.

both upgraded units were 7216's. Replacement is 7216.

cantstop said:   Mercx said:   I received my 7216 today.

This is why I have a love/hate relationship with Verizon FiOS. I upgraded 2 DVRs, one was perfect, the second upgrade had a bad Standard Def Tuner. Really bad pixelation (unwatchable) on some channels, other channels wouldn't tune. 2.5 hours with automated restarts and finally gave up and chatted with customer service. 30 min's after start of chat, support folks offered to replace defective unit.

both upgraded units were 7216's. Replacement is 7216.

That is what everybody is saying. You most likely will get 7216 if they shipped it to you from the warehouse. If you want 7232, your best bet is to go to the verizon store and talk them into giving you one. Of course, YMMV.

Got one and received it in 2 days

I received a free 7232 for free as a replacement for the 6xxx series.

Whats the difference between the 7216 and the 7232??

Got my replacement about 2 weeks ago and the 7216 is in good condition but I don't like it. Almost every time going from DVR or On Demand to live tv the sound disappears. Sometimes it does it just changing from higher number changes back to local hd channels. Only two fixes I've found. Both are unacceptable. Do a box reset using the diagnostics & the remote (takes a good while and resets all boxes in house) or pull the HDMI cable from the 7216 and plug it back in. That is quicker but a pain. Anybody else had audio issues with this "newer" model. Never had any issues with my 6 series.

Got the upgrade stb but giving me issues all the time. The audio cuts out entirely when going from On Demand, DVR or even some high number channels back down to regular HD versions of the lower number channels. Only fix I have found is to reset the stb using the remote or to pull the hdmi cable and plug it back it in. Either way total pain in back side. URGHHH....old 6 series box never gave me any issues. This one stinks!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014