• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Received an offer in the mail for a $50 Buick Visa Prepaid Card with test drive after I had requested info on the Buick Enclave last week on Buick's website. Mailing provides a unique customer ID# while dealer provides BAC code number to redeem offer online. Huge YMMV as this might be targeted or region specific. Good luck!

Buick Test Drive Offer

Member Summary

$50 Buick Visa Prepaid Card with Test Drive
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

LongDongSilver (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 4:05a) |

Well, it is two months past that date, so obviously something went wrong. So what did they tell you when you followed up... (more)

yoregano (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 10:00a) |

You can't really request information b/c they don't do print catalogs anymore, unless you're ready to buy and you want t... (more)

rickster9 (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 9:05p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Visa
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What web address can you get a mailed brochure, all I can find is the downloaded available?
Thanks.

probably this offer has expired?

I did this about 3 weeks ago.

Buick is still a brand?

this deal is hot like some women are hot
other people will get lucky with it, but there seems to be no way its going to happen for me, try as i might!

rickt86 said:   Buick is still a brand?

..and a strong brand at that!

Can you post the link to request a brochure. Cant find it for the life of me on the site thanks!

qidrox said:   Can you post the link to request a brochure. Cant find it for the life of me on the site thanks!

Without this info, the "hot deal" is just a "I got a hot deal and thought I'd tell you about it" and not a real hot deal.

Why isn't this thread on the test driving thread under Finance? That is where all the test drives are. I mentioned this one a few days ago.
Mimi

labboypro said:   qidrox said:   Can you post the link to request a brochure. Cant find it for the life of me on the site thanks!

Without this info, the "hot deal" is just a "I got a hot deal and thought I'd tell you about it" and not a real hot deal.

Easy grasshopper.....

I had requested a quote online with the link below (as we are legitimately interested in the Enclave). BTW I had also used the Buick online chat to request a hard copy brochure via USPS.

Buick Request a Quote

DOChicago said:   
I had requested a quote online with the link below (as we are legitimately interested in the Enclave). BTW I had also used the Buick online chat to request a hard copy brochure via USPS.
Buick Request a Quote

Hmmm, it loaded then defaulted to:
We are sorry, the page you requested is currently not available.

Please return to the Buick homepage.

Edit: I got the page when I went the long way through the website to: request a quote.

TheGMan said:    Edit: I got the page when I went the long way through the website to: request a quote.

Me too. I requested a quote (the long way). We will see if anything comes of it.

DOChicago said:   labboypro said:   qidrox said:   Can you post the link to request a brochure. Cant find it for the life of me on the site thanks!

Easy grasshopper.....

Buick Request a Quote

Unless there is a reasonable way for anyone to replicate the deal, it is not a deal per FW's FAQ/terms. FW does specifically say that "Check your email for XXX offer" is not a Hot Deal. This is a pretty similar situation.

Oh, and saying "easy grasshopper" is not going to be helpful, either.

Is that really a Buick in the picture? The picture is so bad, that it almost looks like a 2004-2005 Toyota Camry.

I think it's a camry as well. I prefer camry rather than a Buick. I had both cars. The 1988 buick lesabre, its alternator would die every year. In the first 5 or 6 years, the new buick had to be in dealer a few times for computer problem. camry has not had any problem except transmission rebuild at 80K miles.

MilleniumBuc said:   Is that really a Buick in the picture? The picture is so bad, that it almost looks like a 2004-2005 Toyota Camry.

diamente said:   I think it's a camry as well. I prefer camry rather than a Buick. I had both cars. The 1988 buick lesabre, its alternator would die every year. In the first 5 or 6 years, the new buick had to be in dealer a few times for computer problem. camry has not had any problem except transmission rebuild at 80K miles.

I can't speak for Buick quality in specific, but you're talking about something that happened 25 years ago... seems not particularly relevant to 2013 model cars unless you have specific experience with them as well.

I've always said that GM is run by bankers...they are concerned with the bottom line (profit).

yes its targeted...i received the offer in the mail and when i entered the id it came up with my name and address. All i had to do was enter the BAC code. I'm an Enclave owner and its likely targeted to those interested in trading in for the redesigned 2013 models.

sidewinder33625 said:   yes its targeted...i received the offer in the mail and when i entered the id it came up with my name and address. All i had to do was enter the BAC code. I'm an Enclave owner and its likely targeted to those interested in trading in for the redesigned 2013 models.

How do you like your Enclave? What's your typical in-town gas mileage?

Thank you!

brotherhpj said:   I've always said that GM is run by bankers...they are concerned with the bottom line (profit).

By definition, that is what any corporation seeks (profit), so we could substitute in just about any company name you can think of and that sentence will apply.

hereford said:   sidewinder33625 said:   yes its targeted...i received the offer in the mail and when i entered the id it came up with my name and address. All i had to do was enter the BAC code. I'm an Enclave owner and its likely targeted to those interested in trading in for the redesigned 2013 models.

Thank you!

Got about 22k on it and no major problems so far. We came from an Acura MDX and mainly went for it due to the larger size/looks and of course lower price. I average about 18mpg on 30mi round trip daily city commute wich isn't bad for a nearly 5000 lb vehicle. Check out www.enclaveforum.net for lot more info from other owners.

Scam. Never got the GMC test drive gift card from last September. Scam like GM is in general.

lexcurat said:   Scam. Never got the GMC test drive gift card from last September. Scam like GM is in general.
So what happened when you contacted them to tell them you have not received your GC?

I am waiting for a GC from a Chevy test drive I did last month. I was able to do it from a targeted email I received. I did a test drive the year before that, too. I initially got in on the deal from signing up for something somewhere along the way.

While this is a nice deal for me, I did not post about it on FW because, of course, it does not meet the criteria for being a Hot Deal since it cannot be reasonably replicated by the general consumer.

In Nov, I got a mail for Chevy Silverado test drive for $50. I own a 2008 Silverado only has 19,000 mile. Drove to dealer told them that I come for the $50 gift card, but I told them I was thinking to replace my wife's 2002 Sentra, which I didn't think so that time. They were very nice about it and gave me the code with Cruze and Sonic brochure. I got the $50 GC 4 weeks later. In Jan, GM Card mail me a letter say I can use all me GM cash on 2012 or 2013 model. Went back to the dealer 2 week ago got my wife a Sonic Turbo hatchback. Dealer was able to sell me the car at $100 above the invoice, then I used $4600 GM cash on top of that. I did ask them to take out those highly mark-up items like all weather floor mat($110), Splash Guard ($160), Cargo net ($60), Wheel lock ($299, but they did not charge me and decide to leave those on the car).

sidewinder33625 said:   hereford said:   sidewinder33625 said:   yes its targeted...i received the offer in the mail and when i entered the id it came up with my name and address. All i had to do was enter the BAC code. I'm an Enclave owner and its likely targeted to those interested in trading in for the redesigned 2013 models.

Thank you!

Got about 22k on it and no major problems so far. We came from an Acura MDX and mainly went for it due to the larger size/looks and of course lower price. I average about 18mpg on 30mi round trip daily city commute wich isn't bad for a nearly 5000 lb vehicle. Check out www.enclaveforum.net for lot more info from other owners.

Thank you! Have a great weekend!!

yoregano said:   lexcurat said:   Scam. Never got the GMC test drive gift card from last September. Scam like GM is in general.
So what happened when you contacted them to tell them you have not received your GC?

I am waiting for a GC from a Chevy test drive I did last month. I was able to do it from a targeted email I received. I did a test drive the year before that, too. I initially got in on the deal from signing up for something somewhere along the way.

While this is a nice deal for me, I did not post about it on FW because, of course, it does not meet the criteria for being a Hot Deal since it cannot be reasonably replicated by the general consumer.

why, it was mailed nov. 19 of course according to them. yeah right.

rickt86 said:   Buick is still a brand?

Yes.

Buick outsells Chevy in China

lexcurat said:   yoregano said:   lexcurat said:   Scam. Never got the GMC test drive gift card from last September. Scam like GM is in general.

why, it was mailed nov. 19 of course according to them. yeah right.

Well, it is two months past that date, so obviously something went wrong. So what did they tell you when you followed up and told them that you still have not gotten the GC two months later?

You can't really request information b/c they don't do print catalogs anymore, unless you're ready to buy and you want to talk to that guy in the plaid jacket.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014