Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

$50 Buick Visa Prepaid Card with Test Drive - *Targeted YMMV?*

3 of 4
hereford
1/24/13 5:32 PM
sidewinder33625 said:   

yes its targeted...i received the offer in the mail and when i entered the id it came up with my name and address. All i had to do was enter the BAC code. I'm an Enclave owner and its likely targeted to those interested in trading in for the redesigned 2013 models.

How do you like your Enclave? What's your typical in-town gas mileage?

Thank you!
labboypro
1/24/13 6:01 PM
brotherhpj said:   

I've always said that GM is run by bankers...they are concerned with the bottom line (profit).

By definition, that is what any corporation seeks (profit), so we could substitute in just about any company name you can think of and that sentence will apply.
sidewinder33625
1/24/13 6:19 PM
hereford said:   

sidewinder33625 said:   

yes its targeted...i received the offer in the mail and when i entered the id it came up with my name and address. All i had to do was enter the BAC code. I'm an Enclave owner and its likely targeted to those interested in trading in for the redesigned 2013 models.

Thank you!

Got about 22k on it and no major problems so far. We came from an Acura MDX and mainly went for it due to the larger size/looks and of course lower price. I average about 18mpg on 30mi round trip daily city commute wich isn't bad for a nearly 5000 lb vehicle. Check out www.enclaveforum.net for lot more info from other owners.
lexcurat
1/24/13 11:13 PM
Scam. Never got the GMC test drive gift card from last September. Scam like GM is in general.
yoregano
1/25/13 10:14 AM
lexcurat said:   

Scam. Never got the GMC test drive gift card from last September. Scam like GM is in general.

So what happened when you contacted them to tell them you have not received your GC?

I am waiting for a GC from a Chevy test drive I did last month. I was able to do it from a targeted email I received. I did a test drive the year before that, too. I initially got in on the deal from signing up for something somewhere along the way.

While this is a nice deal for me, I did not post about it on FW because, of course, it does not meet the criteria for being a Hot Deal since it cannot be reasonably replicated by the general consumer.
taohk
1/25/13 4:55 PM
In Nov, I got a mail for Chevy Silverado test drive for $50. I own a 2008 Silverado only has 19,000 mile. Drove to dealer told them that I come for the $50 gift card, but I told them I was thinking to replace my wife's 2002 Sentra, which I didn't think so that time. They were very nice about it and gave me the code with Cruze and Sonic brochure. I got the $50 GC 4 weeks later. In Jan, GM Card mail me a letter say I can use all me GM cash on 2012 or 2013 model. Went back to the dealer 2 week ago got my wife a Sonic Turbo hatchback. Dealer was able to sell me the car at $100 above the invoice, then I used $4600 GM cash on top of that. I did ask them to take out those highly mark-up items like all weather floor mat($110), Splash Guard ($160), Cargo net ($60), Wheel lock ($299, but they did not charge me and decide to leave those on the car).
hereford
1/25/13 5:03 PM
sidewinder33625 said:   

hereford said:   

sidewinder33625 said:   

Thank you!

Got about 22k on it and no major problems so far. We came from an Acura MDX and mainly went for it due to the larger size/looks and of course lower price. I average about 18mpg on 30mi round trip daily city commute wich isn't bad for a nearly 5000 lb vehicle. Check out www.enclaveforum.net for lot more info from other owners.

Thank you! Have a great weekend!!
lexcurat
1/26/13 3:23 AM
yoregano said:   

lexcurat said:   

So what happened when you contacted them to tell them you have not received your GC?

I am waiting for a GC from a Chevy test drive I did last month. I was able to do it from a targeted email I received. I did a test drive the year before that, too. I initially got in on the deal from signing up for something somewhere along the way.

While this is a nice deal for me, I did not post about it on FW because, of course, it does not meet the criteria for being a Hot Deal since it cannot be reasonably replicated by the general consumer.

why, it was mailed nov. 19 of course according to them. yeah right.
LongDongSilver
1/26/13 4:05 AM
rickt86 said:   

Buick is still a brand?

Yes.

Buick outsells Chevy in China
yoregano
1/26/13 10:00 AM
lexcurat said:   

yoregano said:   

lexcurat said:   

why, it was mailed nov. 19 of course according to them. yeah right.

Well, it is two months past that date, so obviously something went wrong. So what did they tell you when you followed up and told them that you still have not gotten the GC two months later?
3 of 4
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.