• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Forged AR 15 Lower
Disclaimer
Lower
Not really a deal but in stock & you do get free shipping.

Caliber- Multi

Manufacturer- AR Five Seven

Description- This forged AR-15 stripped lower receiver is the nicest lower we have seen. With additional features you don't see with other Mil-spec lowers, such as stock adjustment screw hole. You will not be disappointed!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The NRA did not introduce the legislation to ban these rifles, Sen. Feinstein did so with the support of the POTUS and V... (more)

tuphat (Jan. 25, 2013 @ 8:07a) |

Boberg Arms has their new CDH-15 mil-spec lower available for $299 as well. You have to call them....ETA is three weeks... (more)

pgtmini (Jan. 25, 2013 @ 8:21a) |

Bad price, but thanks for posting as it helps us see where the market is going.

yadayada (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 5:38p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

horrible price....but green for availability

I backordered one (a mega lower) from jse surplus for 124...if history is any indication, I should have it in a couple of weeks

Red for price. Thanks, OP. NO Thanks, Buds.

I didn't order any but bet they will be sold out soon. Buds doesn't have any ARs to sell either but they have plenty for their auctions that are going for double or more. Just another way of price gouging.

Supply and demand.

Stoodo said:   Supply and demand.

Sadly, that's true. Last month, these were $80.

ZombieHunter said:   Stoodo said:   Supply and demand.

Could you do me a favor ? What's a list of the components needed to assemble a complete ar-15 with what prices were before the recent run-up ? I'm gonna wait awhile to see if demand lets up but I don't know what good prices would be ? TIA

Dinkytoy said:   ZombieHunter said:   Stoodo said:   Supply and demand.

Could you do me a favor ? What's a list of the components needed to assemble a complete ar-15 with what prices were before the recent run-up ? I'm gonna wait awhile to see if demand lets up but I don't know what good prices would be ? TIA

Not uncommon to find a complete rifle for $650 to $700.

Dinkytoy said:   Could you do me a favor ? What's a list of the components needed to assemble a complete ar-15 with what prices were before the recent run-up ? I'm gonna wait awhile to see if demand lets up but I don't know what good prices would be ? TIA

A budget build from late 2011 for a friend (prices were about the same this year):
Upper (without bolt carrier group/charging handle): 283
BCG: 100
Charging handle: 14
stripped lower receiver: 100
Lower parts kits (with grip & stock): 80
pmag magazine: 13

Total: $590

Which sounds about right...I saw a complete budget AR15 somewhere on sale this year for $699. So, takes my parts, add that pesky $100 tax and it puts them nearly at the same price.

Dinkytoy said:   ZombieHunter said:   Stoodo said:   Supply and demand.

You could have built a rifle for as low as about $500.

I built a complete rifle with CHF barrel (PSA upper with "machine gun steel" FN CHF barrel), gunfighter charging handle, full auto BCG, spikes lower, PSA lower build kit, and one magazine for $650. I could have done better in price and saved a total of $110 on a complete rifle (saved $50 on the upper without chf barrel, saved $30 on BCG, saved $30 on charging handle), but I would have kicked myself for not getting the better stuff from the start.

Big problem is finding the BCG's and if you do them not costing $200000000. Keep waiting prices are starting to come back around and stock is starting to come back in.

http://coderedfirearms.com

Here's a decent quality lower you can backorder for $150

http://www.superiorarms.com/products_main.php?pid=22

heres one for $140

http://www.jardinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article...

Here's one for $160

You can see things are coming around a bit.

Personally I think panic buying anything right now is a mistake we are not days away from them becomming illegal if it happens at all.

Good luck with whatever you get but I wouldn't touch that one from Buds.

Today's prices:
mega lower from JSE Surplus: 124 (backorderable)
lower build kit from PSA: 120 (not in stock today, but typically they have them once or twice a week)
Complete upper from JSE: 375 (in stock)

total: 619 plus shipping and FFL fees (10 bucks FFL fee for me)

Yikes! Looks like Buds is taking a page from Cheaper than Dirtbags. I really think this post and many like it need to be posted on FatWarehouse....where everything is a good deal if it's in stock.

pryan67 said:   Today's prices:
lower build kit from PSA: 120 (not in stock today, but typically they have them once or twice a week)

i dont see an upper in stock for 375>?

FYI this place is dropping high end ARs almost everyday.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Rifle-LLC/154574211269848

also good luck finding a mag for the home built models. That alone is gonna cost you $$$$

Stoodo said:   Supply and demand.

No this is a lie, this is demand is higher for no good reason but NRA scare tactics, and supply purposely staying the same in order to drive up prices and profit on a national tragedy.

umcsom said:   also good luck finding a mag for the home built models. That alone is gonna cost you $$$$

Why? Standard mags fit....and you can get them for ~15 bucks most of the time

pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   also good luck finding a mag for the home built models. That alone is gonna cost you $$$$

where... I can't find any.

legendps said:   pryan67 said:   Today's prices:

i dont see an upper in stock for 375>?

http://www.jsesurplus.com/16uppers.aspx

JSE 16" M4 (says out of stock, but they state on their home page that they are in stock and ready to ship)

umcsom said:   pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   also good luck finding a mag for the home built models. That alone is gonna cost you $$$$

Cabelas had them a week ago
athleticimpact.com had them yesterday
kesselrings.com had them for 19.95 a week ago...

they come in stock quite often

set a topic alert here of "ar-15" and "ar15" and you'll see them pop up

pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   also good luck finding a mag for the home built models. That alone is gonna cost you $$$$

So you are saying I can't buy any right now?

I can't make it my job to sit around and try to beat someone else to the item. You are starting to stretch the truth a little here.

My local gun shop/police supply puts 1 case of pmags out a day for $19.99. Limit 1 a day. I get 1 every day. Have plenty now. Check out the largest gun shop close by. The more volume they have done in the past, the better chance they will get stock first from suppliers. They have at least 1 complete AR & several uppers every day. Also PU Federal 5.56 for $8.99. Limit 2 a day on those

irishrob60 said:   My local gun shop/police supply puts 1 case of pmags out a day for $19.99. Limit 1 a day. I get 1 every day. Have plenty now. Check out the largest gun shop close by. The more volume they have done in the past, the better chance they will get stock first from suppliers. They have at least 1 complete AR & several uppers every day. Also PU Federal 5.56 for $8.99. Limit 2 a day on those

You should buy and resell... There are NONE around me. I can't find anything around me. There are a lot of yellow flags that fly around me though.

umcsom said:   pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   also good luck finding a mag for the home built models. That alone is gonna cost you $$$$

I can't make it my job to sit around and try to beat someone else to the item. You are starting to stretch the truth a little here.

how so? I said "you can get them for ~15 bucks most of the time"

I said nothing about "hell, they're available anyplace at any time for ~15 bucks"

I'm at work, and most places that sell them are blocked....and I don't feel like hacking around our proxy so I can hunt down magazines for you...I'd be happy to do so if you need me to though...

umcsom said:   irishrob60 said:   My local gun shop/police supply puts 1 case of pmags out a day for $19.99. Limit 1 a day. I get 1 every day. Have plenty now. Check out the largest gun shop close by. The more volume they have done in the past, the better chance they will get stock first from suppliers. They have at least 1 complete AR & several uppers every day. Also PU Federal 5.56 for $8.99. Limit 2 a day on those

You should buy and resell... There are NONE around me. I can't find anything around me. There are a lot of yellow flags that fly around me though.

Perhaps this is why you're having trouble finding them in stock in your LGS? Just a guess of course....

You will not be disappointed!

except for maybe the price...

i'll give it to you, at least they're in stock, but it burns my rearend when these people triple the price. yes, i do have a grasp on economics and the law of supply and demand, i also have a grasp on the law of customers will remember...

kevins7189 said:   Stoodo said:   Supply and demand.

No this is a lie, this is demand is higher for no good reason but NRA scare tactics, and supply purposely staying the same in order to drive up prices and profit on a national tragedy.

it's not scare tactics from the NRA, it's scare tactics directly from the president of the united states and all the other ass clowns on capitol hill!

How much the machine that stamps these receivers can cost ? I saw on eBay used CNC machines for $5K or something. How much to pay to buy a real one ? Can I install one in my basement and sell the things it produces ? Can you download a software online to operate CNC machine and stamp lower receivers ?

Stas1976 said:   How much the machine that stamps these receivers can cost ? I saw on eBay used CNC machines for $5K or something. How much to pay to buy a real one ? Can I install one in my basement and sell the things it produces ? Can you download a software online to operate CNC machine and stamp lower receivers ?

It takes a lot more than just a machine....assuming you know how to use it (or can hire someone who does), you'll need BATF approval, inspections, taxes, etc....

if you want to offer them for sale that is...for your own personal use....it's different, but I'm not a lawyer

pryan67 said:   Stas1976 said:   How much the machine that stamps these receivers can cost ? I saw on eBay used CNC machines for $5K or something. How much to pay to buy a real one ? Can I install one in my basement and sell the things it produces ? Can you download a software online to operate CNC machine and stamp lower receivers ?

It takes a lot more than just a machine....assuming you know how to use it (or can hire someone who does), you'll need BATF approval, inspections, taxes, etc....

if you want to offer them for sale that is...for your own personal use....it's different, but I'm not a lawyer

80% receivers do not need any approvals. It is not a firearm per say. It is just a chunk of metal. So assuming I am only making chunks of metal that visually resemble lower receiver. How much it would cost to setup the entire shop ? I am asking not because I am going to open one. Just curious how much markup those guys are making that have these receivers in stock.

Stas1976 said:   pryan67 said:   Stas1976 said:   How much the machine that stamps these receivers can cost ? I saw on eBay used CNC machines for $5K or something. How much to pay to buy a real one ? Can I install one in my basement and sell the things it produces ? Can you download a software online to operate CNC machine and stamp lower receivers ?

80% receivers do not need any approvals. It is not a firearm per say. It is just a chunk of metal. So assuming I am only making chunks of metal that visually resemble lower receiver. How much it would cost to setup the entire shop ? I am asking not because I am going to open one. Just curious how much markup those guys are making that have these receivers in stock.

I thought you were referring to completed ones..you're right, that technically 80% receivers don't require any approval...

I'd say that a higher end machine would cost half a million maybe? plus raw materials, etc...

my GUESS (without any real knowledge) is that a completed lower would cost about 50 bucks to manufacture.....figure only a few bucks less for an 80% (since there's not that much left to do once it's at 80%)

Alibaba says something around 30-40K each

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/370304628/CNC_Vertical_machine...

So even if it is double of that here. You pretty much need to sell around 400 receivers @300 to double your money (400*300=120'000). Nice!

kevins7189 said:   Stoodo said:   Supply and demand.

Porter's Five Forces is your friend, as is Google.

umcsom said:   pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   also good luck finding a mag for the home built models. That alone is gonna cost you $$$$

here you go....

15.99 each...in stock as of right now

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/c-products-defense-30rd...

pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   pryan67 said:   umcsom said:   also good luck finding a mag for the home built models. That alone is gonna cost you $$$$

here you go....

15.99 each...in stock as of right now

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/c-products-defense-30rd...

and gone before I could get to a computer..... even though I have alerts set up.

I would stay FAR FAR away from these lower receivers. AR57 put out a ton that were out of spec. I'm sure many people have stored them away and have no clue. Others are working on having the replaced, but that's not a risk I would take. HERE is one link to a discussion about it.

As for magazines, those with common sense will go to DSG Arms and backorder BLACK Pmags. You will get them, but I'd guess a 2 to 3 month wait at this point.

~150k for a decent CNC to mill out lowers. Then you have to pay an operator, buy all the cutting bits etc etc. You wouldn't be able to compete $$ wise with a company that casts them (way more $$$$).

DriversFound said:   I would stay FAR FAR away from these lower receivers. AR57 put out a ton that were out of spec. I'm sure many people have stored them away and have no clue. Others are working on having the replaced, but that's not a risk I would take. HERE is one link to a discussion about it.

As for magazines, those with common sense will go to DSG Arms and backorder BLACK Pmags. You will get them, but I'd guess a 2 to 3 month wait at this point.

Not sure why you gave me a negative rating, I'm a mechanical engineer who has designed a ton of machined parts. I know exactly how this kind of stuff works.

Skipping 3 Messages...
Bad price, but thanks for posting as it helps us see where the market is going.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014