• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Mag
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

At least they're only gouging by doubling the list price. Guess in degrees of price gouginess they are better than others

legirons said:   At least they're only gouging by doubling the list price. Guess in degrees of price gouginess they are better than others

It is not gouging, it is just supply and demand economics.

Richardito said:   legirons said:   At least they're only gouging by doubling the list price. Guess in degrees of price gouginess they are better than others

Doubling the price with no real shortage other than an industry or distributer created one is gouging in my book. I can't wait for all the people to be screaming when these return to the $12.95 price they should be for single purchase.

GOUGE GOUGE GOUGE

I ordered 40 from this site on 1/16/13. They show my order as "in progress". I have checked that site everyday, and they have never appeared to be out of stock. So...good luck?

I order a few more from Botach a week before all this broke and get an email every now and then saying they're working their way through the order and are sending them out as they come in. 3 for $32 with free shipping. That's not price gouging and if they show up, I'll just put them in the vault to protect them from loss or seizure.

OnedeeTentee said:   GOUGE GOUGE GOUGE

It is what it is, Market Price no reason to give a red.

I suppose if you compared that price against what the criminals are selling them for on eBay who aren't getting cancelled you are right.

legirons said:   Richardito said:   legirons said:   At least they're only gouging by doubling the list price. Guess in degrees of price gouginess they are better than others

Doubling the price with no real shortage other than an industry or distributer created one is gouging in my book. I can't wait for all the people to be screaming when these return to the $12.95 price they should be for single purchase.

There is a shortage, these things are flying off the shelves because people are concerned they they will be banned.

inventory has shown instock for weeks...not real time you will be placed on backorder

brettdoyle said:   legirons said:   Richardito said:   legirons said:   At least they're only gouging by doubling the list price. Guess in degrees of price gouginess they are better than others

There is a shortage, these things are flying off the shelves because people are concerned they they will be banned.

VP and congress reaffirmed today their intent that the mags are the #1 ban priority for them.

hammer45 said:   brettdoyle said:   legirons said:   Richardito said:   legirons said:   At least they're only gouging by doubling the list price. Guess in degrees of price gouginess they are better than others

VP and congress reaffirmed today their intent that the mags are the #1 ban priority for them.
Not exactly accurate. The VP and a few members of Congress proposed a bill. Big difference and they are still producing them.

Shipping for 4 is almost $16

The manufacturers have been holding the price line while the distributors have been packing it in peoples ***. Furthermore Magpul has been providing inventory forecasts and delivery dates. I have my lists and some suppliers will NEVER see a penny ever again.

rkfdspeed said:   The manufacturers have been holding the price line while the distributors have been packing it in peoples ***. Furthermore Magpul has been providing inventory forecasts and delivery dates. I have my lists and some suppliers will NEVER see a penny ever again.

are you saying magpul is going to blacklist some of these people?

I have noticed that threads with a gun related theme are getting reds. My understanding is, the vote cast is to evaluate the value of the deal, rather than content.

Maybe FW should implement a reason for giving red votes... other than, "I am against guns."

umcsom said:   rkfdspeed said:   The manufacturers have been holding the price line while the distributors have been packing it in peoples ***. Furthermore Magpul has been providing inventory forecasts and delivery dates. I have my lists and some suppliers will NEVER see a penny ever again.

are you saying magpul is going to blacklist some of these people?

That's what I'm upset about. Magpul didn't start charging these vendors $20 or $50 for a mag. For them to turn around and sell it for that is gouging, plain and simple. I won't red a deal for it because market pricing lets everyone decide the price they are ok with paying... but it is gouging.

There are a lot of online shooting sports dealers and the ones doing this deserve some pain as things go back to normal.

I spent a ton of money at CTD before all this madness and I will not be using them again unless their price is significantly less than anywhere else. Basically, I will treat them like Best Buy.

Brownells
honors backorders and holds the pricing. Cabela's and other major sites haven't changed their ammo prices a dime and have continued having sales and filling orders. There are tons of others out there treating people fairly during all of this. Give them your business.

Some producers should be charging more and some are - agreed there is some absurd prices and some cross the line - but they are paying extra employes in many cases and some are having to pay overtime - plus there is a possibility if something gets slapped in place they could get stuck with a ton of mags they cannot ship. Kudos to the companies that are taking the risk and keeping prices the same though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014