• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Title says it all

5,000 rounds High Velocity 40 - grain .22 LR Ammo

Linky

About 5 cents a round

The Sportsman's Guide
See The Sportsman's Guide discounts that earn Up to 5.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Ammo
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Wait... you are lying... We all know that SG hasn't shipped any ammo in months.. I've been waiting 5 months so far, yet ... (more)

ZombieHunter (Apr. 13, 2013 @ 8:25a) |

And in an interesting twist, I got my magazines today. So I don't know what this July ship date letter was all about.

VicVinegar (Apr. 13, 2013 @ 4:37p) |

I have been a member for a couple years. All my orders have been great. The ammo craze has put all the good stuff into... (more)

TheEliteOne (Apr. 13, 2013 @ 5:33p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"Expected availabity July 22"

Pass

delivery in July!

fud2 said:   delivery in July!
sorry, missed that!

Checked some 9mm. Says Oct 2013. Really pretty funny.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a round of ammo today.

I have some very bad luck with the "Sportsman's Guide". They do have a customer service department....but they are uninformed and don't know anything about the products they sell or the "deals" they throw out there to bring in new customers/members......I don't like this company.

Too long to wait.

Tried to jump on this companies "deals" about a month ago. Got suckered into joining their club for $29 for some additional coupons and discounts. Strangely, that is the only thing I've actually received since my first purchase. Literally every order I have placed in the last month has had been backordered or had the original expected ship date pushed back anywhere from a month to three months.

I have since given up on even bothering to order from this crappy company again, and will consider my $29 loss for joining their useless club a "lesson fee".

FatWalker said:   I have some very bad luck with the "Sportsman's Guide". They do have a customer service department....but they are uninformed and don't know anything about the products they sell or the "deals" they throw out there to bring in new customers/members......I don't like this company.

concur. I ordered an in-wall Homak cabinet/safe from them and it was damaged in transit. The second one was damaged in transit. In the end, the only way they could get one to me was if I paid extra for "premium" packaging (double boxed). Why carry products as a mail order company that are damaged 100% of the time in transit? Makes no sense.

Their membership is returnable from my understanding:

From their website:
100% Savings Guaranteed! YOU CANíT LOSE! Itís just $29.99 for a full year and your Club Membership is 100% guaranteed! ďIf for any reason during the year, you donít believe youíre saving the cost of your Club Membership or more, you may cancel it, and weíll refund your membership fee, minus any savings you may have received. You donít risk a penny.Ē

So if you've spent less than $300 you'd come out ahead cancelling your membership.

Given the market this is the norm with ammo. For the packing damage that is not good but at least they did ship another, I would have said fine cancel and refund on that. To their credit I once did an order and they emailed me after the fact that I can get a membership for just $6 more and that it would get me free shipping which was $10 on that order. I bit and saved $5 and got it free. At that rate its a deal for sure.

Ordered 1. They won't charge you until they ship the ammo. It gives you the option to lock up the low price today for the ammo you buy 6 months later,and of course you can always cancel the order before they ship it if the price drops...

FWIW - I have a membership before the "madness" started, and never had a problem.

good deal if you can wait

maxcom said:   "Expected availabity July 22"

Pass

No kidding, i bought these in November, and still waiting. They need to stop selling, until they can catch up on backorders.

QBiceman said:   Their membership is returnable from my understanding:

From their website:
100% Savings Guaranteed! YOU CANíT LOSE! Itís just $29.99 for a full year and your Club Membership is 100% guaranteed! ďIf for any reason during the year, you donít believe youíre saving the cost of your Club Membership or more, you may cancel it, and weíll refund your membership fee, minus any savings you may have received. You donít risk a penny.Ē

So if you've spent less than $300 you'd come out ahead cancelling your membership.

very true.....I just got my member fee back from them after a minor battle.

FYI....ur not locked into a price if you buy now. They sent out an email saying they may change price at any time due to panic prices and supply....they have changed my order date on all ammo orders I have with them at least twice. Seriously ordered in Nov and early Dec 12

I've had 800 rds of .223 and some 30 rd mags on backorder since December, and the estimated ship date has been pushed back a couple of times...it's now end of June! They even contacted me once to confirm that I wanted to keep the backorder open. I'm not holding my breath, but will just wait it out. SG does tend to backorder a lot, but in all fairness it's probably the ridiculous demand that's behind most of the problem.

FatWalker said:   QBiceman said:   Their membership is returnable from my understanding:

From their website:

Looks like I might be doing the same. I ordered a bunch of magazines that were expected on Feb. 6. Nothing so far, and I think we just blew by another supposed delivery date for them. Didn't even get my mandated "pushback" email. Membership is worthless seeing the only thing I've actually got out of the order was like $5.

VicVinegar said:   FatWalker said:   QBiceman said:   Their membership is returnable from my understanding:

From their website:

Looks like I might be doing the same. I ordered a bunch of magazines that were expected on Feb. 6. Nothing so far, and I think we just blew by another supposed delivery date for them. Didn't even get my mandated "pushback" email. Membership is worthless seeing the only thing I've actually got out of the order was like $5.

Got the same luck with my 9mm ammo I purchased a week ago. They were saying March 13, now it is March 25 tentatively. Not sure what is going on with them. They ruining their reputation promising dates they could not fulfill by.

I bought back in November.... so it's really nice that they are selling these again, since I still haven't received my order... These guys are scammers.

My luck with them has been very mixed. However, they've never billed until ready to ship, and they've sent me more than not. And the Stuff I've bought has been well worth the membership fee and discount.

Backordering has always been a part of their model, But since they don't bill until they ship, and once your order is in your price is locked in. The only way you lose is if you end up with more ammo than you want.

skansiewicz said:   

Backordering has always been a part of their model, But since they don't bill until they ship, and once your order is in your price is locked in. The only way you lose is if you end up with more ammo than you want.

Maybe you haven't read their new statement;

PLEASE NOTE: Our apologies, but due to extremely high demand, some of our suppliers are unable to provide us with reliable shipping dates for some of the backordered items below. As a result, shipment of these items could be delayed beyond the stated availability date. In addition, because some suppliers have indicated they may change our costs without notice, our prices on some backordered products may be subject to change. We remain dedicated to providing you with the highest quality products available at the lowest prices anywhere.

mjf55 said:   Checked some 9mm. Says Oct 2013. Really pretty funny.

Actually, if you already have ammo on hand, and want to shoot now, but still have ammo later, this is perfect. I have an outstanding order through SMG, for 9mm ammo, that will deliver in May. Do I need it now? NO. Will I need it then? Probably not....but it's nice to know that I got it ordered at a good price, SMG doesn't cancel an order as unavailable, only to re-list it at a higher price, and I'll have some ammo coming in sometime in the foreseeable future, that was ordered last month.

Must plan for the future, right?

ZombieHunter said:   skansiewicz said:   

Maybe you haven't read their new statement;

PLEASE NOTE: Our apologies, but due to extremely high demand, some of our suppliers are unable to provide us with reliable shipping dates for some of the backordered items below. As a result, shipment of these items could be delayed beyond the stated availability date. In addition, because some suppliers have indicated they may change our costs without notice, our prices on some backordered products may be subject to change. We remain dedicated to providing you with the highest quality products available at the lowest prices anywhere.

Wow they are trying to get the cake and eat it too. Another company to add to the (do not buy from) list. Pass up other deals on ammo thinking you are set with your order, and then they jack up the price. Crazy!

MarvKaboom said:   mjf55 said:   Checked some 9mm. Says Oct 2013. Really pretty funny.

Actually, if you already have ammo on hand, and want to shoot now, but still have ammo later, this is perfect. I have an outstanding order through SMG, for 9mm ammo, that will deliver in May. Do I need it now? NO. Will I need it then? Probably not....but it's nice to know that I got it ordered at a good price, SMG doesn't cancel an order as unavailable, only to re-list it at a higher price, and I'll have some ammo coming in sometime in the foreseeable future, that was ordered last month.

Must plan for the future, right?

My problem is that the estimated date seems to carry no weight. October will become December, then February.

I bought stuff from them before. Always got my stuff in a reasonable time. You can always cancel that club membership minus the savings you get when you order stuff at club prices. So far, I've saved more then enough on purchases. You just have to know how to shop around. Dont buy something just because, buy stuff you need or can make money off of.

With that being said, their customer service is pretty good. Always answered my question and even canceled and order my gf ordered for me . ( She used a member's coupon code and since she wasnt a member, she cant). Oh wells, no biggy.

rdnzl said:   I've had 800 rds of .223 and some 30 rd mags on backorder since December, and the estimated ship date has been pushed back a couple of times...it's now end of June! They even contacted me once to confirm that I wanted to keep the backorder open. I'm not holding my breath, but will just wait it out. SG does tend to backorder a lot, but in all fairness it's probably the ridiculous demand that's behind most of the problem.

Same boat.

I got my AR mags from January a couple weeks ago. I just got a letter about the 33rd Glock mags, saying it won't be until July now. Same order as the AR mags. I think I saw on SlickGuns that they were selling those Glock mags right now, so I'm not sure why mine are MIA until July. Maybe I didn't pay enough to get them now.

I ordered some .223 ammo on blackfriday and recieved it on april 2, 2013. Just be patient with them and your items will arrive eventually.

I've ordered from them a couple times recently, haven't had the issues others are dealing with. 1 item was in stock and shipped quickly, another was already backordered when I placed the order. The company contacted me that my backorder date was going to be pushed back. Especially in this time of high demand, low supply, backorder dates being pushed back are going to happen. I didn't sign up for their Member's club with my 2 orders, but they contacted me after the fact and offered retro savings if I joined. I'm satisfied with them, and would recommend the company for anyone on the fence.

Before the current panic, I bought a lot of Russian ammo from them and ponied up for the club and took plenty of advantage of the pricing. Now, the backorders are out of control. I have about 4000 rounds on permanent back order, but the price is locked in, if it ever ships.

SG will ship different ammo from what you ordered and then refuse to take it back.
Scum vendor.

fatboy58 said:   SG will ship different ammo from what you ordered and then refuse to take it back.
Scum vendor.

Wait... you are lying... We all know that SG hasn't shipped any ammo in months.. I've been waiting 5 months so far, yet they continue to take orders..

VicVinegar said:   I got my AR mags from January a couple weeks ago. I just got a letter about the 33rd Glock mags, saying it won't be until July now. Same order as the AR mags. I think I saw on SlickGuns that they were selling those Glock mags right now, so I'm not sure why mine are MIA until July. Maybe I didn't pay enough to get them now.

And in an interesting twist, I got my magazines today. So I don't know what this July ship date letter was all about.

I have been a member for a couple years. All my orders have been great. The ammo craze has put all the good stuff into back order. They are great to deal with otherwise.

Dave

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014