• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Edit: This is for the physical PC copy only. The download only gives a $5 credit.

Best deal I've found on this package. Plus it gets you into the Beta this weekend (more of a demo than a beta really). Game is releasing March 5th.

Get a $20 credit, access to the beta and the Limited Edition
Pre-order SimCity and receive a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, gift cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android Apps). Also, while supplies last, pre-order SimCity and get access to the beta, taking place January 25 - 27, 2013. Instructions for taking part in the SimCity beta will be emailed to you within 24 hours of placing your order. Pre-orders also get the Limited Edition Heroes & Villains content including new characters, crime waves, a Super Hero HQ and an Evil Villain Lair. The content will be available in the product packaging. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Code for $20 promotional credit will be emailed within two days after your order ships. Limited to one per customer. For more details on the beta, please visit http://www.simcity.com/betadisclaimer.

LINKY

Limited Edition includes Heros and Villains DLC - Limited Edition Bonus Content

New Characters - Protector of SimCity MaxisMan vs. The Evil Dr. Vu and his henchman.
Crime Waves - The Evil Dr. Vu is loose and will create havoc in your city. Normal police have their hands full against this Super Villain. The Evil Dr. Vu will solicit Sims to become his henchmen and carry out his dastardly deeds.
Super Hero HQ - Place MaxisMan's headquarters in your city to combat crime and keep your Sims safe. Upgrade with the Turbo Machine garage and the Reticulator landing pad.
Evil Villain Lair - Place Dr. Vu's Lair in your city to unleash a crime wave. As The Evil Dr. Vu commits more crimes, upgrade his lair with a special laboratory and a garage for the Evil VuMobile.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

simcity
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm pretty excited for this. But I'm also preparing myself to be disappointed. It looks good to be sure but it's going to be hard to beat the game play of SC2000.

In any case, a grand deal! Thanks!

need to dig out my disc of simcity and simcity 2000 and compare. Wasn't aware a new one was being released.

wonder what the tornadoes will look like?

I never buy games due to mostly are shooters, but this one I HAVE to buy.

I was excited about this game until they announced that internet-connection is required every time you launch the game (even if you just want to play single player): http://kotaku.com/5915377/like-diablo-iii-sim-city-will-require-...

Since I like to play on my train commutes (no wifi) that's a deal breaker for me.

I'm only getting a $5 credit.

Yuyak said:   I was excited about this game until they announced that internet-connection is required every time you launch the game (even if you just want to play single player): http://kotaku.com/5915377/like-diablo-iii-sim-city-will-require-...

Since I like to play on my train commutes (no wifi) that's a deal breaker for me.

I love Sim City and I was going to buy this new version but this kills it for me. Thanks for posting this.

Yuyak said:   I was excited about this game until they announced that internet-connection is required every time you launch the game (even if you just want to play single player): http://kotaku.com/5915377/like-diablo-iii-sim-city-will-require-...

Man up and get a USB 4G connection. They even have some "free" ones (freedompop?) with 2GB a month or something like that ($100 deposit for the hardware, I think).

Danzilla said:   Yuyak said:   I was excited about this game until they announced that internet-connection is required every time you launch the game (even if you just want to play single player): http://kotaku.com/5915377/like-diablo-iii-sim-city-will-require-...

Man up and get a USB 4G connection. They even have some "free" ones with 2GB a month or something like that ($100 deposit for the hardware, I think).
Heh. Well I actually do have FreedomPop ($100 for device, 500mb/month free) and it's great on my train if all I want to do is check email and surf the web. However, the coverage is somewhat spotty and there are definitely patches where it cuts out along the CalTrain tracks. Based on the article I posted above it's unclear how that kind of spotty connection will be handled on their end.

As an aside, I'm perfectly fine with gaming industry coming up with reasonable measures to prevent piracy (Steam is a great example). This goes a little too far for my liking.

Has anyone that ordered got the beta invite? I ordered and have not got one yet

Agree. One thing I like about games like this is that I don't need to be online to have a good time. Personally I still find SC4 fun.

I spent years playing simcity 2000. Then 3 years ago I discovered Tropico 3 and that was a turning point in my life in terms of city/community building games. I will e happy if anyone with the beta can provide a short comparison of the old simcities, this new one, and the tropicos.

Be careful that you pick the physical preorder. The digital download version only has a $5 credit.

zervun said:   Has anyone that ordered got the beta invite? I ordered and have not got one yet

I received my beta key very quickly in an email from Amazon.

I've played the "beta" a few times and I'm really excited to get the game. I understand everyone's concern about being on the internet, but I would look a bit foolish on the move with my desktop so It's just not a problem for me. The graphics are great and the simulation will have a new depth due to the sharing among cities.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014