• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newegg has a Free G.SKILL 8GB memory offer w/ purchase of several models of AM3+ motherboard.
eg:
The MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS is at $79.99 with a $7.56 shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130637

Member Summary

MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice, except the memory is a single DIMM not a 2x4GB kit, so you will need to buy another at $40.

chibimike said:   Nice, except the memory is a single DIMM not a 2x4GB kit, so you will need to buy another at $40.

>> so you will need to buy another to utilize dual channel (read:faster) memory speeds

As a footnote, Gskil rocks customer service in comparison to my recent experiences with Crucial.

Any comment on the cpu and board? One of my children have all but maxxed out the hand-me-down P4 3.2 + 2gb mem + Nvidia 256MB GPU for playing semi-recent games.

Logan71 said:   

Any comment on the cpu and board? One of my children have all but maxxed out the hand-me-down P4 3.2 + 2gb mem + Nvidia 256MB GPU for playing semi-recent games.

I don't know what CPU you are talking about but I just installed this board with and FX 4100, Gskill Ripjaws and everything went smoothly. Still installing software so can't comment on speed yet. I think it is a lot of MB for the price.

If you don't want the ram you can get it at superbiiz for $10 less using the yay9ers $6 off code...

Supports SLI! Nice.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014