Voting History
rated:

Combo Pack
Disclaimer
Sanyo "eneloop" Rechargeable Battery Combination Package

8 AA eneloop recharegable batteries
2 AAA eneloop recharegable batteries
1 Sanyo NI-MH four-position charger
2 C spacers (each allows an AA to be used where C size battery required)
2 D spacers (each allows an AA to be used where D size battery required)

$23.99 at Costco Warehouses
less $4 IR
= $19.99 (+ applicable sales tax)

(YMMV on Cstco Warehouse stock and IR)

Item # 704479

Member Summary

Sanyo "eneloop" Rechargeable Battery Combination Package
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just wanted to jump in to say I love these batteries! I bought a similar set over 2 years ago, and have yet to use a single disposable battery since! Although I have bought add'l Sanyo batteries and an extra charger recently, I've more than recouped the cost of the rechargeable batteries.

I second the above, although I have the Duracell version of these (same battery, different covering)

I'll be very happy if the spacers are included again at my Costco!!

I decided to brave the weekend Costco crowds and found the eneloops. They have the eneloops with the spacers, just as described above. Thanks, OP!!

Does anyone know the Model # on the Charger that is included with this set?

cooper said:   Does anyone know the Model # on the Charger that is included with this set?

Appears to be "The new 4 position charger (Model # MQN06) does have world-wide voltage. You will need to purchase adapters to convert the plug to international standards."
http://us.sanyo.com/eneloop/FAQs

See picture of Combo pack added in OP
and
here http://us.sanyo.com/Battery-Products/4-Position-Charger-Set for charger with 4 AA batteries

FWIW, similar combination (two extra AAA but no "spacers") for $45.99 here (01/26/2013): http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop-Charger-Rechargeable-Batteri...

Not a Costco member or would have snagged a few of these.

What are spacers?
I'm thinking that the incorrect word is being used to describe the "C" and "D" cell battery adapters.

I may well be using the wrong term for them. They are sort of "sleeves" that the AA batteries can be slid into and used when C or D batteries are needed.

Sounds like you have the most correct term for them.

The batteries themselves fit as AAs. So these allow for more flexibility. (And this configuration includes a couple AAAs, too.)

nascarfrk said:   What are spacers?
I'm thinking that the incorrect word is being used to describe the "C" and "D" cell battery adapters.

"Spacers" are the term used by Sanyo, eneloop manufacturer, for those "items" on the package, presumably the fill the space around a AA battery that would be left when used in some requiring a C or D battery. "Adapter" is on the item itself. "Sleeve" seem just as appropriate a description. You should be able to see pictures of the "spacers" in the lower left and lower right of the image added to OP.

horizon6 said:   nascarfrk said:   What are spacers?

"Spacers" are the term used by Sanyo, eneloop manufacturer, for those "items", presumably the fill the space around a AA battery that would be left when used in some requiring a C or D battery. But adpater or sleeve seem just as appropriate. You should be able to see pictures of the "spacers" in the lower left and lower right of the image added to OP.
Yep, I was right. The picture definately says "adapter". Thanks for directing me to the pic.
I'm buying a bunch of these! Thanks OP

KYBOSH said:   Not a Costco member or would have snagged a few of these.

No matter! Find a kind stranger in line to buy them for you and you give that person the cash. I did.

However, beware of the mean-spirited jerks who will treat you like you are doing something wrong. You might have to ask a few before finding a yes. Dont let the cashier know or they will try to nix the deal. You shouldnt have to pay a store for the privilege of buying things.

zubba said:   KYBOSH said:   Not a Costco member or would have snagged a few of these.

No matter! Find a kind stranger in line to buy them for you and you give that person the cash. I did.

However, beware of the mean-spirited jerks who will treat you like you are doing something wrong. You might have to ask a few before finding a yes. Dont let the cashier know or they will try to nix the deal. You shouldnt have to pay a store for the privilege of buying things.

You do not not have to pay a store for the privilege of buying things. You shop elsewhere that has a different business model.

The membership fee that the others pay to shop at Costco is what allows Costco to stay in business while offering very low everyday prices, just like on this item. Yes, you are doing something wrong - asking others to pay your fair share if you make the choice to use the privilege of shopping at Costco.

My local Costco had them in stock and I was going to buy it but then I remembered that I have the original set that came in the blue case with white colored eneloops that Costco originally sold a while ago. I also have a set of the new blue colored eneloops that they sold that just came with the charger but no adapters or battery holder.

nascarfrk said:   What are spacers?

Except they don't really do anything but hold the AA in the right position in the bigger space. Thus calling them spacers is quite reasonable.

Thanks for the heads-up on this great deal. I was able to return 2 packages of AA batteries (10 in each package) and 2 chargers that I bought about a week ago, but had yet to open. For $12 less, I got the same number of batteries (4 AAAs instead of 4 more AAs) and the spacers. I thought the C & D spacers were long gone and was really pleased to see them return to stores.

I tried using the D spacers for a Maglite but found that the contacts don't touch the AA battery.

Model NC-MQN0D6U is the Charger number

FYI, this package only has 2 each "C" and 2 each "D" spacers. The original white eneloop batteries w/charger combo had 4 each of the "C" and "D" spacers. Also, the charger hasn't changed. It still requires 2 batteries to be charged at a time.

kshell said:   FYI, this package only has 2 each "C" and 2 each "D" spacers. The original white eneloop batteries w/charger combo had 4 each of the "C" and "D" spacers. Also, the charger hasn't changed. It still requires 2 batteries to be charged at a time.

It is what it is.

It isn't what it isn't.

It doesn't claim otherwise.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014