• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
see the Textlink

it appears to be a nice deal for me. Playbook is ilkely to be supported by the new operating system BB10 that will be released at the end of this month.

Free shipping. Also, you can earn 5% through discover credit card.

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Blackberry Playbook 16G
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Could this tablet be use with any custom ROMs?
Thanks.

Thanks 1 for my kids !!

Actually I saw a deal on this somewhere for like $80 yesterday. But that was yesterday and I'm too lazy to search. BTW, I have this and wouldn't recommend it for anyone who doesn't have a bberry phone that you can tether it to. It's okay for kids but they're gonna wonder why they can't get all of their favorite games and you'll wonder why the games are $5-10 each!

fatwallet2012 said:   see the Textlink

it appears to be a nice deal for me. Playbook is ilkely to be supported by the new operating system BB10 that will be released at the end of this month.

I'm trying to figure out RIM on that point. On one hand, if they announce they will support BB10 on the Playbook, people will rush to buy at $99 and not buy their newest device (probably listing for $350). So maybe they're waiting to sell a bunch first and then release to the Playbook in a few months...after hackers already have it working?!

For 100 dollars this thing has incredible fire power. I have a 64gb and it's great for watching movies and storing my media. Thanks for the heads up OP!

I read somewhere ( can't find it now ) that only the 32 and 64 gb models would support the upgrade to 10. Does anyone have any info on that?

What about bestbuy 50 dollar mastercard deal? is it still going on???

Bestbuy put a sign up on the door indicating that the printing on the $50 deal was incorrect. The sale was one day only instead of ending on 27-JAN.

kfer said:   For 100 dollars this thing has incredible fire power. I have a 64gb and it's great for watching movies and storing my media. Thanks for the heads up OP!

watching movies? does it mean you have to have downloadable ones, because I though Netflix, hulu or Amazon VOD don't work with playbook?

what are u using is there a player that works on playbook for encoded files like mxplayer on android?

Good price, but other than the Best Buy 30 day return policy there's no warranty...

This thing is like trash. Not worth $99.

Can I install android apps?

$129 when I go to the link...what am I missing?

Same here...Once I put it in the cart, it shows up at $129..

After clearing my browser Cache and restarting my browser...it is now $99

In for one. Anyone find a CyanogenMod or other Android root for this?

ive had a 64gb version of this along with several android tabs and ipads. in fairness the app store is weak compared to other platforms. HOWEVER, the browser in the playbook is better than any other platform IMO including flash playback. Therefore you really dont need a lot of apps just create shortcuts to your favorite sites on the app page and you are good to go. If you are looking for games youll be disappointed but as a productivity tool and web surfer its a solid unit. speaker placement/sound is awesome...is there really a media player like mxplayer on android which will play any file format that can be thrown at it??? i couldnt find one

That being said, i did also read/hear that only the 32/64gb versions of the playbook will support the upcoming upgrade to bbos10 some time before the end of 2013 and the 16gb would be excluded. Im sure someone will come out with a hacked scaled down version to run on it...speculation.

Amazon kindle fire can be had for under 100 now with similar specs and with a one click root u can turn it into basically a nexus7...8gb internal storgage only. weigh your options

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.