• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microsoft is running a deal for Windows 8 Pro upgrade for $39.99 until Jan 31st. No rebat require. This is for an online upgrade. If you ad DVD media then it is $69.99.

Microsoft Store
See Microsoft Store discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

windows
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can't wait till they start pushing out updates to make 7 slow...

yakky said:   Can't wait till they start pushing out updates to make 7 slow...

I'm not the only one that sees that happening too... such a scam they got going there...

This windows 8 upgrade for $14.99 still works fatwallet deal

MS is nothing but greedy scamming fools. I purchased a computer with plain Win 8 recently. #1=was irritated no Media center built in. #2=VERY irritated I could not buy the Media pack without buying the Win 8 Pro upgrade first. #3=ANGRY when I decided to bite the bullet and spend $40 to get Pro version just to get Media pack.VERY angry when the web site told me I could NOT even buy the Pro upgrade for "This Country/region....they want me to pay $70 instead of the special price of $40...this is all from official Microsoft web sites.I refuse to be SCAMMED by such underhanded greedy @#$%%...they lose out on the $40 I was willing to pay those Extortionists plus I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from them again if I have a choice. sigh

jimmyzshack said:   This windows 8 upgrade for $14.99 still works fatwallet deal

The deal "works" if you recently bought a new computer. If you didn't, the fraud part is not worth mentioning.

My post says CLEARLY that my new computer came with Win 8,in fact I stupidly waited for Win 8. OK,I can take a Little Greed,and would pay extra for the Media Pack,but they will NOT sell it unless you buy the Win Pro upgrade version first. Then they refuse to let me do that for the $40 offer on their official web site. They want me to pay $70!...just to get the Media pack that used to be free. $14.99 is for the Win 7 owners. I think its MS that is guilty of the FRAUD. heh

texx52 said:   My post says CLEARLY that my new computer came with Win 8,in fact I stupidly waited for Win 8.

Who are you talking to ?

to respoc...and who were YOU talking to in even mentioning Fraud? The poster right below mine just mentioned an offer was available to Win 7 buyers. Why are YOU throwing the word Fraud around? Its Microsoft that is guilty of FRAUD in my situation. lol

I sense that W8 = Vista (i.e. disaster, both technology and sales-wise). If not for pre-installed W8 on new machines (i.e. they force customers to get W8) their sales figures would be sh!t.

texx52 said:   to respoc...and who were YOU talking to in even mentioning Fraud? The poster right below mine just mentioned an offer was available to Win 7 buyers. Why are YOU throwing the word Fraud around? Its Microsoft that is guilty of FRAUD in my situation. lol

I know you are new...but your ability to follow a thread (and get my username correct) is atrocious. If you follow my reply...I quoted "jimmyzshack." Unless you have multiple personalities (and fatwallet accounts)...you are not him.

to RESPDOC...awwwww sorry i missed 1 letter of your name....typos=the last resort attack of a snob, rather pitiful. lol...frankly I was not sure if you were taking a backdoor swing at me since the poster you were "supposedly" responding to,just simply stated that an offer for $14.99 was still available. Why would you even mention Fraud? Are you a frustrated WannaBe Cop that likes to challenge posters just for a cheap thrill? lol

texx52 said:   to RESPDOC...awwwww sorry i missed 1 letter of your name....typos=the last resort attack of a snob, rather pitiful. lol...frankly I was not sure if you were taking a backdoor swing at me since the poster you were "suposedly" responding to,just simply stated that an offer for $14.99 was still available. Why would you even mention Fraud? Are you a frustrated WannaBe Cop that likes to challenge posters just for a cheap thrill? lol?

If your inabilities also include not being able to click on a linked thread and read it....I am unable to help you.

respdoc..Well I am not a regular poster but I can read you like a book. As we say in Texas,it looks like you are getting a bit too big for your britches. heh

texx52 said:   respdoc..Well I am not a regular poster but I can read you like a book. As we say in Texas,it looks like you are getting a bit too big for your britches. heh

More reading...less yapping...might be your best course of action..instead of repeatedly posting nonsensical replies. I wish you luck.

OP...this deal has been around since 8 was released. Is this new news to you ?

texx52 said:    I decided to bite the bullet and spend $40 to get Pro version just to get Media pack.VERY angry when the web site told me I could NOT even buy the Pro upgrade for "This Country/region....they want me to pay $70 instead of the special price of $40...this is all from official Microsoft web sites.

I'm having the same problem but the work around seems to be downloading the "assistant" app and setting it to windows XP SP3 compatibility, i've been able to bypass that error.

hlink

Racerbob said:   OP...this deal has been around since 8 was released. Is this new news to you ?

Yes it is new to me thank you very much...

They'd have to pay me. Even then, I'd quickly roll back.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014