• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Subway " FebruANY " Five Dollar Regular Footlong Or Six Dollar Special Footlongs

It is reported over at grubgrade.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/364216397019004/

http://grubgrade.com/2013/01/27/februany-five-dollar-footlong-de...

http://www.foodbeat.com/food-news/subway-5-dollar-footlong-any-s...

Time to capitalize on the shortest month of the year with Subway’s FebruAny promotion. It originally started out as the “any Five Dollar Footlong” promotion right? Well times change and the sign makes mention of “Regular Footlongs” and “Special Footlongs”. So an extra buck will get you something special I guess. FebruAny starts this Friday.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Ah...*this* is why I like FW people!

Mean estimates of the difference in calories and weight would really take the cake! ... (more)

itsausername (Feb. 25, 2013 @ 6:50p) |

Add to this the savvy observation (not originally mine) that they don't tend to err on the side of 13 inches, just the s... (more)

itsausername (Feb. 25, 2013 @ 6:52p) |

Touche, but the analogy follows that the 2x4 measure is width/depth and not length; it's length that is not rounded up..... (more)

itsausername (Feb. 25, 2013 @ 6:59p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hmm wonder if the club is 5 or 6 dolla

Is this for an actual foot long or the 11" sandwich they normal serve?

Five Dollar Regular Footlong = 11''
Or
Six Dollar Special Footlongs = 12''

Seriously I could care less about that hoopla re: length. Last thing I want or am worried about with their subs is more bread.

Hah - great deal but I wonder how many Subways are "participating". I can never find one that actually abides by the offers I see advertised.

This $5 footlong reputation has become a scam, IMHO, because they are all back to regular menu pricing and there is little consistency between stores. Obviously this is due to franchising but it is still not very fair to the customer.

Several around here also either do not accept credit cards or claim their CC machines are "broken" when you go to pay, which also means you can't use gift cards and have to surrender cash if you are lucky enough to have enough on you to cover their high prices. Dealing with Subway is like dealing with taxi cab drivers.

This isn't cheap anymore. The $2 special they had before or whatever it was (never made it in for it) was a deal.

I'm surprised some lawyer didn't commence a class action against them for the extra inch, and for millions and millions of the resulting settlement for himself, resulting in a $7 foot long for the rest of us.

JaxFL said:   Five Dollar Regular Footlong = 11''
Or

Seriously I could care less about that hoopla re: length. Last thing I want or am worried about with their subs is more bread.

Doesn't matter if some of us care of not, but its more than 8% less material than promissed.

The special footlongs have an odor of meat. You might be able to taste it.

This 12 inch hoopla is nonsense. If they wanted to cheat the customers they would make the bread shorter, ie not as tall, instead of cutting the width of the bread. They could take the 11" dough and stretch it out just a bit. Since the bread is hand made it will never be the same size consistently.

vwbeetlvr said:   This 12 inch hoopla is nonsense. If they wanted to cheat the customers they would make the bread shorter, ie not as tall, instead of cutting the width of the bread. They could take the 11" dough and stretch it out just a bit. Since the bread is hand made it will never be the same size consistently.except that it was consistently found that the subs were 11" rather than 12". that adds up when you sell millions of subs.

I can't find a Subway owned by an American. It's like they warp you to India every time you walk through the door.

vwbeetlvr said:   This 12 inch hoopla is nonsense...<snip>....... Since the bread is hand made it will never be the same size consistently.

the funny thing is i don't remember reading that just as many people reported getting 13" footlongs

vwbeetlvr said:   This 12 inch hoopla is nonsense. If they wanted to cheat the customers they would make the bread shorter, ie not as tall, instead of cutting the width of the bread. They could take the 11" dough and stretch it out just a bit. Since the bread is hand made it will never be the same size consistently.

I doubt if their bread is handmade, it would be almost impossible to do that with the number of sandwiches they sell.

cows123 said:   I'm surprised some lawyer didn't commence a class action against them for the extra inch, and for millions and millions of the resulting settlement for himself, resulting in a $7 foot long for the rest of us.

Subway Class action Lawsuits

What are special footlongs?

vwbeetlvr said:   This 12 inch hoopla is nonsense. If they wanted to cheat the customers they would make the bread shorter, ie not as tall, instead of cutting the width of the bread. They could take the 11" dough and stretch it out just a bit. Since the bread is hand made it will never be the same size consistently.

Actually none of the bread at Subway is “hand made” at least in the traditional from raw ingredients sense. The raw dough is delivered to Subway franchisees frozen in 12" precut dough portions from Subway processing centers. Once the dough is “thawed” and allowed to rise by the franchisee in their pre-oven(s) each Subway franchisee then “makes” the different roll varieties by adding the top ingredients (ie cheese , oats, brand, etc..) and then the bread is baked for use. The process is supposed to ensure consistency between Subway franchisees but some franchisees will cut corners to save time and not allow bread to properly rise in the pre-oven which accounts for the shorter rolls.

ach1199 said:   cows123 said:   I'm surprised some lawyer didn't commence a class action against them for the extra inch, and for millions and millions of the resulting settlement for himself, resulting in a $7 foot long for the rest of us.

Subway Class action Lawsuits

Watch and learn as these cases are all dismissed before they even get anywhere. Advertising a "footlong" sub and giving 11 inches to customers is simply an advertising methodology and minor eggagerations such as this have always been ruled legal in the past.

vks22 said:   JaxFL said:   Five Dollar Regular Footlong = 11''
Or

Doesn't matter if some of us care of not, but its more than 8% less material than promissed.

SIZE DOES MATTER, at least that is what she said.

'footlong' is not even a word.

There will be a lot of us giving out footlongs on February 14th.....well at least that is what we will tell people....

So it's 5.00 and 6.00 depending on the class of sub, so the BMT is 6.25 and now it's 6.00, so .25 off.. Hmmmmm

Dil

vwbeetlvr said:   Since the bread is hand made it will never be the same size consistently.

If that was the only issue, then the distribution of the lengths would follow a bell shaped curve centered over 12". Since it doesn't, the inference is that the system is skewed.

bugsie said:   Watch and learn as these cases are all dismissed before they even get anywhere. Advertising a "footlong" sub and giving 11 inches to customers is simply an advertising methodology and minor eggagerations such as this have always been ruled legal in the past.

And if they do get anywhere, the lawyers will get millions and everyone else will get a coupon for a free footlong sub of their choice.

darius11 said:   Hah - great deal but I wonder how many Subways are "participating". I can never find one that actually abides by the offers I see advertised.

This $5 footlong reputation has become a scam, IMHO, because they are all back to regular menu pricing and there is little consistency between stores. Obviously this is due to franchising but it is still not very fair to the customer.

Several around here also either do not accept credit cards or claim their CC machines are "broken" when you go to pay, which also means you can't use gift cards and have to surrender cash if you are lucky enough to have enough on you to cover their high prices. Dealing with Subway is like dealing with taxi cab drivers.

I rarely carry cash, if they did this to me they'd be wasting a sub as I would have to walk after it was made.

mannyv said:   bugsie said:   Watch and learn as these cases are all dismissed before they even get anywhere. Advertising a "footlong" sub and giving 11 inches to customers is simply an advertising methodology and minor eggagerations such as this have always been ruled legal in the past.

And if they do get anywhere, the lawyers will get millions and everyone else will get a coupon for a free footlong sub of their choice.

But they won't...which is my point.

The difference between $5 and $6? For the extra $1 they will guarantee it is no less than exactly 12" long.

Sorry, this might be the dumbest thing I've read. Do you think they Subway sells their franchise to illegal immigrants? These working people are most likely a citizen as much as you and I. what an uneducated thing to say, good job.

ColonelCash said:   I can't find a Subway owned by an American. It's like they warp you to India every time you walk through the door.

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would make a comet like this....

yes, I do have a "footlong"...

Their CONSTANT quality issues with their sandwiches made me change shops years ago. Jimmy Johns or Jersey Mike have replaced them and I've never looked back. The quality difference is unreal. Not to mention a lot of their sandwiches are not healthy at all. Their meatball is more calories than a big mac!

tracfancier said:   The difference between $5 and $6? For the extra $1 they will guarantee it is no less than exactly 12" long.

Don't try to be a comedian. Stick to your day job. Please~

Butcherboy said:   ColonelCash said:   I can't find a Subway owned by an American. It's like they warp you to India every time you walk through the door.

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would make a comet like this....

Unfortunately, there are people in our country who never finished his/her high school. Only an uneducated person can make a post like this one.
Maybe we should start a collection and send this person to India ...good lesson for him

To those bitching about the whole exactly 12" thing.
You must be absolutely livid with all of those "2x4s" in your house.

handyguy said:   'footlong' is not even a word.

Also, "yardarm" isn't related to measurement.

I'm not worried about the size of the bread, but the calculated portions of meat that barely fill the 11" or 12" or whatever are what bother me the most. If you are just getting meat, cheese, and lettuce, you're in for a bread feast.

For those saying the 11" thing isn't such a big deal, consider that to reasonably fill 12" would take more meat. So they're using smaller bread to provide less meat. Over the course of a million subs, that's a TON of money. I think we would all get pretty upset if we found out that you really got 5 fewer ounces of Tide or less HP in your car (ahem, Hyundai) or something like that.

This company has been cutting corners for years and it shows. Yeah I'll go see what $5 footlongs they have and will probably buy one or two during February... but it will be from a lack of other, better options, not because I actually like them or their food.

ColonelCash said:   I can't find a Subway owned by an American. It's like they warp you to India every time you walk through the door.

I didn't know Joe Biden had an account on Fatwallet.

tranzaction said:   Sorry, this might be the dumbest thing I've read. Do you think they Subway sells their franchise to illegal immigrants? These working people are most likely a citizen as much as you and I. what an uneducated thing to say, good job.

the subway franchisee application states:

https://www.subway.com/AdditionalInfoApp/index.aspx

Disclaimer

I understand that the granting of a franchise is at the sole discretion of the Franchisor (Doctor’s Associates Inc., Subway Franchise Systems of Canada, Ltd., Subway International, B.V, Subway Systems do Brasil Ltda., Subway Partners Colombia, C.V., Subway Systems India, Private Limited, Sandwich and Salad Franchises of South Africa, (Pty) Ltd, Subway Systems Australia, Pty. Ltd. or its affiliate). I understand that I must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada to purchase a franchise to be located in the respective country.

wrong thread

Skipping 3 Messages...
REALid10t said:   To those bitching about the whole exactly 12" thing.
You must be absolutely livid with all of those "2x4s" in your house.

Touche, but the analogy follows that the 2x4 measure is width/depth and not length; it's length that is not rounded up...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014