• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
vks22 said:   <snip> its more than 8% less material than promissed.
Ah...*this* is why I like FW people!

Mean estimates of the difference in calories and weight would really take the cake! Yes, I have high standards.

dealmaster00 said:   vwbeetlvr said:   This 12 inch hoopla is nonsense. If they wanted to cheat the customers they would make the bread shorter, ie not as tall, instead of cutting the width of the bread. They could take the 11" dough and stretch it out just a bit. Since the bread is hand made it will never be the same size consistently.except that it was consistently found that the subs were 11" rather than 12". that adds up when you sell millions of subs.Add to this the savvy observation (not originally mine) that they don't tend to err on the side of 13 inches, just the south end of the normal distribution curve...

edit - StevenColorado beat me to this post! +1 to you sir.

REALid10t said:   To those bitching about the whole exactly 12" thing.
You must be absolutely livid with all of those "2x4s" in your house.

Touche, but the analogy follows that the 2x4 measure is width/depth and not length; it's length that is not rounded up...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014