Nexus 4 back in stock! bumper too!

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LG Nexus 4 by Google is back in stock and shipping in 1 - 2 weeks! Yay!

8gb

16gb

Bumper too!

Now where is the Orb?

Member Summary

nexus
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Hi - I was responding to someone. What would be your response to him?

And is it so bad to have a different opinion?
It's l... (more)

noc2be (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 8:20p) |

The nexus 4 is thinner than the Note2 and one tenth of a milimeter thicker than a Droid Razr Maxx. It's also narrower th... (more)

albanach (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 10:09p) |

Back in stock.

LongDongSilver (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 10:04a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

/limit 2 of each device type per play account/

Stock checks are HOT!

Thanks! Got a 16gb ordered.

Only if the iPhone 5 jailbreak weren't rumored to come in less than a week....

I don't even have a need for one but think I may buy one... For the last three months my Sprint service has been terrible because of Hurricane Sandy. I wanted to switch to the Tmobile no contract plan and get the Nexus 4 but they were of course not available. Well my Sprint service just got much better around my house and in my area so the "need" to switch is gone. But I am still thinking about moving to Tmobile but want to test out the service first, so I figure I can get a Nexus 4 and try the no contract plan and see how service is and then sell the Nexus 4 if I don't like it. If they run out of stock I could probably profit from the sale like many people have done, if not at least break even.

Is the bumper something that you should get for this device because of the material the Nexus 4 is made of?

tdc7 said:   Only if the iPhone 5 jailbreak weren't rumored to come in less than a week....

Jailbreaking is no longer legal - for those who cares.

Raistlin said:   I don't even have a need for one but think I may buy one... For the last three months my Sprint service has been terrible because of Hurricane Sandy. I wanted to switch to the Tmobile no contract plan and get the Nexus 4 but they were of course not available. Well my Sprint service just got much better around my house and in my area so the "need" to switch is gone. But I am still thinking about moving to Tmobile but want to test out the service first, so I figure I can get a Nexus 4 and try the no contract plan and see how service is and then sell the Nexus 4 if I don't like it. If they run out of stock I could probably profit from the sale like many people have done, if not at least break even.

Is the bumper something that you should get for this device because of the material the Nexus 4 is made of?

I believe the back is made of a material (glass) that causes it to slip if put on an inclined surface. I'm not even really sure why I bought one since I have a Galaxy Note 2 and love it... ?

PhDeez said:   Raistlin said:   I don't even have a need for one but think I may buy one... For the last three months my Sprint service has been terrible because of Hurricane Sandy. I wanted to switch to the Tmobile no contract plan and get the Nexus 4 but they were of course not available. Well my Sprint service just got much better around my house and in my area so the "need" to switch is gone. But I am still thinking about moving to Tmobile but want to test out the service first, so I figure I can get a Nexus 4 and try the no contract plan and see how service is and then sell the Nexus 4 if I don't like it. If they run out of stock I could probably profit from the sale like many people have done, if not at least break even.

I believe the back is made of a material (glass) that causes it to slip if put on an inclined surface. I'm not even really sure why I bought one since I have a Galaxy Note 2 and love it... ?

So either a bumper or a skin like Ghost Armor would be needed on back to keep it from slipping. I like the Note 2 but it is kinda on the large side and I don't want to extend my contract because I want to wait and see what happens with Sprint's network vision and then decide on who to go with.

thsze said:   tdc7 said:   Only if the iPhone 5 jailbreak weren't rumored to come in less than a week....

Jailbreaking is still legal, only the unlocking exemption was overturned.

Having a jailbroken device is similar to having administrator power on your desktop computer: you have full freedom to install bad stuff on your computer, so stay away from installing dubious browser toolbars and sketchy email attachments - instead, choose to install legitimate software from reputable developers. Use the same caution when installing software on your jailbroken device.

In other words, if you don't know what specific security measures are undone by the jailbreak ... Don't do it!

I refuse to jailbreak any device I use for emails and sensitive information. If the only way to get a feature is to jailbreak ... I don't care for that feature, be smart. Hackers love impulsive users.

If you have sensitive information, why are you using an iOS or Android device? Neither are US Government approved even in the stock state. They either use Blackberry or their own custom Android.

Raistlin said:   Is the bumper something that you should get for this device because of the material the Nexus 4 is made of?The bumper looks nice, but it still leaves the entire glass back exposed (which I guess is good if you want to show off the pretty back). I got this Diztronic case on Amazon a few months ago when the bumpers were sold out, but I'm very happy with it. It feels great, provides a good grip, and the buttons work surprisingly well. The Diztronic case also costs half as much as the bumper ($12.50 with Prime/FSSS versus $20+5 shipping).

thsze said:   tdc7 said:   Only if the iPhone 5 jailbreak weren't rumored to come in less than a week....

though the rules have changed, a non-contract phone would be fine to do whatever you want to it. The phones are not only tied to a carrier as they once were. Still, YMMV depending on your circumstance.

thanatoslrsd said:   thsze said:   tdc7 said:   Only if the iPhone 5 jailbreak weren't rumored to come in less than a week....

though the rules have changed, a non-contract phone would be fine to do whatever you want to it. The phones are not only tied to a carrier as they once were. Still, YMMV depending on your circumstance.

The deal is that jailbreaking will remain legal only because there's nothing anyone can do about it - any perceived slight is unenforceable. However, the DCMA will no longer exempt people from removing their phone from a carrier without the carrier's consent - doing so will be a crime punishable by up to five years imprisonment, up to $100,000 fine, or both (first time offenders will get much less, but if the prosecutors decide to make an example out of you - you'll do worse). My understanding is that you must call the carrier and get permission before you may remove the phone-carrier association. You can still purchase a phone unlocked, you can still unlock a phone with permission, but you are proscribed from unlocking a phone without the carrier's permission (i.e. using eBay codes).

Legally, it's not much different than copying a DVD with CSS - you'll likely get away with it but in the case of the cell phone, no saying if the carrier won't send out probes looking for phones once theirs. I'd not want to be the first 'example,' that's for sure.

The best part about the Nexus 4 is that you don't have to worry about JB or unlocking because there is mo locking down or disabling of any original phone/OS feature that it is liberating and show the full potential of the device. And yes, it is better. And anyone in the know is glad to buy one because they can probably sell it a month later for a handsome profit.

Ordered 16G model! YIPPIE! So I can dump my Sprint sero plan. $50/month with horrid data speed....bye bye Sprint.

Thanks so much for posting! My son has been waiting for this to be restocked!

Anyone can suggest best wireless carrier plan for this phone?
I use under 100 talk min
Under 500 text
Under 5gb data per month
I'm in Michigan

mminauro1 said:   Anyone can suggest best wireless carrier plan for this phone?
I use under 100 talk min
Under 500 text
Under 5gb data per month
I'm in Michigan

The $30 unlimited web/text + 100 minutes T-Mobile plan.

Is this Nexus 4 for Verizon, Sprint or any carrier?

Straight Talk. i joined them 10 days ago

e2moon said:   Is this Nexus 4 for Verizon, Sprint or any carrier?

No.

e2moon said:   Is this Nexus 4 for Verizon, Sprint or any carrier?

Only GSM so limited to Tmobile or AT&T or a prepaid service that uses them, like Straight Talk.

Of if you are international then there are many carriers this phone can be used with.

Deleted

No MicroSD slot = FAIL!

Raistlin said:   e2moon said:   Is this Nexus 4 for Verizon, Sprint or any carrier?

Only GSM so limited to Tmobile or AT&T or a prepaid service that uses them, like Straight Talk.

Of if you are international then there are many carriers this phone can be used with.

in the ST thread, there's talk that ST isn't selling AT&T SIM cards right now, but might be available at WM. I don't know why though.

dkd711 said:   No MicroSD slot = FAIL!

disagree. all my music, pics, etc is in the cloud. i have no use for micro SD slot in a phone.

eviljim said:   mminauro1 said:   Anyone can suggest best wireless carrier plan for this phone?
I use under 100 talk min
Under 500 text
Under 5gb data per month
I'm in Michigan

I can't seem to find the $30 unlimited we/text + 100 minutes plan....

What am I doing wrong?

poorfatkid said:   eviljim said:   mminauro1 said:   Anyone can suggest best wireless carrier plan for this phone?
I use under 100 talk min
Under 500 text
Under 5gb data per month
I'm in Michigan

What am I doing wrong?

Scroll down on this link : http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

poorfatkid said:   eviljim said:   mminauro1 said:   Anyone can suggest best wireless carrier plan for this phone?
I use under 100 talk min
Under 500 text
Under 5gb data per month
I'm in Michigan

What am I doing wrong?

It's under the PrePaid Monthly 4G Plans:

Link

eviljim said:   mminauro1 said:   Anyone can suggest best wireless carrier plan for this phone?
I use under 100 talk min
Under 500 text
Under 5gb data per month
I'm in Michigan

pardon my ignorance, is it unlocked, if so, could you get 4G speed using this phone thru T-Mobile and use it as wifi hotspot?

DesiTamncho said:   eviljim said:   mminauro1 said:   Anyone can suggest best wireless carrier plan for this phone?
I use under 100 talk min
Under 500 text
Under 5gb data per month
I'm in Michigan

pardon my ignorance, is it unlocked, if so, could you get 4G speed using this phone thru T-Mobile and use it as wifi hotspot?

I have a Galaxy Nexus (unlocked) and yes, I get 4G speeds (HSPA) and use it as a wifi hotspot. It's part of the OS to turn that on.

I just got a clear/frosted case for mine off eBay. You can see the phone sorta through it.

Why is the tax so much?

kevingregg said:   dkd711 said:   No MicroSD slot = FAIL!

disagree. all my music, pics, etc is in the cloud. i have no use for micro SD slot in a phone.

But are your apps and games all ran from the cloud? That's the bulk of memory usage on portable devices, not music and pics.

kevingregg said:   dkd711 said:   No MicroSD slot = FAIL!

Except that you need a pricey data plan to access all that stuff in the cloud. And since most are going with Straight Talk, good luck with that. They will throttle you off so bad you won't be able to do squat and enjoy calling Pakistan to hear "We need to provision your phone" or "You need some updates..." (Code for "You are using too much data"...)

The lack of MicroSD on the Nexus series always puzzled me to be honest.

cyfan said:   DesiTamncho said:   eviljim said:   mminauro1 said:   Anyone can suggest best wireless carrier plan for this phone?
I use under 100 talk min
Under 500 text
Under 5gb data per month
I'm in Michigan

Hi,

Anyone knows of any ongoing cheap data plan deals from AT&T, with or without texting.

TIA

Anyone know how many in stock?

Skipping 184 Messages...
Back in stock.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014