• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I am not near a Six Flags but if you can get a season pass with free parking for ~$120 and a meal plan for $69.99

The potential for savings would be tremendous if you had one nearby.

This is for the one closest to me, as far as I know it is a national promotion.

Six Flags New England

Member Summary

six flags
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I think you can count on zero to one hands the number of people in the entire country that are going to get in on this d... (more)

dbl118 (Jan. 31, 2013 @ 4:35p) |

I think there's about a 0.1% chance of that happening... it ain't gonna be a carbon copy of the Best Buy MC deal... why?... (more)

tallladude (Jan. 31, 2013 @ 4:54p) |

I really don't know how it happened. I was at the window about to pay the $59.99 when I pulled out my military id and a... (more)

JRedleg (Jan. 31, 2013 @ 8:30p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Two birds. Fat wallet and coronary artery disease.

Courtjester2001 said:   Two birds. Fat wallet and coronary artery disease.

Seems they offer a few healthier options at each parks. Not sure if I could handle the same thing every day being older, but if this came out when I was in college? Hell, I would have abused the hell out of it.

This does not include the "Johnny Rockets", arguably the best restaurant in Six Flags and (a decent burger joint chain). Neither are the BBQ or the Chinese places. Some "premium meals" require an extra buck or two (not specified exactly what these are). Also, it excludes drinks (an additional $10 gives you unlimited $1 refills for the season). September is an extra $5. Basically, this is for simple burgers, pizzas, chicken fingers and similar stuff.

The plan allows for one lunch and one dinner per day - it is not unlimited. As each meal is around $10, this means about 8 meals to break even. If one goes to the park 4 times during the season for long days, which require two meals, you will break even. If you plan on visiting say 6 times for five hours (basically one meal per visit), you will lose money.

Tip for families: at Johnny Rockets, in the past two years, the difference between a single and double burger meals was only $1, so get a double and split the double burger meal between two kids. Each pattie is 1/3 lb, so the cost would be around $7 per child - and these are decent burgers and fries. Actually, if your kids are young, you can even split a single burger.

I wonder if there are people who buy this along with the season pass/parking for $180 total and just go to Six Flags for lunch and/or dinner every day?

How long is the season?
4 month season = opportunity for approx 240 meals
At a conservative $5 per meal that works out to $1200
At $7 per meal that works out to $1680
All for $180!

It seems a little awkward walking in and out of the park just for meals!

wvtalbot said:   Courtjester2001 said:   Two birds. Fat wallet and coronary artery disease.

Seems they offer a few healthier options at each parks. Not sure if I could handle the same thing every day being older, but if this came out when I was in college? Hell, I would have abused the hell out of it.

If I stayed closer, I would go

icecube said:   I wonder if there are people who buy this along with the season pass/parking for $180 total and just go to Six Flags for lunch and/or dinner every day?

How long is the season?
All for $180!

What time does the lunch menu end and the dinner menu begin? Show up at the park everyday 30 min. before this time, grab a lunch and a dinner, hit the road.

ScrawneyWallet said:   icecube said:   I wonder if there are people who buy this along with the season pass/parking for $180 total and just go to Six Flags for lunch and/or dinner every day?

How long is the season?
All for $180!

What time does the lunch menu end and the dinner menu begin? Show up at the park everyday 30 min. before this time, grab a lunch and a dinner, hit the road.

lunch is till 330 and dinner starts at 430. If you got there a little before 330 everyday you could have lunch, chill for an hour, and leave at 430 with a to-go dinner. If you lived in walking/biking distance you could easily abuse this. If i had kids that were old enough to go alone id consider it a $180 summer baby sitter for the summer

I live 3 miles from the 6 Flags in Valencia CA. I am wondering if I can just get the $69 meal plan as I am not a ride person and has never been to any 6 flags.

Lunch is from 1130-3:30, dinner begins at 4:30, according to the details on my local park's site. Even if they'd let me get my two meals together (to share with my kids), I'd have to visit the park at least 4-5 times to break even. Something worth considering, but hardly a life-altering deal...

mnsweeps said:   I live 3 miles from the 6 Flags in Valencia CA. I am wondering if I can just get the $69 meal plan as I am not a ride person and has never been to any 6 flags.

(1) probably not, as you would need somehow to get into the park...
(2) doesn't that park also have a water park? you could enjoy lazing around the pools and such instead of rides. That said, there are plenty of great water rides as well...

Our $69.99 Dining Pass provides meals through September 14. For just $5 more, you can add meals during Fright Fest in October.

It gets put on your season pass. I live pretty close to Six Flags Gurnee. I didn't grow up around here, but the locals tell me the season pass is the best way to entertain your 13-16 years olds for the summer. Gurnee also has a water park, so no need to buy a local pool pass=more savings. Anybody know how much a drink is or if bringing your own drinks into the pool area is allowed?

zklopman said:   mnsweeps said:   I live 3 miles from the 6 Flags in Valencia CA. I am wondering if I can just get the $69 meal plan as I am not a ride person and has never been to any 6 flags.

(1) probably not, as you would need somehow to get into the park...
(2) doesn't that park also have a water park? you could enjoy lazing around the pools and such instead of rides. That said, there are plenty of great water rides as well...

Yeah the Hurricane Harbor is the water ride one. I will see this season if I can get an annual pass for me and my 8 year old daughter. I live in Stevenson Ranch about 3 miles south of 6 flags so its very convenient for me.

nm

Seems like a great deal especially if you live in a state that has mild winters like Florida. The only 2 months its too cold is Dec and Jan, and that's even arguable. I hope they open a 6 flags in Orlando.

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not sure the meal plan will work for us. We usually go after dinner and stay till closing.

I scored an incredible deal for the 2013 2 park + parking season pass in Jackson, NJ. I was going to renew our passes for $59.99 when I asked about a military discount. $19.99 per person!!! I used discover and got another dollar off. In years past, their military discounts were only good for single day passes. This was an incredible deal.

Wow, delicious and romantic.

OK, this is disgusting. I'll know I've hit rock bottom when I'm driving to the amusement park every day and walking a half a mile or so, and possibly waiting in lines to get the same disgusting meal day in and day out for only ~$200. It would be cheaper, easier, quicker, likely tastier, and healthier just to boil some rice each day at home.

NO FREE PARKING at most Six Flags.

e.g.

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/tickets/index.aspx

"buy four Season Passes, you'll receive one FREE Season Parking Pass"

OTHERWISE:

One-Day Parking
$22.00 tax included

One-Day Preferred Parking
$32.00 tax included

Season Parking
$60.00 tax included
Valid at Six Flags Great Adventure/Hurricane Harbor only.
One Season Parking Pass must be applied to one Season Pass.

I guess if you live next door you could just walk.

fxm87 said:   NO FREE PARKING at most Six Flags.

e.g.

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/tickets/index.aspx

"buy four Season Passes, you'll receive one FREE Season Parking Pass"

OTHERWISE:

One-Day Parking
$22.00 tax included

One-Day Preferred Parking
$32.00 tax included

Season Parking
$60.00 tax included
Valid at Six Flags Great Adventure/Hurricane Harbor only.
One Season Parking Pass must be applied to one Season Pass.

I guess if you live next door you could just walk.

If you're getting season passes, just go for the gold pass, if you can. $100, includes free parking. Literally pays for itself in two visits.

Heads up. last year (past october) we got our season passes before our Six Flags closed for the winter. if we activated them in october we got free parking too (up graded to gold is really what they did). Maybe keep your eyes open for it next year.

Three kids so im considering this meal deal IF it comes to our Six Flags (Six Flags Great escape)

EDIT: well i couldnt find a link to it at my Six Flags. So i used OP's link but switched out their park for mine AND it worked. Try with your local park maybe ?? found it on my parks website too via a page.
http://www.sixflags.com/greatescape/tickets/seasondiningpass.asp...

My love.

Six Flags burgers/fries/bbq/pizza isn't horrible, but it's not what anyone would want to eat regularly. I tend to have a bite of my kids' food and go to the condiment bar and load up on tomato slices (usually bad) and sauteed mushrooms.

Don't really agree on the valuation of the deal... You're paying for lower quality and park inflated prices. I'm sure it is still a deal, but not as much as the numbers state.

icecube said:   I wonder if there are people who buy this along with the season pass/parking for $180 total and just go to Six Flags for lunch and/or dinner every day?

How long is the season?
All for $180!

wvtalbot said:   Courtjester2001 said:   Two birds. Fat wallet and coronary artery disease.

How long is the season?
All for $180!

Thought about this...Is parking included with season pass? My Six Flags (Fiesta Texas in San Antonio) charges $17 for parking! I guess I could take the bus there for $1-2....but still kind of kills the idea.

JRedleg said:   Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not sure the meal plan will work for us. We usually go after dinner and stay till closing.

I scored an incredible deal for the 2013 2 park + parking season pass in Jackson, NJ. I was going to renew our passes for $59.99 when I asked about a military discount. $19.99 per person!!! I used discover and got another dollar off. In years past, their military discounts were only good for single day passes. This was an incredible deal.

Can you please tell me how this worked? I called my local (DC) place and they said the only discounts are through tbe base on single-day tickets, so then, since you got such a good price, I went ahead and called the place in NJ... For that kind of discount I'd be PERFECTLY willing to go to NJ to buy and process our passes, hit the park for a day, then use the passes at our local place for the rest of the season...

... but they gave me the same "no military discount on season passes" line that the DC place did. Maybe your deal was for renewing?

I'm considering buying 4 passes for $200, which will kick back $10 on the Discover, plus get us free parking... so a good deal... but man, $19.99, that would have been AMAZING!

JRedleg said:   Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not sure the meal plan will work for us. We usually go after dinner and stay till closing.

I worked at SFNJ and I couldn't even buy them for anywhere near that price.

They must have run the numbers and found out most season pass holders only visit 3-5 times or something. Before you know it they will let you take home a plush toy every time you visit for only another $79.99 a year. This plan only works for Six Flags if people don't go often.

acraven5 said:   They must have run the numbers and found out most season pass holders only visit 3-5 times or something. Before you know it they will let you take home a plush toy every time you visit for only another $79.99 a year. This plan only works for Six Flags if people don't go often.

Wait until people that live within 5-10 miles radius flock to get into this deal and eat there regularly for the whole season. Whoever runs the numbers is lacking in critical thinking department and I have a feeling this deal is not going to last very long.

hondo1978 said:   acraven5 said:   They must have run the numbers and found out most season pass holders only visit 3-5 times or something. Before you know it they will let you take home a plush toy every time you visit for only another $79.99 a year. This plan only works for Six Flags if people don't go often.

Wait until people that live within 5-10 miles radius flock to get into this deal and eat there regularly for the whole season. Whoever runs the numbers is lacking in critical thinking department and I have a feeling this deal is not going to last very long.

Funny you mentioned this. I live in Stevenson Ranch about 3 miles from 6 Flags - LA. Problem is I dont go to these rides cos of fear of heights. Same with my 8 yr old daughter. We are planning to get a seasons pass for just Hurricane Harbor. Not sure if thats possible though..

hondo1978 said:   acraven5 said:   They must have run the numbers and found out most season pass holders only visit 3-5 times or something. Before you know it they will let you take home a plush toy every time you visit for only another $79.99 a year. This plan only works for Six Flags if people don't go often.

I think you can count on zero to one hands the number of people in the entire country that are going to get in on this deal and eat there the entire season. I think the percentage of customers that they will lose money on (i.e. they eat more than $70 worth of profit) is going to be minute too.

In any case, even if there was a mob of people waiting to exploit the system and ride busses into 6 Flags everyday to get their "free" (after $190 purchase) slices of pizza, it would be a half a year or so until they even knew about it, so the deal isn't going away soon.

I think there's about a 0.1% chance of that happening... it ain't gonna be a carbon copy of the Best Buy MC deal... why? A combination of factors:

First, consider the quality of the food involved. While I haven't been to Six Flags in many years, I have been to DisneyLand and Universal Studios recently. IMHO, the food at these two parks is at least a notch up from what I remember it being like at SF... which isn't saying much. On the same par as McDonalds/KFC/Arby's. For me personally, even if one of those local fast food joints offered a similar deal, I'd personally be sick of it by no later than the third or forth day in. I do realize, I'm certainly not everyone and when some hear a deal like this, the concept there's a way to get 80%, 90% or so discount on a commodity that otherwise has a high markup... they're in!

But, turning it into the deal of the year requires one thing that spans a huge spectrum in terms of it's perceived value--time.

I live a mile from Universal Studios, but even if they offered the same deal, no way I'd jump on it. To take advantage of this deal, one needs to have a LOT of free time on their hands with what they believe there to be nothing better else to do, 'cause this isn't like a quick run for fast food. Just getting into the park, no matter how you slice it, is a huge time suck. I actually got myself the top Universal Studios tier annual pass last year, not because I had visions of frequent visits for the all-day fun the park offers, but for the free before 5pm parking perk that only comes with the most expensive option. The park adjoins Universal Citywalk, actually the closest place for me when it comes high concentration of movie theaters/restaurants/comedy/dance clubs. For $11/month payments, the parking alone was worth it, but in the 7 months I've had it they've given me 3 companion free passes I've used with buddies. Thing is, even with the parking option, it's still hell in all but the slowest, off-season time periods to park. Yeah, get there at the crack of dawn and you'll get a spot where you can get inside the park in under a 10 minute walk... otherwise, it can take 20 mins just to get through the line of cars at the parking booth, 20 more to find a spot that's akin to remote parking at the airport.

Any big theme park, all the Six Flags I've been to included, have massive parking lots that either take time just getting into them, then finding a space, then in most cases, waiting for a tram to get you to the main gate, then wait in line to get in the park... anyone with that much time on their hands to repeat this every day for some assembly line food is crazy!

Yes, they may have a few die-hard theme park enthusiasts who are gluttons for cheap food cost them more than what they collect from the purchase price of this pass, but they'll enjoy the benefit of having the majority jump on the deal because psychologically, it sounds so incredible. Most of the takers I doubt will even reach the break even point. I'm betting the local $6 Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet yields the better value for food gluttons than this one does.

zhoen said:   JRedleg said:   Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not sure the meal plan will work for us. We usually go after dinner and stay till closing.

Can you please tell me how this worked? I called my local (DC) place and they said the only discounts are through tbe base on single-day tickets, so then, since you got such a good price, I went ahead and called the place in NJ... For that kind of discount I'd be PERFECTLY willing to go to NJ to buy and process our passes, hit the park for a day, then use the passes at our local place for the rest of the season...

... but they gave me the same "no military discount on season passes" line that the DC place did. Maybe your deal was for renewing?

I'm considering buying 4 passes for $200, which will kick back $10 on the Discover, plus get us free parking... so a good deal... but man, $19.99, that would have been AMAZING!

I really don't know how it happened. I was at the window about to pay the $59.99 when I pulled out my military id and asked if there were any better deals I could get. The older gent behind the counter told me the total cost being less than $83, I signed the credit card statement and ran to process the pass before they changed their minds. I was hoping it was more than a rogue employee giving me a break.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.