TiVo Lifetime For $49 on Certain Boxes

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just was offered a Tivo One-Time Service Extension for $49 via email. It was coded to my Tivo HD that I sent off to recycling.

Tivo did this awhile back at $99 for some customers, so if your Tivo has been collecting dust in a closet, you might want to check your spam filters.

Obviously, had I known Tivo would pull a $49 lifetime offer, I wouldn't have recycled the Tivo

Member Summary

TiVo Lifetime For $49
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
expiration 1/30?

vickh (Feb. 01, 2013 @ 11:53a) |

Some posters are concerned Series II have poor choices for Output - No HDMI.

But my concern is I have only Cable TV, and ... (more)

SalemCat (Mar. 28, 2013 @ 12:15p) |

Agree 100%.

PugRanch (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 9:32p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › TiVo
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can you post/pm the email with your TSN blocked out?

TIA!

"As a former Tivo customer, you're eligible for an exclusive offer:
For just $49 you can sign up for a special One-Time Service Extension plan and never pay another cent for Tivo service. Take advantage of this amazing, limited-time offer today!

The One-Time Service Extension plan only applies to the DVR for which it was purchased. It cannot be transferred to another DVR.

Call 1-877-367-8486 today and mention the One-Time Service Extension offer.

Thank you, and we look forward to you returning to the Tivo family.

Offer only valid for Tivo DVR with TSN XXXX (#'s removed to protect my privacy)

$49 One-Time Service Extension
Call now
1-877-367-8486

EXPIRES 1/30/2013"

Make sure you have the 10 digit phone # associated with your account!!!

vickh said:   Can you post/pm the email with your TSN blocked out?

TIA!

Why green? Highly targeted. No one will be able to get this.

Too bad mine all have it already. I need to sell my SVR2000, it's just gathering dust. 30 gigs! WOW!

qube said:   Why green? Highly targeted. No one will be able to get this.

Probably because it's going to wind up in spam folders. Probably from someone who got (nearly) free lifetime because their spam folder had the email in it.

Can a person sell/transfer their Tivo+life time service?
Once you get the offer is the offer tied to your existing box or can u buy a new Tivo & pay the $49 lifetime on it?
Is Tivo going under (in the past whenever I've seen lifetime offers they've been the kiss of death)?

"

I have one Tivo HD with lifetime already, and have considered buying the new model. We are on Cox in San Diego, and I find that we pay about $120 a month for TV service; with Internet and Phone, the bill is about $210 a month, and always going up. I just signed up with DirecTV and anticipate saving about $1400 over the next two years. I hope their TV is at least as good as Cox, which has been virtually trouble free except for that little add-on box that seems to require a restart every week or so.

I did hate to commit to 2 years, but what the heck. I can always just pay the penalty and go back, but to pay $2800 for two years of TV just irritates me when it used to be about 60% less, though that was a long time ago.

For the $550 or so a new Tivo with lifetime service would have cost me, I get 55 months of DTV DVR, I should be able to switch to new technologies as they arrive. I used to tell the satellite guys that I would not go with them because they didn't support Tivo, but ours has been so erratic over the last year or so, I am willing to try something new.

However, for $49 lifetime service, I think you can't go wrong.

Thanks OP for this post. I suppose that MANY should take advantage of this deal if offered to them.

Regards,
Cogito

BTW, I will probably try to sell my current Tivo HD. I will ahve to see what they are getting on eBay with lifetime. Box works great, but that darned little box Cox made us install a year or so ago makes the whole thing kind of annoying because it craps out so often.

Looks cool. I wanna buy one for myself and the price is also nice.

Average fleabay value is between $200 to $300. Presume that will dip a little as people put these up for sale.

Always call Tivo before listing to make sure your Tivo lifetime is transferable, though most (if not all) are.

Tough call for me, I may be moving back to a cable-only apartment, $150+ for a CableCARD add-on for my PC vs $250 for a Tivo HD w lifetime. Gotta factor in power demands for a PC vs a Tivo, and the fact that Tivo has exclusive features (Suggestions, TiVoToGo). Transcoding Media Center files has been a pain in the past, though I hear it's much better now.

DVR nuts: Semi-related, don't forget the free Media Center add-on promo codes for Windows 8 expire today. You must install/deploy/activate Windows 8 plus the Media Center key by today.

I just purchased a Tivo with lifetime subscription of eBay and Tivo told me the lifetime is non-transferable because its an employee evaluation model.

angelkelly said:   I just purchased a Tivo with lifetime subscription of eBay and Tivo told me the lifetime is non-transferable because its an employee evaluation model.

When possible, you should call Tivo and ask if the TSN supports lifetime transfer. Usually I would do this after winning an eBay auction... but before sending payment. That isn't always possible with things like buy it now, but a good rule to follow when you can.

While this is a targeted promotion, it is possible to get it just by calling. But it's typically available only for people that have older units, I was able to do it by calling and didn't receive an email. This was last summer though, as I was upgrading everything to Series 4.

Ughh just did the recent $99 upgrade deal.

As an FYI, you can get an HD Tivo from DirecTV. The interface is the old school Tivo interface, but it plays Hi Def and I like it better than the DirecTV DVR, which I also own. More responsive and Wishlists. They did mess up the Tivo remote by adding all the DirecTV buttons to it, though.

I tried calling when the $99 deal came around. Went through 3 reps and they all did everything they could to check and see if I was on the targeted list. No luck saying I lost the email. Did anyone try with this yet?

I just got a letter for lifetime on an old Series II.

qube said:   Why green? Highly targeted. No one will be able to get this.

you don't the faintest idea if it's "highly targeted". YOU didn't get it so that's the end of the story?

Did anyone else get it? Nope. Was it targeted to the OP? Yes. Highly targeted? Yes.

For those who say "this is so people check them spam folder!" Maybe they should post a daily hot deal for people to brush their teeth, go to work, etc.

qube said:   Did anyone else get it? Nope. Was it targeted to the OP? Yes. Highly targeted? Yes.

For those who say "this is so people check them spam folder!" Maybe they should post a daily hot deal for people to brush their teeth, go to work, etc.

Likely this offer was broadly targeted to a small group. That still makes it a hot deal. As I said in the OP, if you have a Tivo HD that was registered in your name, but has been inactive for a long time, you are likely going to be targeted with this.

And if not now, quite possibly at some point, so don't do what I did and keep that old Tivo out of the recycling pile. It could quite suddenly jump in value later.

As a note, a Tivo HD with lifetime service sells for a premium - much more than the cost of the lifetime service. At $49 you'd probably make $150 before fees selling it.

You could also try calling them and asking about it. I got the $99 deal when I called to cancel my Tivo HD, so you never know.

I just did live chat. They said it was an expired offer for people that had canceled their Tivo service. My service is up for renewal in 3 days. They offered me nothing. Bah.

The direcTV Tivos don't support all the HD channels -- or didn't on the last one I had. (they went from 3 to 5 sat recievers) I have a disconnected HD series 3 so who knows, maybe I will get this offer.

Edit: I was offered the lifetime for 99.99 on my Series3 -- but ONLY if I upgraded to a Premiere as well.

When you purchase a new Premiere 4 and transfer your service subscription, you can get a special lifetime rate to continue service on your current DVR with a simple, one-time payment. Take advantage of this special Tivo Loyalty Program service offer. Regularly $499.99
One-time payment
for Product Lifetime
service on current DVR
When you purchase a Tivo Premiere 4 and transfer Tivo service
Only valid for Series3 DVR TSN # xxxx

So not really a deal at all. Maybe after mine has been turned off longer.

(I left mine on for a long time after I moved out of a cable TV area to a UVerse area -- not going to admit how long I left it on with it sitting in a closet...)

qube said:   Did anyone else get it? Nope. Was it targeted to the OP? Yes. Highly targeted? Yes.

i got the offer last week.

blankblank said:   

expiration 1/30?

vickh said:   blankblank said:   

expiration 1/30?

yes. i had to go into my trash bin to check. i had deleted the email without even opening it. i cancelled the service several years ago and got rid of the box over a year ago.

Just a quick note to people asking if Tivo is going under.... not even close. They were limping along for a long time but in the last 12 months a lot has changed. Their patent on time shift technology has been upheld and they have been awarded over $500 million in suits with several huge companies still in talk of settling.

Do a quick google search for "Tivo wins dvr patent dispute" and just skim the results =)

I got Tivo lifetime for $99 on a couple of Series 2 when they offered it a while back. I might be able to get it for $49 for another Series 2 but wondering if its worth it. Thoughts?

my4mainecoons said:    I might be able to get it for $49 for another Series 2 but wondering if its worth it. Thoughts?

how? expired?

Only reason I wouldn't do it as Tivo S2 doesn't have component out or HD .

cnjmorris said:   Just a quick note to people asking if Tivo is going under.... not even close. They were limping along for a long time but in the last 12 months a lot has changed. Their patent on time shift technology has been upheld and they have been awarded over $500 million in suits with several huge companies still in talk of settling.

Do a quick google search for "Tivo wins dvr patent dispute" and just skim the results =)

Yeah I bought Tivo when it fell over 50% last year, thanks to a FW thread and sold for a tidy profit last week @ $12.5. Maybe I should put it into Tivo service

Now it's upto 13.5 figures!

nsdp said:   I just got a letter for lifetime on an old Series II.

expiration 1/30?

my4mainecoons said:   I got Tivo lifetime for $99 on a couple of Series 2 when they offered it a while back. I might be able to get it for $49 for another Series 2 but wondering if its worth it. Thoughts?

But my concern is I have only Cable TV, and setting up A series II with a DTA and IR is a nightmare of wires and fiddling.

I'll pass.

SalemCat said:   my4mainecoons said:   I got Tivo lifetime for $99 on a couple of Series 2 when they offered it a while back. I might be able to get it for $49 for another Series 2 but wondering if its worth it. Thoughts?

But my concern is I have only Cable TV, and setting up A series II with a DTA and IR is a nightmare of wires and fiddling.

I'll pass.

Agree 100%.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014