• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link. Shipping is free.

Sears
See Sears coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dell Latitude D630
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That's like 5 years old... replaced by the E line - 6x00, 6x10, 6x20, 6x30...

Might be okay if swap out the hard drive. Don't want a 5 year old drive to crash!

Is this a joke?

StHalcyon said:   Is this a joke?
Believe or not, my old D630 is my daily driver (Win 7, SSD, and 4GB RAM added along the way)

Other laptops have come and gone, but this thing has been solid, and runs great

2cheap2eat said:   Might be okay if swap out the hard drive. Don't want a 5 year old drive to crash!

Good luck finding a hard drive for it that isn't 5 years old. It uses a weird 'zif' drive.

b534202 said:   2cheap2eat said:   Might be okay if swap out the hard drive. Don't want a 5 year old drive to crash!

Good luck finding a hard drive for it that isn't 5 years old. It uses a weird 'zif' drive.

Not true- any presently available 9.5mm SATA hard drive should work in this. Only SATA I, but supports AHCI. I have SSD in it.

fris said:   b534202 said:   2cheap2eat said:   Might be okay if swap out the hard drive. Don't want a 5 year old drive to crash!

Not true- any presently available 9.5mm SATA hard drive should work in this. Only SATA I, but supports AHCI. I have SSD in it.

Yeah, you're right. It is the D430 that uses the quirky hd.

I don't know... I had a D620 built in early 2007 and have been using it till Sept of last year when my company decided to replace it. Though an SSD would've helped, it wouldn't have helped by a whole lot. =)

fris said:   StHalcyon said:   Is this a joke?
Believe or not, my old D630 is my daily driver (Win 7, SSD, and 4GB RAM added along the way)

Other laptops have come and gone, but this thing has been solid, and runs great

StHalcyon said:   I don't know... I had a D620 built in early 2007 and have been using it till Sept of last year when my company decided to replace it. Though an SSD would've helped, it wouldn't have helped by a whole lot. =)

lol, yeah these aren't barnburners for sure... But the D630 was big upgrade to D620, as it added Santa Rosa chipset, Core 2 Duo, AHCI support, 64 bit memory support to 8 gb, newer graphics options, brighter screen, Intel flash Cache, Wireless-N, and Firewire port... I run it with an SSD- it does the typical road warrior stuff well and has been rock solid (for me)

Makes a nice Hackintosh but the price is about $100 too much..

Only thing I would warn against (and most likely the reason you are seeing this as a "refurb") is the video processor on the basic d630 setup is a ticking time bomb.

I learned about it after I bought my daughter one a while back. Great laptop otherwise......just that ultimately the video (and as such, motherboard) will choke and die. My daughter may have contributed a bit with constant skyping (external camera as d630 doesn't have native camera) but when reading up on what was going wrong with hers, that's when I learned about the video/mobo prob.

Caveat emptor.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.