• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free Quicken Deluxe 2013 with Purchase of TurboTax 2012 @ Amazon - $26.74 after Coupon

Free Shipping!

Coupons
BTTG35QK - $29.99 off

May be used in combination with any other version of Quicken 2013 and TurboTax.

*The Quicken Deluxe 2013 is on sale for $29.99 making it the best deal.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Free Quicken Deluxe 2013 with Purchase of TurboTax 2012
Thanks sparky34
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
So call them up or chat - it's still showing up on the website and it's still supposed to be active.

Connman (Mar. 19, 2013 @ 1:44p) |

Coupon still worked for me. Nice. $30 off TurboTax Premier and Quicken Premier. There's a $40 rebate listed on the Intui... (more)

ed2day (Mar. 24, 2013 @ 7:59a) |

Coupon worked!

Sure am glad the 2013 Taxes are behind!!!

TomPtz (May. 31, 2013 @ 8:34a) |

this offer isn't working. any suggestions???
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Quicken is terrible isn't even worth it for free - puts icons on your desktop for other vendors and products. NO THANK U

I has been waiting for. Thank you OP!

I've been using Quicken (and TurboTax) for many years (more than I'd like to admit). The icons they put on your desktop are easy enough for any 6 year old to delete.
Annoying? Perhaps for 2 seconds, but not a criteria I would use to dismiss the whole package - let alone the deal!

pangaaz: If you don't like the software (aside from the deal itself), why are you in here in the first place? Your comment adds no real value to the discussion to help FW users decide whether to jump on this or not.

Thanks, OP!

Awesome deal. Got Turbo Tax federal and quicken deluxe for 29.99

Nice deal op. I just updated from Quicken 2004 to 2013. I wanted to start using the Quicken iPhone app and put in my transactions directly at the store. They sync to the "Quicken cloud" back and forth from the pc to/from the iphone. I always have my balance in my hands and my transactions up to date for month-end reconciliation, and also helps me better detail transactions and keep precise track of spending/budgeting.

How does the sync feature work? Is it reliable?

The reviews in Google Play Store is not very good...

Looks like the $35 promo code is being applied as "up to $35 off", meaning the $29.99 Quicken Deluxe is only getting a $29.99 promo discount from the code. Just got off the phone with Amazon, who did a price adjust on the TurboTax side of the order to give me an additional $6 discount (love how they round UP the fixes). So I end up with QD, TTD+efile+S for $33.99 shipped. Seems like a winner to me! And all without a rebate - even a Staples Easy Rebate - Wow!

I bought Quicken Premier 2011 for $15 off fleabay after reading all the horrible reviews about 2013. Only good for a year but hopefully they can fix the software before then.

FWIW, it sounds like they're addressing the issues and newer reviews seem to be improving. I NEVER get the new version 'til Jan/Feb/Mar just because of their history with introducing bugs with new features. I believe they were on release 10 for the 2013 version at the begining of January, yet the 2012 version is only on version 7 as of today...

Connman said:   Looks like the $35 promo code is being applied as "up to $35 off", meaning the $29.99 Quicken Deluxe is only getting a $29.99 promo discount from the code. Just got off the phone with Amazon, who did a price adjust on the TurboTax side of the order to give me an additional $6 discount (love how they round UP the fixes). So I end up with QD, TTD+efile+S for $33.99 shipped...Final results seem to depend on the Am@zon CSR - mine clearly explained to me:"Buy Select TurboTax 2012 Titles, Save Up to $35 on Quicken 2013."So, since Quicken Deluxe 2013 was $29.99, that was all I got - $39.99 shipped.

I only gave your reply RED to draw people's attention to the YMMV part.

Turbo basic is only $25 now. So, got both for only $25. Basic is all I need because all the essential features are there.

Bit on it. I needed TurboTax deluxe anyways and I can flip the quicken 2013 on fleabay for a few bucks to make it worth my while

Amazon deal is better than Dell's $10.99 just for Quicken only; you have to buy TurboTax to get a $40 rebate. Sorry, my earlier input was wrong.

I called and was lucky enough to get additional $5.00 promotion applied to my order. Total came to $27.05 out the door with tax. Free Super Saver shipping.

I had ordered TurboTax earlier in the day and cancelled that order to get the deal you posted. Thanks. Green for you.

I cannot apply the code. Anyone got the same problem?

spaday said:   I cannot apply the code. Anyone got the same problem?

Same here.

THE CODE IS NOT APPLICABLE

I believe it's because the Quicken is no longer sold by Amazon. Must be out of stock.

i think it's because you need to buy quicken from Amazon directly, and not from a 3rd party vendor...and Amazon is currently out of stock of quicken deluxe.

this link should give a better idea of what Amazon currently has in stock

Text

It's back in stock. Just ordered.

Looks like Quicken's price jumped back up.

That makes my Quicken 2000 very old. It still services what I need in Windows XP. Haven't try to install it in Win 7 yet.

Thanks! Needed TurdblowTax and an upgrade to Quicken since mine 'expired' a month ago. Repped.

And now the price is back down to the starting point, so still a deal. Notifying Mods to restore from "Expired Deals" as this SHOULD run thru 4/15/2013, per Amazon's website: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_366605202_1?i...

PMing to Staples would be better as they have a $40 visa or check, but YMMV - I got shot down cause they caught the fact I was purchasing both together (trying to PM both).

To me, it's coming up to $24.95 and am pulling the trigger. And will later try to get the $5 off as well.

EDIT - no go with Amazon in getting the additional $5 off.

WhyAskWhy said:   That makes my Quicken 2000 very old. It still services what I need in Windows XP. Haven't try to install it in Win 7 yet.
Here I am hemming and hawing if I should go to Win8 from Win7 and you come along.

Jeez man. Not sure who is worse...

lanwarrior said:   How does the sync feature work? Is it reliable?

The reviews in Google Play Store is not very good...

There is a difference in syncing with the Quicken Cloud, and syncing/updating transactions from your bank. The Q-cloud sync seems to work without any issues. But I have issues updating the accounts from Chase on the Quicken iPhone app, and occasionally on the Quicken desktop app. I just got married and both my wife and I have accounts through Chase (5 for me, 4 for her). I had to setup 2 bank sync logins. On the Quicken iphone app, it never seems to remember my information to authenticate my account, so I have to "correct the error" and retype my username/password. It's not necessarily an issue because I don't always need my Chase info up to date on the iphone. I do however need the Q-cloud to be up to date with transactions I enter on the desktop or in the quicken iphone app. This I never have a problem with. Things I enter in the app while at stores always transfer to my desktop when I sync, and vice versa. I only worry about the Chase updated transactions on the desktop because that's where I reconcile all the accounts from, and only occasionally do I have to retry an update.

The updates can be slow too depending on your bank. With chase, there is an "accelerated" or "enhanced" data update process (forgot what they call it) that streamlines the account updates between Chase and Quicken but it costs $9.99/month. Not worth it for me.

The reports from Q-cloud to my email about monthly spending and budget over/under are nice too. Overall, the features outweigh the nuances in my opinion. I am putting transactions in ahead of time now with the iPhone app, vs when I reconcile and forget what I actually bought and how to categorize it. I've used quicken since v2.0 for DOS. I go a few years between updates. Sometimes I watch my finances closely so I get the latest version to do all the micro-management features, other times not. Even with all the bug issues, Quicken has always done what I need it to do - keep track of my bank accounts. I'm not an investor or have stocks so I don't use all those features. I do use the budgeting, saving, and reporting features.

I don't get this, why do we need Quicken if we already bought TurboTax?

@arabidopsis They are two different programs. You bought TurboTax to do your taxes this year. It has one purpose - taxes. Quicken, if you use it, is an accounting of your banking info, budgets, etc - multiple uses. There are apps, etc to do what Quicken does: sample

got one. thx op!

I want to get in on this, but my laptop does not have a CD/DVD drive. If I purchase the physical product, does it give me an access code or some way to then download the software from the web as well?

Nice deal! Just worked for me combined with TurboTax Deluxe (Federal/E-file but no state) for $29.99. Not sure if I'll use Quicken but I can always sell or donate it.

Awesome deal for those that just need TT Deluxe, green for you OP! Unfortunately I already own QD and I need TT Premier, which is $69. I normally do TT Premier online thru Vanguard for $49.99. Am I missing something here... is there a deal for me?

Is this deal dead?

Still good - 'til 4/15 as far as the combo. At the moment, QD is down to $29.99 and TTD+e-file+state is $44.99. Depending on your combo, this is still better than elsewhere. Might want to wait for TT to come back down to $39.99, but who knows when QD will bounce up as well...

jroff1 said:   I want to get in on this, but my laptop does not have a CD/DVD drive. If I purchase the physical product, does it give me an access code or some way to then download the software from the web as well?

I'm in the same boat. I'm not seeing any way to do this with both products being the download version. If I add a second download product to my cart, it removes the first one and forces me to finish placing the order and immediately download. Hard to believe this is a limitation of their checkout process. *Apparently they don't have this offer for the download versions - bummer.

Just ordered TT Basic and Quicken Deluxe for $21.31 shipped. Not bad at all. Since I've already done my taxes and received my refund, I don't need the TT, and will probably just donate it to Goodwill. Thanks OP

Still working, Thanks!!!

FatWalletTopDeals said:   Free Quicken Deluxe 2013 with Purchase of TurboTax 2012 @ Amazon - $26.74 after Coupon

Free Shipping!

Coupons
BTTG35QK - $29.99 off

May be used in combination with any other version of
Quicken 2013 and TurboTax.

*The Quicken Deluxe 2013 is on sale for
$29.99 making it the best deal.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Skipping 6 Messages...
Coupon worked!

Sure am glad the 2013 Taxes are behind!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014